0.10.0 Patch Notes

"
"
Reitak wrote:
this is not normal, few hours before open beta you make 1.5gb patch???!! wtf, it download speed 3kb-150kb, now it is 24 minutes and 3.41%.

Why you make this big patch, fix xx items in all game, end game, and not only fixing something on early game, then patch will have only 200mb, I hope you know what I mean.

This is total fail, I hoped only EA are dumb with patches, ...

oh dear i hope this isnt a glimpse of the incoming community

It is.
But he does have a point, the very moment open beta goes live and server load is more than tripled you launch a patch roughly 1/3 the size of the client?
Why would any developer do that?
To see just how much they have to improve the server?

Either way open beta is here and I really want to enjoy this game(even with 10-40Kbps download on a huge patch, hours after I downloaded the not small client at 2Mbps), so hopefully they got the game right and won't do this again.

More likely than not, the patch was finished, ready to go "live" today, and they, GGG, didn't was to disappoint everybody. Granted not the best way to do things but no use QQ'ing over it. Stick it on download and then buy some cool pets on the MT page :) I know I'm going to buy a ton - I'm addicted to pets.
The Pope quit, a meteor fell on Russia, an
asteroid came close to the earth, there's snow
in Arizona, star wars and star trek have the
same director! Who the hell is playing jumanji?
Can't wait to play it tonight!
IGN: Darkflayme
My favorite flavor text: "Swinging through the air, it sings
of sundered, severed, missing things."
I would just like to give my feedback here. I have been very excited about POE for some time now and was very pleased with the way it was being handled financially. Until I saw that we would need to buy back our item SFX. This worried me. The absolute moment I saw that we could buy them and it would cost more, but we could reclaim them anytime I instantly bought coins for some effects. Thank you GGG for listening to your customers and making what I imagine has been a very lucrative decision on your first night of release. You guys are true gamers. PS, also makes for AMAZING PR VS Diablo 3 ;-)
why the hell, when I have downloaded 80% and I close download window, or my net down, ... why after starting game it download me from begin and no continue?
"
Reitak wrote:
why the hell, when I have downloaded 80% and I close download window, or my net down, ... why after starting game it download me from begin and no continue?

Because in another questionable decision the developers, awesome as they are for making the game, decided the updater does not need to have a hash-check?
"
Peterowsky wrote:
"
Reitak wrote:

Because in another questionable decision the developers, awesome as they are for making the game, decided the updater does not need to have a hash-check?

It does have a hash check. It also does continue where it left off.

It's just that the progress bar resets to zero when you restart, and the amount remaining gets smaller.
Code warrior
"
Rhys wrote:
"
Peterowsky wrote:
"
Reitak wrote:

It does have a hash check. It also does continue where it left off.

It's just that the progress bar resets to zero when you restart, and the amount remaining gets smaller.

I gladly stand corrected.
Though an average speed of 34kbps because the server is under heavy load is still a thorn on my side.

I'm getting 150/kbs
"
Peterowsky wrote:
"
"
Reitak wrote:
this is not normal, few hours before open beta you make 1.5gb patch???!! wtf, it download speed 3kb-150kb, now it is 24 minutes and 3.41%.

Why you make this big patch, fix xx items in all game, end game, and not only fixing something on early game, then patch will have only 200mb, I hope you know what I mean.

This is total fail, I hoped only EA are dumb with patches, ...

oh dear i hope this isnt a glimpse of the incoming community

It is.
But he does have a point, the very moment open beta goes live and server load is more than tripled you launch a patch roughly 1/3 the size of the client?
Why would any developer do that?
To see just how much they have to improve the server?

Either way open beta is here and I really want to enjoy this game(even with 10-40Kbps download on a huge patch, hours after I downloaded the not small client at 2Mbps), so hopefully they got the game right and won't do this again.

Developers stated the reason that they'd rather have the game up and running than shut it off waiting for everyone to patch. Well this is also a stress test for their servers I guess. It's better to get slow download than a game that is down half the time.

And Forsaken, yes it is likely to be populated by OP who acts like they own the place when they've done nothing for the game nor the community a.k.a. average whining gamer.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info