Willemoesium's Righteous Fire Build 20-40k DPS NO Kaoms Heart

Intro
Righteous Fire have gotten some buffs recently, which made me fix my old broken RF marauder. I have come up with this build, which I think is very powerfull. I will love to read your feedback on it :)

I'm no rich guy myself, so I wanted to make a build that I, and most other peaople could do, without having to spend hundreds of exalted on it. This guide is not made to show off my wealth (then it would be significantly shorter ;P), It is made so that ordinary people can do the build and have fun.

I'm not really a fan of just telling the final numbers (DPS, life regen. etc). That is why I share all my calculations with you, so that you can get an idea of why I make the choices I do. I hope you like it :)

Play style
I basicly just run around killing every white mob I meet. Whenever I find magic or rare mobs, I cast Freezing pulse to trigger Elemental Equilibrium, and if I have time, I also cast Elemental Weakness.

The mobs are usually killed so fast that they don't have time to land their first hit. If I should lose some life, I just pup a ruby flask, which makes me heal for over 600 HP per second, which makes lifeflasks useless.

When I cast RF, I swich to Searing touch, cast RF, and then swich back. This increases my DPS a lot. When i wish to turn off RF, I use the life flask that turns off burning.

Videoes:
Here I'm playing through Catacombs very fast:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6fzHL37ZLo&feature=youtu.be
Here I take on Piety:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ds6vmrLHu5g&feature=youtu.be

Gear
Spoiler

Flasks:

Off hand with RF:

Item description
Spoiler

Rise of the Phoenix:
This unique is a must. Without the 8% max fire res, the build simply won't work.

Carcass Jack:
The increased radius of area, is the essential stat of this unique. With this, im able to link RF to concentrated effect, and still have a reasonable AoE. In bonus, it have life and increased area dmg, which is also good for the build.

Geofri's Crest:
In lvl 23, Purity of Fire gives 5% max fire res. I am able to reach this by linking a lvl 20 Purity of fire with at lvl 2 Empower. Empower is increased to lvl 3, and thereby gives 2 lvl to Purity of fire, which also gets 1 lvl from Geofri's, for at total of 3 additional levels.

Searing Touch:
I change to this weapon when I cast RF, as it increases the burn dmg. When RF is cast, i switch back to Rise of the Phoenix.

Divinarius:
I used this before release, as it gave increased AoE. Now when i use Searing Touch, it has no effect, and could be swiched out with anything else

All other gear:
make sure to max out all elemental resistances. in addition to that, focus on life and armor/evasion, and take chaos res when possible.

Skills
Spoiler

RF: RF-Increased AoE-Concentrated effect-Increased burning damage
Elemental Equilibrium trigger: Freezing pulse-GMP-Blood magic-Life leech
Curses: Blood magic-Elemental Weakness-Vulnerability
Teleport: Blood magic-Lightning warp
Auras 1: Reduced mana-Purity of Fire-Empower (In Geofri's crest)
Auras 2: Reduced mana-Vitality-Grace

Bandits
Spoiler

Normal: Oak (40 HP)
Cruel: Kill all (skill point)
Merciless: Kill all (skill point)

Lvl 84 build
Spoiler

Note that this build actally gets more life regen than necessary. This can be helpfull at low levels, were going for more life can be usefull at high levels.
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAdwCcQSzBS0MXxJpFE0XHBcvGNsZLhmFGmwb-iFgJKoksCXfJ9Un7Sj6KaU1kjbFNtg26TwtQKBBh0d-Sn1KyEz_TipQUFRJWGNbr18_YEthIWVNZ6BodG6qcXl07XTxeA1674CkgseDOITZhO-G0Yd2iBuI8YzPlKCYrZ2unrmiAKQZpwipbqvFrFmtSq9stfK3PriTud2-isRYxPbFisauxtjNJtSP2CTaYt0N4urnUudj6-7sVe8O73zvhfAf8i_z3fZI-ej60vzF_go=

Lvl 100 build
Spoiler

This build is what I'm probably going for untill lvl 100. I know that it looks a lot like Oro's build, but that's because it simply is the smartest build if you don't need the extra 1% life regen. (Not saying that my build are bad. My guide just focusing on the gearing)
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAnEEBwSzBS0MXxJpFE0VIBVQFm8XHBcvGNsZLhmFGmwfAiFgJKoksCfVJ-0o-imlKk0s6TGeNZI2xTbYNuk64TwFPC09Xz8nQKBBh0p9SshM_03jTipQUFJTUq9USVXGWGNbr18_YEtnoGh0bBZuqnF5dO108XrvgKSCx4M4g9uG0Yd2iBuI8YzPj0aUoJeVl_SYrZ2unrmf36IAplenCKxZrUqvbLXytz64k7ndxFjE9sWKxq7G2M0mznHPZdDQ1I_YJNpi3Q3jaudS52Pr7uxV7w7vfO-F8B_yL_JF8932SPno-tL8S_zF_gr-jw==

Leveling Guide
Spoiler

Lvl 1-20:
These levels should not be that hard, just find some reasonable 2H, and go mellee.

Lvl 20-40
Here you should try to find a cheap unique 2H that do good damage. I recomend Reaper's Pursuit, which i used to lvl 50-60.

Lvl 40-50
Here your mellee DPS may begin to be very low. Try if something like Ethereal Knieves can do it better.

Lvl 50-65
These levels can really be a pain. Try to get a puplic party or a friend help you leveling, as your own DPS should be very bad at this point.

Lvl 65 build
Now the fun part begins! You can use RF!

Stats
Spoiler

In addition to this, I Have the following stats:
RF area increase: 39% (With Concentrated effect!)
Freezing pulse DPS: 705 (All 5 shots do 3525 DPS)

RF self-damage calculations
Spoiler

Lets take a look on how to survive RF. We start off with my max fire resistance.

Normal cap: 75%
Rise of the Phoenix: 8%
Elemental adaptation: 2%
Lvl 20 Purity of Fire: 4%
28% increased effect of auras: 1% (4%*28%)

Total Fire resistance: 90%

My maximum life is 5097 and my ES is 597. RF burns for 90% of your max life per second, and 70% of your max ES per second. This gives at total dmg per second of:

(5097*90%+597*70%)*(100%-90%) = 500,5 dmg/sec

Now lets take a look at how much life i heal per second.

% regen from tree: 10.2%
% regen from lvl 20 vitality: 1.65%
% regen from 28% increased effect of auras: 0.46% (1.65%*28%)

Total % regen 12.31%

Lets now see how much life I regenerate per second.

5097*12.31% = 627.4 Life/sec

This gives a total of 627.4-500.5 = 126.9 life regen per second with RF on!

With Geofri's Crest, and a lvl 20 Purity of Fire linked to a lvl 2 Empower, I can reach 91% fire res, which increases my life regen to 176.9 life/sec.

RF aura DPS calculations
Spoiler

Now, here comes the fun part of my build. The damage.

RF burns enemies for 50% of your max life and ES per second. RF in my case, is increased by the following increases:

Burn damage: 209%
Fire damage: 56%
Area damage: 20%
Damage over time: 27%
Concentrated effect: 67%

Lets now take a look on the final dps.

(5097+597)*50%*(100%+209%+56%+20%+27%)*(100%+67%) = 19588 DPS

Yes, the area dps of RF is almost 20k, which makes me able to kill most white mobs, just by walking past them.

If I am facing a high HP or resistance mob, i can lower their fire resistance by triggering Elemental equilibrium with Freezing pulse, and use elemental weakness. Lets take a look on the new dps, were we asume that we are facing a mob with 0 fire res.

Elemental equilibrium: 50%
Elemental weakness: 55%

19588*(100%+50%+55%) = 40155 DPS

If thats not enough for me, I can get a +1 curse item, and use vulnerability, which increases damage over time by 40%, to reach 40155*(100%+40%) = 56218 DPS however, I find this unecessery, as I usually don't have time to cast FP and 2 curses.

Kaoms Heart VS. Carcass Jack
Spoiler

Lets look at what chest is the best for the build, Kaoms or Carcass Jack. In my oppinion, it is important to have a good RF radius. This means that if we use Kaoms, we can't use Concentrated effect, and if we use Carcass Jack, we can use Concentrated effect.

Carcass Jack and Concentrated Effect:
We have already found out, that my DPS in this case is 19588 DPS.

Legacy Kaoms without Concentrated effect:
With Legacy Kaoms Heart, I will have about 8180 HP (Normally I have Base life=1554, Life increase=228%). This will make RF do the following damage

(8180+597)*50%*(100%+209%+56%+20%+27%) = 18081 DPS

New Kaoms without Concentrated effect:
With the new Kaoms heart, I will get to around 6540 HP.
Lets look at the damage, when we assume that we have a mid rolled Kaoms with 35% increased fire damage.

(6540+597)*50%*(100%+209%+56%+20%+27%+35%) = 15951 DPS

We can now conclude that the damage with Carcass Jack will be a little higher, were the area is almost unchanged. As expected, the new Kaoms Heart will do the least damage, as the 35% fire damage is very small compared to the 500 les base life. All in all, Carcass Jack is in my oppinion the best choice, as it is by far the cheapest of the 3.

Searing Touch VS. Dual Redbeak
Spoiler

Searing Touch
We already know that the damage while using Searing Touch is 19588 DPS.

Dual Redbeak
In this case we will get 200% increased damage from the 2 Redbeaks. In return, we will lose the 70% increased burn dmg and the 32% increased fire dmg, and we will also lose 2% increased burn dmg from "Increased Burnd Damage" as it does not get the +2 levels from searing Touch. Lets calculate the DPS.

(5097+597)*50%*(100%+137%+24%+20%+27%+200%)*(100%+67%) = 24248 DPS

So with redbeak I almost gain 5k DPS, but as long as I clear as fast as I do, it's not worth the setup. So I'm going to stick to Searing Touch, however that may change sometime :)

Pros/Cons
Spoiler

Pros:
High HP
Insane DPS
I don't have to stop to do damage, which makes a very good clear speed
The build do not rely on Kaoms Heart, which makes it fairly cheap
It is, and looks awesome!

Cons:
There is a lot of map mods the build can not do
It is a little vulnerable to some curses
It cannot deal damage to totems

The poor mans build
Spoiler

This section is for those who want to play RF, but are wery low at currency.

To begin with, Rise of the Phoenix is a must. It costs 10 to 20 chaos. You may be able to get it cheaper if you make a good deal.

Purity of fire and Vitality is also essential parts of the build. You can get both from quest reward, and level them yourself, which makes this part completely free.

Another core in the build is Carcass Jack. You can do without, but I highly recomend it, if you can effort it. It costs around 10-20 chaos too.

Asside from that, use your self-found gear. Use the ones with high life and resistances, maybe try to alc some 4L and see what you get.

All in all, I think this build can be done for 1-2 exalted worth of currency, and still be very powerfull. Good luck :)
Last edited by Willemoesium on Dec 25, 2013, 4:25:14 AM
If you not low on dexterity you can spec out of Thick Skin (5 nodes to get there).
You will lost:

20 dex
34% life

With this nodes get:

1. Holy strength and Path of the Warrior: net result -20 dex, -2% life, +20 base life, +3 effect of auras on you, + 40 str,
2. Holy strength and Purity of flesh: net result -20 dex, +20 int, +3 effect of auras on you, + 20 str, +6% chaos res.
IGN: Sociopathy
please dont use Empower with a aura it has a mana multiplier and it is stupid

My Gear:
Spoiler
Diablo II Fanboy
"
If you not low on dexterity you can spec out of Thick Skin (5 nodes to get there).
You will lost:

20 dex
34% life

With this nodes get:

1. Holy strength and Path of the Warrior: net result -20 dex, -2% life, +20 base life, +3 effect of auras on you, + 40 str,
2. Holy strength and Purity of flesh: net result -20 dex, +20 int, +3 effect of auras on you, + 20 str, +6% chaos res.

Thank you for your reply. I have thought about purity of flesh, however I need to have the 152 dex to run lvl 20 Grace. But thanks again for sharing your thoughts :)

"
Xheos wrote:

The Trick is, that Purity of Fire gives 5% max fire res at lvl23, which is only posible to reach with empower. The multiplier isn't that much of a problem though. I reserve almost 100% mana, so I would not be able to use another aura anyway. But thank you for sharing your thoughts :)
Last edited by Willemoesium on Dec 20, 2013, 11:25:52 AM
"
Xheos wrote:

You are not a smart man, are you?

"
Willemoesium wrote:
The Trick is, that Purity of Fire gives 5% max fire res at lvl23, which is only posible to reach with empower.

This is false
FFA loot is awesome, keep up the good work GGG!

~~IGN = KittiesYayPuppiesYay
Last edited by Moasseman on Dec 20, 2013, 12:08:48 PM
"
Moasseman wrote:
"
Willemoesium wrote:
The Trick is, that Purity of Fire gives 5% max fire res at lvl23, which is only posible to reach with empower.

This is false

Sorry, I did not think of the fact that a 1h weapon can have both +1 to gems, and +2 to fire gems.
Last edited by Willemoesium on Dec 20, 2013, 12:29:14 PM
Why wouldn't you run alpha's howl with a level 2 empower instead of geofri's? Same result but some additional benefits. Unless you need those resistances that much.
"
grandanes wrote:
Why wouldn't you run alpha's howl with a level 2 empower instead of geofri's? Same result but some additional benefits. Unless you need those resistances that much.

Apha's Howl is much more expencive than geofri's, and Geofri's resistances are very nice :) As well as making the build strong, I also focus on making it cheap and accesable for most players. That's why :)
The only way you'd be able to get a level 23 purity of fire without empower is with a weapon, which means you would have to cast the aura after weapon swap from searing touch.

Would work, but annoying and more expensive:

You could also use Alpha's howl + empower, but good luck getting the red sockets you need, RRRG might be possible, you use grace too right?

I should calculate the dps of my RF, I mainly use it just to buff EK damage, but it does burn enemies quite nicely too.
IGN: MrG.
Build Videos & Item Testing: www.youtube.com/user/MrGxyz/videos
Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/mr_g__
You can easily get 5% max fire res from purity of fire, by getting 25% aura effectiveness from passives (e.g. sovereignty, influence nodes) and boosting up the 4% at lvl 20 gem to 5%.
[Hardcore league]
IGN: Jeria / Metalgrid

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info