Barrage Wonder Wanderer – how to DEMOLISH maps (1.3.X)

Yea i'm planning to do that but man i have so little int on the elemental way compared to phys way gonna need quite a bit of int on gear :S

"
Just a clarification...Taking Doom Cast in the tree will not effect the crit chance of barrage, correct? Barrage counts as an attack not a spell so the build does not get much damage increase from increased crit chance on spell nodes/equipment or is it still worth taking for the crit chance on EK?

I went with the physical EK version and I like it. My dps at level 50 isn't great, but I can see when I'm sitting at full stacks late game its going to get much better! This is my first CoC build and I can definitely say it is fun as hell! Thanks for the guide!

Yea taking spell crit on the tree isn't that important i dont think, if you use chain like the guide says you could use it really helps with the CoC and yea from like level 50 to level 60 is a huge difference in crit so you'll find it crit-ing much more often if you can get the 1.5/>10% wands and all the crit nodes

Also LeMing, quick question does jewellry elemental damage like 7-10 fire damage and stuff like that affect elemental CoC?
Last edited by Efeyth on Aug 28, 2014, 4:22:42 PM
Hi OP,

Have you tested the ek version after 1.2? Is it still as good as before? Which version ele/phy is the stand out after patch?

cheers
"
Efeyth wrote:
Also LeMing, quick question does jewellry elemental damage like 7-10 fire damage and stuff like that affect elemental CoC?

No, it is not working.
"
MaxClip wrote:
Hi OP,
Have you tested the ek version after 1.2? Is it still as good as before? Which version ele/phy is the stand out after patch?
cheers

Not yet. I have 5 other chars I wanted to raise after the patch but I will try EK version soon. EK was nerf flat 20% but the tree was heavily buffed with %phys damage so it is worth to test. I bet that it is as powerful as it was :)
ing: Storm_Gaze
I'm actually playing with the EK version slightly modified. I'm level 79 and, due to my young experience, I haven't tried maps over 70.

I enjoyed the previous version and I'm still having fun with the new FM version.

For reference:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAAx4GIwceDkgPqxGWFr8ZihqPHaofQSP2JJ0k_
SaVKaUqCypNLYMvbzB8NZI2PT8nRnFJUUp9SshNkk4qUUdRTFM1VUtW-luvXfJh4mJaYqxjQ2
egaoxsjG6
qb55wUnC7cNV3B31bfXWDCYcTh3aJ04wLjDaNfY_6kAqVLpcGm7Wcp
J2qotmjiqxHsNi1
SLXyuXy748M6xKLIFMp
K037YvdkT3Q3hiOOE51TsGOyw7g7vevDV8-r1b_ba-wn8xf66

Notes:
- I chose the IR path because I ended up having ~300hp more than acrobatics version otherwise I would have chose acrobatics path
- Items are surelly not the best but I feel damage is quite good right now. Fast clearing speed solo and 2 players
- Gems on wand and shield are for levelling (auras used: grace + hatred + clarity)
Why use barrage instead of spectral throw? Is there a huge difference? Spectral throw seems to proc it quite a bit.
"
renroval wrote:
Why use barrage instead of spectral throw? Is there a huge difference? Spectral throw seems to proc it quite a bit.

There are CoC spectral builds, true enough, but
1) You need to work really hard to get the same amount of range for ST, which brings you closer to the enemies;
2) for ST you will need a dagger to get a decent crit rate, and while daggers do get close to wands, they do so at the expense of their implicit mod. On a platinum kris you will get close to 10 crit chance with a good local crit chance mod and 1.5 ApS with a good attack speed mod. An imbued wand does 10 crit chance with a very mediocre crit chance mod, 1.5 attack speed without any attack speed mods and drops 16% increased spell damage on top of that as a bonus. i.e: more DPS.

Now, spectral throw may make up for its lack of aspd in crowded locations by going back and forth and piercing all the time, but you are still effectively losing two mods to achieve roughly the same effect. Two mods which could, in fact, be used to boost your dps even further.

An interesting way to level before you get your hands on appropriate wands is to use quill rain as a coc proc tool. Barrage on quill rain is like shooting a chaingun.
So spectral throw doesn't produce more procs than barrage or does it? I feel like almost all CoC builds that are effective at end game are ST
Oh it doesn't work? But it's supposed to? Or no?

And whoever asked about EK i find it weaker than Elemental. I just made the elemental variation and EK is strong but Elemental is just as strong but better, also the intense amount of colours is awesome LOL. Especially if you run 3 spells (i ran Artic Breath, Fireball, Ice shot) and run PCoC with barrage on another 4L with curse on hit, etc. Gotta get used to it and to deal with elemental i just use the EK version in a 4L LOL and get PCoC through yet again barrage with curse on hit.
"
Efeyth wrote:
Oh it doesn't work? But it's supposed to? Or no?

And whoever asked about EK i find it weaker than Elemental. I just made the elemental variation and EK is strong but Elemental is just as strong but better, also the intense amount of colours is awesome LOL. Especially if you run 3 spells (i ran Artic Breath, Fireball, Ice shot) and run PCoC with barrage on another 4L with curse on hit, etc. Gotta get used to it and to deal with elemental i just use the EK version in a 4L LOL and get PCoC through yet again barrage with curse on hit.

Why Ice Shot? Doesn't that mean you have to use a high physical damage wand?
Using phys EK version and what can I say, awesome build! Can easily pull off and clear insanely fast lvl 73 maps. Haven't tried higher ones yet but I guess it would be just as quick. Just sometimes having some trouble to kill bosses like Merveil because of the low life. Currently have 2.8k life with Clarity aura up.

Here is my gear and current tree if anyone wants to take a look.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYBAx4GIwceCLEOSA-rEZYVIBa_GYofQSSdJpUppSoLKjgqTSpbLOkxnjWSNj0_Jz_8QzZJUUp9SshLV03jTipRTFLsUzVVS1b6W69d8mHiYlpirGNDZ6BqjGyMbWxuqm-ecFJw1XcHeA159n1bfXWDCYcTh3aJ04wLjDaQCpUum7WcpJ2qotmmV6lurEew2LTFtUi18rl8u-PA48LswzrEosgUykrTfti93Q3jhOhm7LDuDu968NXxs_Pq9W_22vsJ_MX-j_66

Gear

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info