Barrage Wonder Wanderer – how to DEMOLISH maps (1.3.X)

Hey there i was just wondering what sort of gear you would suggest to start off with at the moment only level 33
Last edited by Number_B on Jun 14, 2014, 11:00:58 AM
"
Number_B wrote:
Hey there i was just wondering what sort of gear you would suggest to start off with at the moment only level 33

Level with something other than EK. I had good success with Fire Trap, Trap, Searing Bond, and Increased Burning Damage linked in a Searing Touch.
How far did you go with that? and what sort of armor i'm quite new to this
"
Number_B wrote:
How far did you go with that? and what sort of armor i'm quite new to this

Largely speaking, I pieced my build's equipment together from other unused characters I've had in the past. As such, almost all of my gear and gems became useable in the 50-60 range, so I switched at level 60.

If you can switch earlier, give it a shot. Unfortunately, the nature of the build's damage mechanism (high spell cast rate via weapon attack chance and attack speed) doesn't synergize well outside of a CoC context, so I wouldn't be surprised if wasn't effective until higher levels.

I use a Lightning Coil.
Last edited by SilkTopHat on Jun 15, 2014, 12:20:33 AM
Ah okay what should I look for in Armour using traps like you suggested
"
Number_B wrote:
Ah okay what should I look for in Armour using traps like you suggested

It doesn't matter much. Just use something like this:

I linked Fire Trap, Searing Bond, Trap, Increased Burning Damage, and Fireball. It gave a nice selection of traps to use in different situations. (If you have one available, a leveled Empower gem would work far better than an Increased Burning Damage gem here.)

I used whatever armor gave me the most life while keeping my resistances up while leveling.
"
LeMing wrote:
To protect reflect damage use Iron Reflex for armour sufficient for 40-50% physical damage reduction.

I'd disagree with this. Evasion + Phase Acrobatics is far stronger than Iron Reflexes in general, so going IR just to protect yourself against reflects really gimps your survivability, especially since physical damage is what Immortal Call is set up for. I understand you're going for the damage reduction to take advantage of Vaal Pact and just face-tank spam/leech through it, but just paying attention to mob auras and playing smart saves you a ton of points. EK has a short enough range that you usually don't off-screen gib yourself.
"
feyith wrote:
"
LeMing wrote:
To protect reflect damage use Iron Reflex for armour sufficient for 40-50% physical damage reduction.

I'd disagree with this. Evasion + Phase Acrobatics is far stronger than Iron Reflexes in general, so going IR just to protect yourself against reflects really gimps your survivability, especially since physical damage is what Immortal Call is set up for. I understand you're going for the damage reduction to take advantage of Vaal Pact and just face-tank spam/leech through it, but just paying attention to mob auras and playing smart saves you a ton of points. EK has a short enough range that you usually don't off-screen gib yourself.

I agree with you but only partially.
I don’t like to play with “paying attention to mob auras” I just want to kill all mobs as fast as possible. To achieve this the best solution is to spent 11 points to get Vaal Pact and IR. Spending 10 points on Phase Acrobatics will increase survi but not prevent you from 1 hitting yourself and make reflect map mods impossible for you.
I agree that evasion is better for range characters. In elemental version of this build I’m using evasion with Ondar’s guile and survi is better. When I hit 93 level I can even add phase acro.
I disagree with Immortal Call part. Enduring cry will not work with range character - it is very hard to keep endu charges up for immortal call with range.

But overall if someone like to play smart this build can gain a lot from removing VP and replacing PCoC gem with Arc. PCoC can be link with other barrage in 4L with CoC and projectile weakness.
ing: Storm_Gaze
(noob here regarding CoC builds as I just came back after many months off) Why not use arc? instead of arctic breath or fireball, it shock stacks too no? Just wanted to know since it wasn't really covered in the first page. Also would like to know, would tabula be the absolute minimum for this build to work the ele route?
Last edited by nizC on Jun 18, 2014, 2:24:17 PM
Removing hatred aura and running a high level AA would make the EK build almost immune to reflect though I'm still thinking of a way to sustain it
Last edited by Mintz on Jun 19, 2014, 11:55:56 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info