[1.14B HC/Nemesis] Ninja Crit Caster (5x11.6k FP DPS) [Videos]

"
Velkor wrote:

Ouch, only 5 chaos ? I think I paid mine 3 exalted in Standard. I knew the price was higher in Standard, but didn't think the difference was that big.

Wow, I can make a fortune buying Berek's Grips in Nemesis and bringing it to standard and selling it for 3 ex then!

"
SigmaBlack wrote:
Hello there.

I'm really not used at all to following guides nor even look at them (I am a hard-headed stubborn that likes to play his own way)... but as stubborn as I am, I also like to see once in a while really good stuff like this. I love the FP Crit Caster, and yours is trully an amazing one :)

Past all that, I do have a couple of questions regarding the mechanics of the build, as I also run a FP Crit Caster (only thing I do it in Standard) but obviously not as succesful as yours. If you could try and answer them I would be much in debt and grateful with you.

Here they go:

1) I noted that your FP gem is not linked to any sort of support to the likes of Crit Chance, Crit Dmg (although your latest version does include it), Faster Proj, Faster Casting, etc. Is adding the "Added (Elm of choice) Dmg" gems the only way to improve the consistent flat dmg of the skill right now? Why not use Faster Casting? On the same matter, I suppose that your Crit Chance is sustained by the Power Charges, being that I do not see any support gems of those (except on Fire Trap).

2) Also noticed that you don't run any sort of auras whatsoever. HOW!? HOW DO YOU DO IT!? T_T I HAVE (it is imperative) to run Clarity lvl 17 to have the likes of 1xx mana regen/sec. I also run Haste for the Cast Speed (and in other minor way, for the Move Speed).

3) ALWAYS, ALWAYS regarded Arctic Armour as "a piece of sh*t". Never liked it, nor did I understand it; How useful could a skill be if it drained 30 mana/sec while moving, and that number only got higher and higher once you level it (reaching an ASTOUNDING 191.4 mana drained/sec while moving)?

4) Are Freeze Mine, Fire Trap and Lightning Warp ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY for the build? Couldn't you go with just the FP part? Explain it to me like I was a five-year-old please, just so I can get and understand it.

5) Why don't you use one dagger or even a dual dagger? Being that they increase your Crit Chance for a more than reasonable amount, it seems curious. The same with the curse: why not Critical Weakness? Explain it to me like I was a five-year-old please, just so I can get and understand it.

Aaaaaand... I think that's all, at least now. xD

Congratulations on your imagination and understanding on build-crafting, they're just insane and really pleasing to watch :)

Salutes!

Thank you very much for the kind words Sigma! I'll try to answer as best as I can :)

1) Yup, my FP gem is not linked to the likes of incr. crit supports. I did experiment with incr. critical damage as a support, but even though it gave a higher tooltip DPS, I quickly realised during gameplay that added lightning damage was superior, simply because of the ability to shock stack mobs as well as the more consistent damage output in between crits.

For instance, assuming that mob resists are at 0 (without using curse),

GMP-ed FP with incr. crit damage = 5 x 8.7k = 43.5k DPS
GMP-ed FP with added lightning damage, although only at 5 x 7.4k, doesn't include shock stacks. If we do include the bonus from shock (which increases damage received by defender by 30% per stack), we get a more accurate DPS figure of around 7.4k + 7.4k(1.3) + 7.4k(1.6) + 7.4k(1.9) + 7.4k(1.9) = 56980 DPS

Granted, this above DPS figure may not be totally accurate, but the difference is noticeable against whites/blues/rares in maps. Against bosses, depending on their resists, you may or may not be able to shock them, so the DPS may be inferior to incr. crit damage when you don't.

"
Is adding the "Added (Elm of choice) Dmg" gems the only way to improve the consistent flat dmg of the skill right now?

As of right now, Yes. Before the recent buffs, incr. crit damage for instance used to improve FP's DPS as compared to the added damage supports such as added chaos. However, after the buff, added chaos improves the DPS much more significantly compared to incr. crit damage.

I use the incr. crit supports for Fire Trap because the only way to make Fire Trap good (if you're not a fire-based/burning-based build) is to ensure that it crits as often as possible and does as much damage as possible when it does crit, such that both the initial burst damage as well as the subsequent burning damage (4/3 of initial burst damage, and which is further amplified by the incr. burning damage support) when the trap crits is enough to deal a substantial amount of damage to bosses. Fire Trap is my favoured skill of choice against bosses when they're too dangerous to facetank with FP. (For instance, in the video versus merciless dominus at around 0:58, you will notice that he had about 15% of HP left, and was about to do his touch of god move (which I wouldn't advise facetanking). Two of my fire traps (from the sound, at least one of them had crit) quickly brought him down to 0%. That's how massice the damage is.

I did consider Faster Casting, but although it improves the tooltip DPS, it doesn't improve the damage per cast, and consumes much more mana per second. Hence, in actual gameplay, it doesn't really help that much if your build relies on mana regen rather than mana leech.

2) I actually do run Clarity! Level 20 Clarity to be exact. It's probably because my mana pool is so large that you didn't really notice the reservation. It is however the only aura that I run. Reason is that my mana pool (because I'm MoM), acts as a damage buffer, hence I prefer not to run extra auras in favour of survivability. This is a personal choice however and you guys may prefer to run Haste, for instance. One of the reasons I don't bother with Haste is because this character has enough chaos resists to run Blood Rage easily, which already grants 3 frenzy charges and an additional 15% cast speed (which is almost similar to Haste, except without the need for mana reservation).

3)My mana regen is about 257/s I think. Can't remember, but should be in the defensive stats. Hence I can run AA easily and still regen some mana. I never did think highly of it before, until I decided to use it for the first time in this char, and got hooked. It helps gameplay and survivability alot by:

1. Improving damage mitigation - As an acrobatics/pure evasion build, endurance charges and AA are the only way of mitigating physical damage when you do get hit. The fire-breathing dogs, even the Harbinger in the Cells Map after the recent buff still do no damage to me.

2. CC - You're a caster, not a melee. Its always better to avoid getting hit rather than taking damage. AA, because of the trail of ice it leaves behind you, slows down mobs chasing you, allowing you to kite more effectively: run, pause, cast FP/throw fire trap, repeat.

4) Fire Trap and Lightning Warp I would consider mandatory. The former because of the damage, with the reasons explained above, and the latter because of mobility around the battlefield (it's faster than walking!). Freeze Mine, although not necessary, can come in extremely useful in certain situations, not to mention it fits in with the whole idea of my having made this build in the first place - ice-based/freezing/avoid getting hit. I could go with just FP, but me being me I get extremely bored spamming just one ability all the time, thus I like to rotate my skills. It makes for more fun gameplay that way!

5) Crit chance, although nice to have, is only great if you have a high crit multiplier and a high enough base spell damage from which to multiply damage from (if you crit). In that sense, for my build, having an implicit of 18% spell damage is preferable to 80% global crit chance. If I were to invest in more crit multiplier nodes, the dagger implicit may indeed prove to be better than the wand implicit, but not by much. In addition, a huge downside to daggers are that they cannot have cast speed. In terms of dual-wielding daggers, I find the added survivability given by a shield (block chance, +life, +ES) way better than dual-wielding weapons. Not to mention the fact that shields can also have spell damage and crit chance for spells mods!

Hope that helped! :)
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
Last edited by Invalesco on Jan 11, 2014, 3:41:35 PM
I'm... astounded. No, really; I DO now understand some of the things that caused me trouble before asking. So much more clear now.

Just... wow.

Thanks, really really thanks :)

Just one or two more questions about what you answered (and other things too):

1) Being that you already count with a substancial flat dmg provided by the "Added Elm Dmg" supports, why don't really try with extensive Crit Chance from a Dagger? Add the Crit Multiplier and/or Critical Weakness and voilà! Just in spite of seeing what it could achieve, being that you can manage OH SO WELL with your resources :)

2) Have you considered adding Culling Strike to the mix? I had a ton of luck and something dropped me a 19% Culling Strike when I was a low-lvl, and as of now, at gem lvl 17, it has +21% Dmg, +7% Cast-Atk Speed and the well-known fatal strike to mobs with 10% or less HP.

3) Taryn's Shiver. Why? Why not? It IS a good item; even I can recognize that xD

And... I don't know... I have a sort-of request (think it can be considered like that), but I feel ashamed to be asking this given that I can't give you anything in return if it would be fulfilled:

I would want to see one of your masterful (does the word even exist?) builds centering on the skill Arc, with the obligatory incorporation of the Chain support.

I don't want to appear as an ungrateful b*stard, so if you wanted, you could consider it some sort of "IF future special project", in case you don't have anything to do ^^u

Again, so many thanks for everything :)

Have fun!
"
SigmaBlack wrote:
I'm... astounded. No, really; I DO now understand some of the things that caused me trouble before asking. So much more clear now.

Just... wow.

Thanks, really really thanks :)

Just one or two more questions about what you answered (and other things too):

1) Being that you already count with a substancial flat dmg provided by the "Added Elm Dmg" supports, why don't really try with extensive Crit Chance from a Dagger? Add the Crit Multiplier and/or Critical Weakness and voilà! Just in spite of seeing what it could achieve, being that you can manage OH SO WELL with your resources :)

2) Have you considered adding Culling Strike to the mix? I had a ton of luck and something dropped me a 19% Culling Strike when I was a low-lvl, and as of now, at gem lvl 17, it has +21% Dmg, +7% Cast-Atk Speed and the well-known fatal strike to mobs with 10% or less HP.

3) Taryn's Shiver. Why? Why not? It IS a good item; even I can recognize that xD

And... I don't know... I have a sort-of request (think it can be considered like that), but I feel ashamed to be asking this given that I can't give you anything in return if it would be fulfilled:

I would want to see one of your masterful (does the word even exist?) builds centering on the skill Arc, with the obligatory incorporation of the Chain support.

I don't want to appear as an ungrateful b*stard, so if you wanted, you could consider it some sort of "IF future special project", in case you don't have anything to do ^^u

Again, so many thanks for everything :)

Have fun!

you're welcome!

Well, I'm not an SC player, so I don't really have that much wealth in SC :p

1) Nah I wouldn't try with a dagger. It definitely would not outdps my wand, i'm 100% sure of that. Critical Weakness is a nice curse and would help in solo play, but I tend to prefer ele weakness as it's helpful in groups as well.

2) Culling strike is nice but there are better supports for FP. Plus, the main bonus of culling strike, which is the ability to kill mobs when they're at 10% HP becomes irrelevant anyway when you two-shot them!

3) Taryn's is nice, but it isn't a BIS item. It only works with Kaoms, simply because you need the 6L. For a crit based build, taryn's will never outdps a good wand + shield, not to mention the loss of survivability.

Perhaps in the future ;) Not now though - no time!
Build of the Week 14
bought an ammy upgrade and updated some stats.
Build of the Week 14
I took a long break from poe and received a free respec for my kripparian freeze pulse shadow,after i came back i respecced everything except 11 points before i realized that i wanted to switch up my build. Here is a link to my current tree http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAAP0C_gSzDH0OSBB_EZYUTRSwFecWbxa_F1AZhRo4GmwkPCSqJ6kpTy9vNuk6MDrYQsNJUUwtTdhVxlptXfJh4mKscFJwu3DVc7N-WX_GgW-CHoKbh9uIQow2jHaOZI9GkFWboZ2jnaqdrp48ogCnCKdcp4SsmLb6uJPAGsBRwcXGns9l0NDVT9ad2RPa3d5334TjauOE5CLsOPAf8GvyHfPq96b31_yr

I was wondering if it is at all salvageable without having to buy 40 regrets or so.
Thanks in advance.
"
blindhoff wrote:
I took a long break from poe and received a free respec for my kripparian freeze pulse shadow,after i came back i respecced everything except 11 points before i realized that i wanted to switch up my build. Here is a link to my current tree http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAAP0C_gSzDH0OSBB_EZYUTRSwFecWbxa_F1AZhRo4GmwkPCSqJ6kpTy9vNuk6MDrYQsNJUUwtTdhVxlptXfJh4mKscFJwu3DVc7N-WX_GgW-CHoKbh9uIQow2jHaOZI9GkFWboZ2jnaqdrp48ogCnCKdcp4SsmLb6uJPAGsBRwcXGns9l0NDVT9ad2RPa3d5334TjauOE5CLsOPAf8GvyHfPq96b31_yr

I was wondering if it is at all salvageable without having to buy 40 regrets or so.
Thanks in advance.

It's salvageable. You can still grab EB if you want to, and if you want to get MoM, you can get the cloak of defiance unique. The only thing you'll miss out on is acro and a bunch of crit nodes at the ranger area but that's fine. Just grab the crit nodes in the templar area instead.
Build of the Week 14
OH. MY. GOD.

I just reached past 4k DPS with 4 Power Charges (thanks to your advices, obviously)... and you come and post a screen of your FP doing almost 11k dmg with Critical Multiplier. I hate you T_T (in a good way xD)

Awesome progress; love seeing a Shadow this good :D

Just a couple more questions (hope it is ok ^^u):

1) (Bear in mind that I ask for Softcore) Is this build doable almost without any HP nodes whatsoever? Only relying on Ev (only that with a higher rate than yours), Dodge, MoM and the triggered skills of choice. If you ask "How?", with something like this -> http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYB3nfVTxXn8Gtzs4w2UEItRxzc8XZ_xi-dFvMmPKKjwfOCHtsLiELyHW0ZLR9Ms1Aw217r5F8qj6ZEq1WuLJyOvhEtfIPN-riTMtFFR7UE5CKOZPemtvopT4V9gptdxkbX3fNgbaIuXfJw1XBS8-rAUeOEY0Py4cLstMUrCsEA2xoQe_VLvjoWv4fbYeLrY5matvcRLwW11CPdqMaiMHFLeDpCjb9RRzB8fyvWijMM_isZ1f_ezero1psmMgGyGc96o4oF-ZcGxKK74_66FfDnVNUAEZado_yrjjwXVCKB

2) How do you stand at 2.xx casts/sec without any Cast Speed nodes or supports? I know that Blood Rage does it's part, but even with that, it shouldn't go that high with only a +12% from the 3 charges. Does the Cast Speed of your gear really get it up that high?

3) Marylene's Falacy, Atziri's Foible, Voidbringer, Maligaro's Virtuosity, Rathpith Globe, Divinarius. I know, I know: "Who am I to be considering things that you surelly have already considered?". But, I don't know, I do see them as possible good items for the set, at least now. If you would be so kind to explain, maybe I would consider it better and see why they are/aren't ^^u.

Keep up the beautifulness ;)

Salutes!
Last edited by SigmaBlack on Jan 14, 2014, 8:59:24 PM
"
SigmaBlack wrote:
OH. MY. GOD.

I just reached past 4k DPS with 4 Power Charges (thanks to your advices, obviously)... and you come and post a screen of your FP doing almost 11k dmg with Critical Multiplier. I hate you T_T (in a good way xD)

Awesome progress; love seeing a Shadow this good :D

Just a couple more questions (hope it is ok ^^u):

1) (Bear in mind that I ask for Softcore) Is this build doable almost without any HP nodes whatsoever? Only relying on Ev (only that with a higher rate than yours), Dodge, MoM and the triggered skills of choice.

It depends on what you mean by 'doable'. I would say no it isn't, because you'll find it tough to even get beyond cruel with no damage buffer whatsoever. One hit = KO.

"
2) How do you stand at 2.xx casts/sec without any Cast Speed nodes or supports? I know that Blood Rage does it's part, but even with that, it shouldn't go that high with only a +12% from the 3 charges. Does the Cast Speed of your gear really get it up that high?

From the screenshots, you can see that my cast speed is at 73%

Break down as follows:
Tree = 9% (Starting nodes) + 3% (Coordination)
20q GMP = 10%
Void Battery Wand = 20%
Amulet = 10%
Ring = 6%
3 Frenzy Charges = 15%

Total = 73%

"
3) Marylene's Falacy, Atziri's Foible, Voidbringer, Maligaro's Virtuosity, Rathpith Globe, Divinarius. I know, I know: "Who am I to be considering things that you surelly have already considered?". But, I don't know, I do see them as possible good items for the set, at least now. If you would be so kind to explain, maybe I would consider it better and see why they are/aren't ^^u.

Keep up the beautifulness ;)

Salutes!

First of all, I prefer survivability (life, resists, mana regen), and none of those uniques provide as much survivability as a well-rolled rare.

Marylene's Fallacy - Higher crit multi = higher chance of killing yourself on reflect when you do crit, not to mention much less damage on non-crits.

Atziri's Foible - great for leveling, unnecessary later on

Voidbringer - Wasted ES on kill stat, incr. mana cost = unsustainable mana

Maligaro's - Nice DPS increase, but nah I prefer survivability

Rathpith - %increased max life doesn't scale as well as +flat life. Spell block is meh when not investing in block nodes

Divinarius - It is for AOE-based builds. Mine isn't. Void or a rare wand will increase DPS far more.
Build of the Week 14
When soloing what curse would your recommend? Frostbite or crit weakness
cool char, i like it
IGN: Perz | Reaver: view-thread/523959 | Wander: view-thread/742525 | Cycloner: view-thread/804489

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info