[1.14B HC/Nemesis] Ninja Crit Caster (5x11.6k FP DPS) [Videos]

Just some calculations regarding freeze mine if anyone's interested:

A Level 22 Freeze Mine deals 197-296 damage (ave 246 cold damage or so) and freezes enemies as though dealing 410% more damage. With my passives and gear this freeze damage equates to 4335 cold damage.

Before 1.0.5, it dealt 3946 base cold damage - which equated to ~13000 after taking into accouint passives.

In other words, this represents a 75% nerf to the freeze damage, but freeze mine now deals damage to mobs.

However, considering most bosses still spawn mobs repeatedly, prolif can still freeze bosses, although it will not longer be a chain freeze like it was in the past.
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
How to fight undying evangelists (also, how freeze mine can no longer perma chain freeze)
Level 74 Maze Map Run - Standard
Build of the Week 14
Using your guide as always, and I am definitely positive how everything is working out.

I have one small question, what is the average price of bereks grip?
"
Using your guide as always, and I am definitely positive how everything is working out.

glad to hear that! :) the average price is about 5 chaos, although i got mine for 3.
Build of the Week 14
Wow really, thats awesome :D.
Going to save up for it right now :D
Just realised that replacing added lightning with increased critical damage improves the tooltip DPS massively.

Spoiler
Added Lightning support
Spoiler

Increased Critical Damage support
Spoiler

However, despite the lower tooltip dps with added lightning, the ability to stack shocks will likely result in higher actual DPS as compared to the tooltip dps with increased critical damage.
Build of the Week 14
Last edited by Invalesco on Jan 9, 2014, 6:23:28 PM
Until a Void Battery becomes in my reach, what kind of weapon would you recommend?

A wand with Spell crit, Proj speed and Crit multi?
"
watercra wrote:
Until a Void Battery becomes in my reach, what kind of weapon would you recommend?

A wand with Spell crit, Proj speed and Crit multi?

Spell damage, cast speed and critical chance for spells should be your priority. If you can't get a good wand with crit chance, spell damage and cast speed will do for your initial leveling phase.

This cost me 2 ex and was a great wand

Was the wand I used after - cost 3 ex
Build of the Week 14
"
Invalesco wrote:
"

glad to hear that! :) the average price is about 5 chaos, although i got mine for 3.

Ouch, only 5 chaos ? I think I paid mine 3 exalted in Standard. I knew the price was higher in Standard, but didn't think the difference was that big.

Btw, I use Berek's grip for my CoC Frenzy Wander (Arctic Breath + Arc), so the flat lightning dmg is actually useful for me.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/611200

Shadow : Covenant Pulser (504561)
Ranger : 12 charges Frenzy Archer (65154), Dual Claws Elemental ST (709126)
Witch : Self-Cast Arc Tanky Witch (770185), AoF EK/Bear trap (863970)
Templar : Frenzy + AB/Fireball "Cast on Crit" Wander (611200)
Marauder : Death Oath Staff User (498864)
Hello there.

I'm really not used at all to following guides nor even look at them (I am a hard-headed stubborn that likes to play his own way)... but as stubborn as I am, I also like to see once in a while really good stuff like this. I love the FP Crit Caster, and yours is trully an amazing one :)

Past all that, I do have a couple of questions regarding the mechanics of the build, as I also run a FP Crit Caster (only thing I do it in Standard) but obviously not as succesful as yours. If you could try and answer them I would be much in debt and grateful with you.

Here they go:

1) I noted that your FP gem is not linked to any sort of support to the likes of Crit Chance, Crit Dmg (although your latest version does include it), Faster Proj, Faster Casting, etc. Is adding the "Added (Elm of choice) Dmg" gems the only way to improve the consistent flat dmg of the skill right now? Why not use Faster Casting? On the same matter, I suppose that your Crit Chance is sustained by the Power Charges, being that I do not see any support gems of those (except on Fire Trap).

2) Also noticed that you don't run any sort of auras whatsoever. HOW!? HOW DO YOU DO IT!? T_T I HAVE (it is imperative) to run Clarity lvl 17 to have the likes of 1xx mana regen/sec. I also run Haste for the Cast Speed (and in other minor way, for the Move Speed).

3) ALWAYS, ALWAYS regarded Arctic Armour as "a piece of sh*t". Never liked it, nor did I understand it; How useful could a skill be if it drained 30 mana/sec while moving, and that number only got higher and higher once you level it (reaching an ASTOUNDING 191.4 mana drained/sec while moving)?

4) Are Freeze Mine, Fire Trap and Lightning Warp ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY for the build? Couldn't you go with just the FP part? Explain it to me like I was a five-year-old please, just so I can get and understand it.

5) Why don't you use one dagger or even a dual dagger? Being that they increase your Crit Chance for a more than reasonable amount, it seems curious. The same with the curse: why not Critical Weakness? Explain it to me like I was a five-year-old please, just so I can get and understand it.

Aaaaaand... I think that's all, at least now. xD

Congratulations on your imagination and understanding on build-crafting, they're just insane and really pleasing to watch :)

Salutes!
Last edited by SigmaBlack on Jan 11, 2014, 3:01:49 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info