[1.0.3] Bringer of Entropy - 22K AoE DPS, 74% Block and Spell Block, 77% All Res Tank!

"
sm0ke52 wrote:
"
Tyrkrol wrote:
Do you think it would be worth it to pick up the Endurance Charge next to the Duelist in the tree and another one from Oak and link Enduring Cry with Cast when Damage Taken? Or do you not get hit often enough to make the 5 Endurance Charges worth it?

For the points that it takes prob not. I find 3 endurance charges on a Immortal Call linked to Increased Duration is more than enough. The main point for Immortal Call setup is just to have enough invulnerability to leech back life from attacks you don't block/evade.

Ahh, I see what you mean. I'm planning on building this from a Scion and I went through the left side of the Duelist instead of the right side, like this:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABAF4B3AOHBS0ILhIgGNsZjho4G60b-h3KHt8hYCP2Jd8n7Si1KNsppTGeNJM1kjrhPC1AoEOcR35KfUrITeNOKk9WVvpZ81n-Wkhbr16LYEtjcGVNZ6BuaW6qcHJyqXTtdPF4DXrvfNl89YLkhNmHdojxiiKKr5ARkFWeuaQZplenhKluq8WsWayqrOqzP7XytkG3Pr6Kvqe-vMAawKbA88GLxPbGrs_4037T_N0N3-_nY-2D7g7vTu967-Pv8PJF8938xf4K_o8=

What do you think of that as opposed to your build? It has 8% less health and 27% less melee damage than yours, but gives an extra 24% evasion (which is basically armour because of Iron Reflexes) and costs one less point. The main reason I'm thinking of doing it this way though is that it puts you right next to Berserking and Splitting Strikes so you can pick those up later for a pretty huge DPS increase.

Do you think it's worth it?

EDIT: Also, what do you think about picking up the Heart of Oak node by the Ranger? Is 2.5% life regen enough for you?
Last edited by Tyrkrol on Jan 28, 2014, 9:39:33 PM
"
Tyrkrol wrote:
"
sm0ke52 wrote:
"
Tyrkrol wrote:
Do you think it would be worth it to pick up the Endurance Charge next to the Duelist in the tree and another one from Oak and link Enduring Cry with Cast when Damage Taken? Or do you not get hit often enough to make the 5 Endurance Charges worth it?

For the points that it takes prob not. I find 3 endurance charges on a Immortal Call linked to Increased Duration is more than enough. The main point for Immortal Call setup is just to have enough invulnerability to leech back life from attacks you don't block/evade.

Ahh, I see what you mean. I'm planning on building this from a Scion and I went through the left side of the Duelist instead of the right side, like this:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABAF4B3AOHBS0ILhIgGNsZjho4G60b-h3KHt8hYCP2Jd8n7Si1KNsppTGeNJM1kjrhPC1AoEOcR35KfUrITeNOKk9WVvpZ81n-Wkhbr16LYEtjcGVNZ6BuaW6qcHJyqXTtdPF4DXrvfNl89YLkhNmHdojxiiKKr5ARkFWeuaQZplenhKluq8WsWayqrOqzP7XytkG3Pr6Kvqe-vMAawKbA88GLxPbGrs_4037T_N0N3-_nY-2D7g7vTu967-Pv8PJF8938xf4K_o8=

What do you think of that as opposed to your build? It has 8% less health and 27% less melee damage than yours, but gives an extra 24% evasion (which is basically armour because of Iron Reflexes) and costs one less point. The main reason I'm thinking of doing it this way though is that it puts you right next to Berserking and Splitting Strikes so you can pick those up later for a pretty huge DPS increase.

Do you think it's worth it?

EDIT: Also, what do you think about picking up the Heart of Oak node by the Ranger? Is 2.5% life regen enough for you?

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAAdwB5wOHBS0R1RIgFCAUcRjbG60b-h3KHt8hYCP2Jd8otSjbKaUxnjIJNJM1kjboOuFAoEGqQ5xGaUd-Sn1KyE3jTipPVlBHVvpYr1pIW69ei2BLY3BlTWWnZ6BsRm5pbqpwcnJscql07XTxeA1673zZfPV9dYLkhNmHdojxiiKKr5ARlZuZK565pBmmV6cwqW6rxaxZrOqzP7XytkG9gb6Kvqe-vMCmwPPBi8S4z_jTftP81fjdDd_v4mHnY-4O707veu_j7_D3Mve--Ov8xf6P_ro=

This is my passive tree currently. With another 2 8% life in my next 2 lvls which will be lvl 90. I do agree with your tree, it has nice survivability. The lack of Mana Geyser and lack of 2% life leech compared to my tree will make it difficult to gear and possibly give you some mana issues if you decide to use both Hatred and Grace. Heart of Oak IMO is a must since getting stun locked by Rhoa's and shield charge enemies is quite scary.
IGN: Titania_
Last edited by sm0ke52 on Jan 29, 2014, 10:14:52 PM
"
sm0ke52 wrote:
This is my passive tree currently. With another 2 8% life in my next 2 lvls which will be lvl 90. I do agree with your tree, it has nice survivability. The lack of Mana Geyser and lack of 2% life leech compared to my tree will make it difficult to gear and possibly give you some mana issues if you decide to use both Hatred and Grace. Heart of Oak IMO is a must since getting stun locked by Rhoa's and shield charge enemies is quite scary.

Why not just get Unwavering Stance since you're right next to it in your tree? I do see what you mean about Heart of the Oak though. I made the character today and I'm 59 now and rhoas/shield chargers can be a bit of a problem. I'm also prety squishy because I've been leveling so fast and haven't really been paying attention to gear so I imagine it won't be as bad later on, but I'm gonna pick it up at least for while I'm leveling.
Last edited by Tyrkrol on Jan 30, 2014, 5:48:59 AM
"
Tyrkrol wrote:
"
sm0ke52 wrote:

Why not just get Unwavering Stance since you're right next to it in your tree? I do see what you mean about Heart of the Oak though. I made the character today and I'm 59 now and rhoas/shield chargers can be a problem can be a bit of a problem. I'm also prety squishy because I've been leveling so fast and haven't really been paying attention to gear so I imagine it won't be as bad later on, but I'm gonna pick it up at least for while I'm leveling.

As stated on the previous pages Unwavering Stance does not allow you to evade which would make Blind from the BoR useless. Blind reduces the chance to hit of affected targets by 75%. Couple that with high block and it boosts survivability a ton. It is really useful tho for lvling.
Build seems like it kicks ass, would love to see you do a poorjoy's and maybe a palace ;D
IGN: MayHeart
Hey, just a small suggestion for the guide:

Maybe add Slitherpinch to the uniques used for leveling

These gloves are amazing for life/mana leech until you get some gear with leech on it. I'm level 71 now and I'm still using them.
Last edited by Tyrkrol on Jan 31, 2014, 3:43:12 PM
"
Tyrkrol wrote:
Hey, just a small suggestion for the guide:

Maybe add Slitherpinch to the uniques used for leveling

These gloves are amazing for life/mana leech until you get some gear with leech on it. I'm level 71 now and I'm still using them.

These are indeed great gloves for leveling and even for high level content if you manage to cap resistances without rare gloves. I even think that these gloves could be the Cheapman's Best in Slot gloves since it will greatly ease the aquisition of suitable jewelery (no need to life leech or manaleech)

Current Gear at level 85:

Spoiler

Passive:
Hi there,

two issues that i dont quite understand:

1. how do you manage to run 2 auras?
2. how do you have 20K damage? i cant see your gear is amazingly leans toward DPS and your tree is not packed with offensive nodes either.
(I have 10k dmg unbuffed and puzzled how i can increase it)

thanks!
"
Potatooman wrote:
Hi there,

two issues that i dont quite understand:

1. how do you manage to run 2 auras?
2. how do you have 20K damage? i cant see your gear is amazingly leans toward DPS and your tree is not packed with offensive nodes either.
(I have 10k dmg unbuffed and puzzled how i can increase it)

thanks!

Posting your gear and passive tree could definitely help identify what you need to improve your character.
Thanks OP for this really solid build, which I used for reference when making my build.

Here's my passive tree: Click Here

My build/gear: http://web.poe.garena.com/forum/view-thread/534 (I play on Garena server)

There's one thing you guys may not have understood about mana leech mechanics: just as life leech rate is fixed at 20% of your max life per second (24% with 20q life leech gem), mana leech is fixed at 12.5% of your max mana per second. (http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Mana_Leech)

With my passive tree, it takes 700 max mana to sustain the mana cost of 6-link Dual Strike. 2% mana leech is actually more than enough. The issue is with max mana, not the leech% itself.

My build concept is simple: deal enough single-target physical-damage dps, with enough life leech%, to hit leech cap vs bosses. Even my 6% life leech falls short of hitting the life leech cap. Since rings can only roll 2% life leech max, and amulet is Lazhwar, the max life leech on this build is 8% without life leech gem.

A combination of high mitigation and high life recovery makes this build one of the best tank builds in this game. I don't bother with Hatred aura or Added Fire Damage, because elemental dps doesn't contribute to leech without life leech gem, and many bosses/mobs are elemental resistant anyway. Instead, I opt for Grace + Determination, which greatly improves mitigation while also making me much more stun-resistant and bleed-resistant. Stun-resistant, especially because every attack that you block also has a chance to put you into stun/block animation based on the damage the attack would have done if you had not blocked it.

PS. I believe that my passive tree produces a better result, because it avoids taking the absolutely useless dex nodes, and instead takes a similar number of str nodes. Spec into the block nodes, and out of the dps nodes, as you see fit. I'm hesitant to spec too hard into Life/Block while ignoring dps, as I want to have enough life recovery to fight bosses like the one in torture chamber who uses a powerful DoT that is unblockable. (I major in Mathematics and Economics, so my calculations are reliable.)
Last edited by PlayreOne on Feb 8, 2014, 1:01:21 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info