The Frozen Dagger (ST/CoC - Self found, noob friendly) [Gameplay Videos]

I'm having mana Problems and can't really survive merc Act 1

Heres my Gear.

"
Reloads wrote:

Where are you at in the tree?

Mana issues - Unless you have gotten a good chunk of mana passives already then you will have to do 1 of 2 things. Either find more mana on your gear or run a surgeon's mana flask. I ran a mana flask for a long time. It wasn't until maps that I got to the point where I could sustain the mana to go flaskless. And even then my Ambush char is still using mana flasks since I have been unable to get good gear with good mana on it.

Survivability - A few possibilities.
1)Your flasks have the wrong mod. Avengers does nothing for us. You want surgeons so the are always full. Being able to keep your flasks up is a huge part of this build.
2)Act 1 can be difficult, when your level appropriate for the content, since almost everything is cold res. Freezing things is one of he main sources of survivability for us. If you aren't freezing things consistently then things get difficult.
3) Your only running 1 aura. That wont do. We depend on our auras for much since our tree is full of offense.

Possible Fixes -
Change up your flasks to 1 health, 1 Jade, 1 Speed, 1 Granite, 1 Mana. Make sure they are rolled surgeons.
Run Grace and/or Discipline with your Purity of Elements.
Possibly run Frostbite for high coldres mosters in act 1.
Check out my Frozen Dagger build in the Shadow forums!!
Last edited by Juggla1570 on Mar 19, 2014, 9:57:53 AM
Alright I will try and see how that goes.
"
Juggla1570 wrote:
"
Reloads wrote:

Where are you at in the tree?

Mana issues - Unless you have gotten a good chunk of mana passives already then you will have to do 1 of 2 things. Either find more mana on your gear or run a surgeon's mana flask. I ran a mana flask for a long time. It wasn't until maps that I got to the point where I could sustain the mana to go flaskless. And even then my Ambush char is still using mana flasks since I have been unable to get good gear with good mana on it.

Survivability - A few possibilities.
1)Your flasks have the wrong mod. Avengers does nothing for us. You want surgeons so the are always full. Being able to keep your flasks up is a huge part of this build.
2)Act 1 can be difficult, when your level appropriate for the content, since almost everything is cold res. Freezing things is one of he main sources of survivability for us. If you aren't freezing things consistently then things get difficult.
3) Your only running 1 aura. That wont do. We depend on our auras for much since our tree is full of offense.

Possible Fixes -
Change up your flasks to 1 health, 1 Jade, 1 Speed, 1 Granite, 1 Mana. Make sure they are rolled surgeons.
Run Grace and/or Discipline with your Purity of Elements.
Possibly run Frostbite for high coldres mosters in act 1.

Well that fixed all my problems for now. Thanks a ton. Love the build fits my play style way more than the builds where you tank so much you can go get a taco and come back and be alive.
What gear should you try to aim for when you get a good amount of currency? I just got to 70 and I am doing really good other than that I need some more Crit Chance and Evasion Chance.

Thank you for your answer.
"
Burniing wrote:
What gear should you try to aim for when you get a good amount of currency? I just got to 70 and I am doing really good other than that I need some more Crit Chance and Evasion Chance.

Thank you for your answer.

Honestly, most of the unique gear isn't suited for this build. I mean there's nothing wrong with a Rats Nest or Mali's gloves. But you'd be better of with high life and res on Eva/ES gear. The best thing you could spend your currency on is a 6l Voll's Chest. Outside of that the only thing I would suggest looking into would be a Voll's Amulet.

The biggest thing to make sure of is to get accuracy, mana and mana regen mods on a few pieces. And try to get some good defensive gloves that also have attack speed.

Well alright then, thank you!! :)
hey man - very cool build. I was an absolute noob when I started using your build - was my first and only character. So thanks a million for your build it works like a charm.

I did do some stuff different on the tree though. Mostly because my friends said I need more HP blah blah.

So the main difference is that I haven't gone upto the Witch section (I think the witch section is the part with all the flask nodes etc) - I went to the IR node, and used that for a bit. I then decided to switch that one off again, because I was dying so quickly even with 8000+ armor.

This is my passive tree if you would like to check it out - I did many of your suggested options: link. I took a more defensive strat, and it really helps for survivability.

My only issue at the moment is my Crit Multiplier, mine is currently at: 218% - but if you checked my tree, I still have to get the Throatseeker node - that should push me upto +- 316%. I've been trolling poe.xyz for an amulet similar to yours and it seems people are holding onto those.

W.R.T 6L Voll's its excellent - I use a life leech gem for the mere fact that when I 1-vs-1 a strong monster that does huge damage, I gain more health with a life leech. I was using a LGoH gem for a really long time - and changed this for the same reason as the HP stuff above.

So yes basically wanted to say thanks a million man :) GL and happy hunting.

Regards,
FluffyNoObY
"
FluffyNoOb wrote:
hey man - very cool build. I was an absolute noob when I started using your build - was my first and only character. So thanks a million for your build it works like a charm.

Spoiler
I did do some stuff different on the tree though. Mostly because my friends said I need more HP blah blah.

So the main difference is that I haven't gone upto the Witch section (I think the witch section is the part with all the flask nodes etc) - I went to the IR node, and used that for a bit. I then decided to switch that one off again, because I was dying so quickly even with 8000+ armor.

This is my passive tree if you would like to check it out - I did many of your suggested options: link. I took a more defensive strat, and it really helps for survivability.

My only issue at the moment is my Crit Multiplier, mine is currently at: 218% - but if you checked my tree, I still have to get the Throatseeker node - that should push me upto +- 316%. I've been trolling poe.xyz for an amulet similar to yours and it seems people are holding onto those.

W.R.T 6L Voll's its excellent - I use a life leech gem for the mere fact that when I 1-vs-1 a strong monster that does huge damage, I gain more health with a life leech. I was using a LGoH gem for a really long time - and changed this for the same reason as the HP stuff above.

So yes basically wanted to say thanks a million man :) GL and happy hunting.

Regards,
FluffyNoObY

I'm thrilled you are enjoying yourself.

As far as the 'survivability' aspect based on HP... Tell your friends to think outside the box. Most people overlook the fact that you can have 100% uptime on defensive flasks with this build. Imagine 50%+ armour, 50%+ evasion, +10% max res of your choosing, and a health pot always rolling. Couple that with 3k+ hp/es and you have 1 tanky toon. And that's just with avg gear. That is not to say that building for more HP is wrong. And it's more likely to suit a new player since it allows for more mistakes and does not require tracking your buffs.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info