Thoughts on new CI

"
SL4Y3R wrote:

Also, and again I cannot stress this enough. Adding in GAME CHANGING items, (chaos R) that has not been tested. Is completely dropping the ball.

You've said that more than once now. Maybe I missed it but what evidence is there that this is true. It seems extremely unlikely that they would do this with no testing at all. I know they were probably pressed for time so maybe limited testing, but none? I'm not buying it.
"
jonts26 wrote:
"
SL4Y3R wrote:

Also, and again I cannot stress this enough. Adding in GAME CHANGING items, (chaos R) that has not been tested. Is completely dropping the ball.

You've said that more than once now. Maybe I missed it but what evidence is there that this is true. It seems extremely unlikely that they would do this with no testing at all. I know they were probably pressed for time so maybe limited testing, but none? I'm not buying it.

Tis true.

Sadly. Meaning there has been no testing (non-GGG) that has been done on at a bare minimum higher lvl content for this change.
Forgive my ignorance, but why is HP widely considered better than ES?
"
Hayrich wrote:
Forgive my ignorance, but why is HP widely considered better than ES?

Incoming Slayer!
Helps prevents stuns, shocks, chilled/frozen, ignited, can be leeched (by the VAST majority) of gear (from phys). You can use potions too.

This why in terms of eHP. HP:ES is around 1:1.5/2 However, this really doesn't even take into account the above statements.

Since with AR/EV, you're actually taking less dmg ALL THE TIME, while with ES, it's only while you have it.

EDIT:

:)
Last edited by SL4Y3R on Jan 23, 2013, 3:20:09 AM
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
Helps prevents stuns, shocks, chilled/frozen, ignited, can be leeched (by the VAST majority) of gear (from phys). You can use potions too.

Sorry, but how does health prevent stuns/shocks/other status effects?
The length of elemental effects depends on the dmg relative to your max HP. Shock and freeze last a very short time vs high HP characters.

Whether or not you are stunned by a hit works similarly. Get high HP and only the largest hits will stun you.
The old joke, albeit not really true anymore was this:

AR- Scared of crit

EV- Scared of big hits by tons of small stuff.

ES= Scared of guys throwing rocks.

In terms of stunlock.

Try a CI build sometime. How often the elemental and phys procs as a CI player is amazing.

It is something that is RARELY if ever brought up by HP users, because well, they don't notice it.
Last edited by SL4Y3R on Jan 23, 2013, 3:41:33 AM
"
aimlessgun wrote:
The length of elemental effects depends on the dmg relative to your max HP. Shock and freeze last a very short time vs high HP characters.

Whether or not you are stunned by a hit works similarly. Get high HP and only the largest hits will stun you.

"
SL4Y3R wrote:
The old joke, albeit not really true anymore was this:

AR- Scared of crit

EV- Scared of big hits by tons of small stuff.

ES= Scared of guys throwing rocks.

In terms of stunlock.

Try a CI build sometime. How often the elemental and phys procs as a CI player is amazing.

It is something that is RARELY if ever brought up by HP users, because well, they don't notice it.

Ah, thanks. Another thing learnt today.
"
Hayrich wrote:
Forgive my ignorance, but why is HP widely cnsideroed better than ES?

The biggest reason is because it's easier to regenerate. Burning and Puncture are instant death against a chaos inoculation character without flasks specifically to stop it because you can't regenerate naturally with damage over time on you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info