The Frozen Dagger (ST/CoC - Self found, noob friendly) [Gameplay Videos]

Thank you for guide
Hmm, got to 65 pretty fast. I fully agree with your philosophy that this is a low-cost build (for 1 ex you can get up and running very smoothly).

Facing an abrupt slowdown now. the mana return is falling off but still manageable with flasking. I even run Wrath for the chance to shock.

The real problem though -- unreliable life leech. I'm running full resists with 2.1k HP (will end with >3k) and went Iron Reflexes (far more reliable imo - 30% dmg reduction vs 30% dodge, the % reduction wins out, math has been done -- PLUS your flask effect isn't nerfed.)

I can still clear maps with ease, but it's not as fluid as it was in the 50s - early 60s, because as opposed to physical leech builds which scale well and have 100% uptime, this one occurs in bursts and scales down as mob HP increases.

Stats at a glance:

(with no power / endurance / frenzy charges)

75.9% MH crit / 69.6% offhand crit
Very low APS (~1.5)
91% hit chance
639% crit multiplier

Spell:
~57% crit chance
699% crit multiplier

Currently running ST-GMP-CoC + Ice Spear + Ice Spear + Cold Penetration (I would add a third Spear, but can't roll GGGBBB).

Maybe I should get the insta-heal + surgeon's life flask?

💥💫BB Unloader 1000% AoE 70m DPS🗡️🔪🔫: view-thread/3466787
FlickerCoC Ice Nova / Spear Assassin: view-thread/3225536
🔨⚡CWC Lightning Conduit Mjolner Trickster: view-thread/3300148
VD Arcanist Brand Necro: view-thread/2911667
Oh, just saw that you run mana regen gear as opposed to relying on Berek. Berek really seems to synergize with this build really well. I could run clarity + mana regen items instead I guess, freeing up Berek's for a better ring. Hmm.

EDIT: I can't give up Berek's. The leech from the ring is what keeps me topped off. I don't see another substitute for sustain :/
Last edited by primaeva on Dec 31, 2013, 4:30:08 AM
"
primaeva wrote:
Hmm, got to 65 pretty fast. I fully agree with your philosophy that this is a low-cost build (for 1 ex you can get up and running very smoothly).

Facing an abrupt slowdown now. the mana return is falling off but still manageable with flasking. I even run Wrath for the chance to shock.

The real problem though -- unreliable life leech. I'm running full resists with 2.1k HP (will end with >3k) and went Iron Reflexes (far more reliable imo - 30% dmg reduction vs 30% dodge, the % reduction wins out, math has been done -- PLUS your flask effect isn't nerfed.)

I can still clear maps with ease, but it's not as fluid as it was in the 50s - early 60s, because as opposed to physical leech builds which scale well and have 100% uptime, this one occurs in bursts and scales down as mob HP increases.

Stats at a glance:

(with no power / endurance / frenzy charges)

75.9% MH crit / 69.6% offhand crit
Very low APS (~1.5)
91% hit chance
639% crit multiplier

Spell:
~57% crit chance
699% crit multiplier

Currently running ST-GMP-CoC + Ice Spear + Ice Spear + Cold Penetration (I would add a third Spear, but can't roll GGGBBB).

Maybe I should get the insta-heal + surgeon's life flask?

Well, of the two biggest problems you metions, I can tell you how to fix one of them and only speculate on the other.
1) Mana issues - your running GMP which is going to suck your mana. If GMP is your prerogative then that is fine. But you will have to run extra leech and/or flasks to compensate. I specifically state why I prefer LMP in the main post, mana being one of those reasons ;)

2) Reliable Leech - This is a no leech build. You rely on the ability to avoid dmg and suck down life flasks endlessly. If you choose to go armour over evasion you will get hit WAY more often and have to use more flasks. I also have to comment about "the math has been done". You can only do math based on standing there and getting hit. This is not a face tanking build. It relies on your avoiding dmg. This includes jumping around the screen like a pinball almost at all times, and kiting your enemies to the best of your abilities. It also, means you have to deal with certain mechanics decisively. Such as singling out reflect and pulling others away from it. And jumping to a thorns caster and bursting them down and then getting out of the fray alive.
If you do choose to go armour, via IR, you will still have to avoid dmg as much as possible. And I would run 1 Surgeon's Sanc, with w/e mod you want, and 1 Panicked Hallowed of Refiling/Sipping.

I also have to ask what this means "PLUS your flask effect isn't nerfed"?? I don't run Acro ....
Check out my Frozen Dagger build in the Shadow forums!!
Last edited by Juggla1570 on Dec 31, 2013, 11:47:24 AM
Im level 26 now and its so easy to play, sure ill die rly fast but the dmg is high and make much fun :) Thank u for the Guid and Happy new Year @all...
"
docbob1 wrote:
Im level 26 now and its so easy to play, sure ill die rly fast but the dmg is high and make much fun :) Thank u for the Guid and Happy new Year @all...

Once you get a chunk of crit and begin to freeze things consistently your survivability makes a HUGE jump.
I'm doing something very similar with a 6L Voll's. Running with FP and discharge on my CoC. Ice spear sounds like a winner too!

Taking the two +1 power charges in the tree and the +1 power charge from the bandit, discharge goes boom for tons of damage!

Your thread gave me a lot of ideas on my passive tree. Get ES!
Hmm, I fixed the mana problem with a surgeon's flask, now just down to boss-killing ability. Maybe I could even carry around another 6L for 1v1 fights (Frenzy + Multistrike + PCoC + Discharge + Faster Attacks + Life Leech? Something to that flavour.)

Have you got any ideas for solid single target 4L? I run a Dual Strike + Multistrike + Increased Critical Damage + Faster Attacks, which is 10k dps and impressive considering I have almost 0 physical mods. I'll try Frenzy + PCoC + Discharge + Multistrike and let you know that goes.
"
primaeva wrote:
Hmm, I fixed the mana problem with a surgeon's flask, now just down to boss-killing ability. Maybe I could even carry around another 6L for 1v1 fights (Frenzy + Multistrike + PCoC + Discharge + Faster Attacks + Life Leech? Something to that flavour.)

Have you got any ideas for solid single target 4L? I run a Dual Strike + Multistrike + Increased Critical Damage + Faster Attacks, which is 10k dps and impressive considering I have almost 0 physical mods. I'll try Frenzy + PCoC + Discharge + Multistrike and let you know that goes.

Honestly I typically do bosses with my ST while kiting with Whirling Blades. I don't have the stats to face tank most of them. Also note that MOST map bosses have large groups with them making them very easy to nuke down with ST/CoC. Also note that I use LMP and you use GMP. Which means my single target dps is signifivantly higher than yours. But for straight up 1v1, with 4l, I still feel like Double Strike+CoC+Dischage+EK has the most dmg output potential. Now I say that with vry low DPS on my wpns. It may differ if you have some amazing dps on yours.

If your going to try frenzy I might suggest having a pair of
to use as well, obviously with different gems ;). They make a huge diff. I know it nerfs your speed throughout the fight a bit. But the dmg increase at low health more than makes up for it.
Last edited by Juggla1570 on Jan 2, 2014, 11:36:41 AM
Added a New Video showing Elemental Equilibrium and an Ele Reflect Pack.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info