Barrage Wonder Wanderer – how to DEMOLISH maps (1.3.X)

"
renroval wrote:
"
Efeyth wrote:
Oh it doesn't work? But it's supposed to? Or no?

And whoever asked about EK i find it weaker than Elemental. I just made the elemental variation and EK is strong but Elemental is just as strong but better, also the intense amount of colours is awesome LOL. Especially if you run 3 spells (i ran Artic Breath, Fireball, Ice shot) and run PCoC with barrage on another 4L with curse on hit, etc. Gotta get used to it and to deal with elemental i just use the EK version in a 4L LOL and get PCoC through yet again barrage with curse on hit.

Why Ice Shot? Doesn't that mean you have to use a high physical damage wand?

Sorry i meant ice spear LOL keep saying the wrong thing
Thinking of starting this build (the phyiscal path), but since i'm a bit poor, i have a few questions?
- Should i go with Tabula Rasa or with a decent 5L armor (can't pay for any other 6L)?
- Have any of you had any troubles with desynching?
- I don't really get it, is it better to dual wield or to use wand + shield and why?
I play EK + arc version

- I play with tabula rasa and I'm happy with it
- no troubles with desync
- before patch I played dual wielding, now I'm playing wand + shield. With this second config I have ~91% critical chance + defence stats from shield

About duel wield I really can't find a good reason to give up the shield
"
renroval wrote:
So spectral throw doesn't produce more procs than barrage or does it? I feel like almost all CoC builds that are effective at end game are ST

To get the same amount of procs and the same range on ST as you get on a quick wand barrage Barrage you need a bigger investment in passives and item mods, so yes, ST does not proc more often.

Of course, the closer the range and the bigger the crowd, you can actually make ST proc significantly more often than anything, but that effectively requires you to operate at Melee range.
"
Gegemo wrote:
I play EK + arc version

- before patch I played dual wielding, now I'm playing wand + shield. With this second config I have ~91% critical chance + defence stats from shield

Sorry for being a bit of a pain in the ass, but what are the 6 gems you are using on your tabula rasa at the moment? And do you have an estimate on the amount of chaos i need to start using this build aswell?
Would Doryani's Invitation be enough for life leech in this build?
"
xDirtyWorkZ wrote:
"
Gegemo wrote:
I play EK + arc version

Sorry for being a bit of a pain in the ass, but what are the 6 gems you are using on your tabula rasa at the moment? And do you have an estimate on the amount of chaos i need to start using this build aswell?

no problem, I'm happy if my experience could help. At page 117 you can find my tree (slightly different from OP) and items with gems

6L tabula rasa -> barrage + CoC + chain + PCoC + EK + Arc (I'm not using LL)
Last edited by Gegemo on Aug 31, 2014, 8:12:55 PM
Thoughts on using Ball Lightning instead of Arctic Breath?
"
Gegemo wrote:
"
xDirtyWorkZ wrote:
"
Gegemo wrote:
I play EK + arc version

no problem, I'm happy if my experience could help. At page 117 you can find my tree (slightly different from OP) and items with gems

6L tabula rasa -> barrage + CoC + chain + PCoC + EK + Arc (I'm not using LL)

Yeah you've been a great help, think i'll try this build since I always wanted to build a CoC since i started playing this game, but they all seemed so expensive and my laptop is kind of crap. Looks like this build is affordable, doesn't desynch a lot and not too hard to play.
Hey, I want share another option to the build. (EK build)
1. I have played without any reservation mana nodes on my tree. Therefore, no - Ice and Herald of Ash.
2. I prefer not to take Vaal pact. Firstly, I quite easily handle physical reflect maps. Secondly, I even rarely use life leech gem, and use quantity gem instead. Life leech gem is necessary only with very hard maps. It is all about the 3 instant recovery life flasks that are in use with %80 increased life recovery + 20% increased Flask Recovery Speed. So a single flask gives me about 35-40% life and it
recharges quite quickly.
3. I think piercing is rather optional and not that of great difference.
4. I sustain the main attack (Barrage + CoC + Chain + life leech/quantity + PCoC + EK) only by lv 6-7 of clarity on life. That is enough in my opinion.

Result is plenty of points left to try other options or fulfil any weaknesses ( resistances, attack speed, more life etc. )

Base build:
Last edited by emil1979 on Sep 1, 2014, 6:27:48 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info