Thoughts on new CI

"
Xikorut wrote:
tinghshi, I'm talking about endgame here. I don't expect CI to be viable in the 50s as it was in beta. And probably not even until late 70s or 80s. Hell, it might be until good gear drops. But it IS possible to get enough gear to become powerful. It just isn't even a fraction of what it used to be and is leagues harder to reach a point of usefulness. As before when I saw the first Alpha CI node, I expect it to change yet again.

By impossible, I was only referring to the numbers you stated. Of course, CI is still viable, but you'll just probably do better without it.
"
tinghshi wrote:
"
Xikorut wrote:
tinghshi, I'm talking about endgame here. I don't expect CI to be viable in the 50s as it was in beta. And probably not even until late 70s or 80s. Hell, it might be until good gear drops. But it IS possible to get enough gear to become powerful. It just isn't even a fraction of what it used to be and is leagues harder to reach a point of usefulness. As before when I saw the first Alpha CI node, I expect it to change yet again.

By impossible, I was only referring to the numbers you stated. Of course, CI is still viable, but you'll just probably do better without it.

And this makes sense how?
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
"
tinghshi wrote:
"
Xikorut wrote:

And this makes sense how?

This doesn't make sense...how?
Well, at least we're in agreement.

I think. :)

Dear Neptune, I hope they just ditch the Chaos resistance before the patch (not likely)

THIS HAS NOT EVEN BEEN TESTED YET. Neither Alpha or Beta.
"
SL4Y3R wrote:

Dear Neptune, I hope they just ditch the Chaos resistance before the patch (not likely)

I think they Chaos Resist is only really problematic depending on the amount that is available.

If you're capable of getting 75% Chaos Resist almost as easily as Elemental Resist, then adding it is stupid.

But if you're only able to get a max of 60-85 Chaos Resist total(0-25% on Merciless). I don't know if it would really be that big of a deal. It might even make the Immunity from CI a little more appealing so you don't have -Resists.

I think it's just dependent upon what the +value on the gear is. I certainly hope you're not able to get 41% per item like all other resists.
"
Porkeh wrote:
"
SL4Y3R wrote:

I think they Chaos Resist is only really problematic depending on the amount that is available.

If you're capable of getting 75% Chaos Resist almost as easily as Elemental Resist, then adding it is stupid.

But if you're only able to get a max of 60-85 Chaos Resist total(0-25% on Merciless). I don't know if it would really be that big of a deal. It might even make the Immunity from CI a little more appealing so you don't have -Resists.

I think it's just dependent upon what the +value on the gear is. I certainly hope you're not able to get 41% per item like all other resists.

Don't forget, chaos enemies in general have been nerf. There's now less of them, dealing less damage. They were never a huge problem before anyways...at least I can't remember them ever giving me much trouble at all. Maybe just the occasional off-screen cairn annihilator shooting parties.
CI builds are essentially the same, except that you have to invest more in terms of gear and skill points to reach current effective levels. On top of which, you now can get ES regen, which means both life and ES builds can regen, can leech, and will require similar skill points investment. This sounds fair to me.

And I'm not sure why some players claim CI is independent of ES builds. If you have only 1 life, I'm not sure what alternatives there are other than ES.
"
Hayrich wrote:
CI builds are essentially the same, except that you have to invest more in terms of gear and skill points to reach current effective levels. On top of which, you now can get ES regen, which means both life and ES builds can regen, can leech, and will require similar skill points investment. This sounds fair to me.

And I'm not sure why some players claim CI is independent of ES builds. If you have only 1 life, I'm not sure what alternatives there are other than ES.

Well, you will never be ableto reach current levels. That much we know, and it's a good thing.

Next, why is similar skill point investment fair? Unless you mean the difference in distance between CI and ES regen and GR.

Since HP is a clear winner in terms of its use over ES.

Also, and again I cannot stress this enough. Adding in GAME CHANGING items, (chaos R) that has not been tested. Is completely dropping the ball.

Except for CI melee builds this nerf was needed. They could tank their way with 2 andvarious with -resistances maps esp as a Summoner. But i dont feel comfortable nor happy about this anyone would easily open a summoner and make his way with same conditions as well no broken mechanics here. For last claiming hp builds more Op are not going to help us either so no point of disgustion and remove BM ? srsly ? lol about that rage...
"
But because you can get Chaos Resist eslewhere, it seems like a high price to be paid.

Not really.
Always try to compare affixes when you consider balancing.

How much Life do you get through level?

80*6 + 50, or something like that: 530 HP

This equals ~5 affixes of life
Now consider how many resistance affixes you need to get 100% resistance, starting at -60

160/30->also ~5 affixes

and chaos resistance will probably not roll as 30% but smaller numbers

Chaois innoculation is perfectly fine in terms of "affix potential" and it grants additional bonus like "gaining higher valueable resistance" and "getting higher resist then 75%"

I assume that if single elemental resistances roll with 30%, chaosdamage will roll wih ~20%

Getting chaos innoculation is perfectly fine if you have a dedicated build. Its definitly worth it, if you know how to balance your items and skillpoints properly.
Last edited by Nasabot on Jan 23, 2013, 3:04:15 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info