Open Beta - design changes

"
SL4Y3R wrote:
Well.

I hope this will be the only time I will ever say this. Since it will also be the first.

I have never seen such an gigantic fuck up in my entire life. Well, once before actually and it made me quit a different game (not D3). I will not quit this game because of it, however, you should know just how seriously you have indeed fucked up.

Adding chaos resistance to ITEMS is the biggest mistake you have ever, and hopefully will ever make. Since even though you will technically still be in BETA, these items cannot be removed unless you do so directly. There are no more wipes, migrations, nothing.

Here is what CI has become. Lose all your life. For 25% resists. That's ALL that keystone is now.

To any other class, I will ask you a question, "If there was a keystone in your tree that stated, Lose 1500 HP, but gain max resistance to fire, would you take it"? If not, you see why this is a problem.

I had, with AMAZING gear, I believe 8k ES (w/o CI) when I tested it for the sake of giving feedback. This was enough to sustain me (in CB, not OB) With amazing, BiS gear to boot.

Chaos Resistance should have NEVER been added to gear. Maybe some in the tree, but NEVER gear.

So, by making CI essentially a +25% resist node, which doesn't give ES (Which it shouldn't), AND lowering all ES values, I will leave you with this:

Give up everything in pursuit of greatness- Even life itself.

What a joke

This makes me think that you don't know how energy shield works . . .
Almost every sort of chaos damage in the game is over time. Damage over time stops your ES regen. Being IMMUNE to DoT sources lets you get your ES back 20-30 seconds faster (or infinitely faster on chaos damage maps), which is an eternity. Your post shows a complete failure to know the game and make a relevant comment.
Samurai, Slayer is Slurms. If you don't know who that is, well...

And what Chaos damage is over time? Viper Strike. Poison Cloud. If you're not out of a poison cloud a second after it starts, you aren't paying attention anyway. And if you're getting hit with Viper Strike in endgame (the only place CI will even be viable now), you really do suck (melee is basically nonviable, talking casters atm).
I was upset about the CI changes at first, but you can always do something else - build differently. Eventually new builds will be considered too OP you just have to find it. After every major change you just have to adapt, rethink, rebuild and plow all the mobs once again.

People say "you don't understand the changes" and that's partially true, for example chaos resistance on items, -60% chaos resistance on merciless and new CI (with 0% ES) is totally untested. I bet no one fully understands how it will affect game dynamic yet.

I thought CI + two +6% ES and +40% more ES nodes were good enough change.
I thought CI + four +6% ES and +30% more ES nodes were a great change.

CI was a different style of defensive mechanic than life which was great to play or try out it had some nice benefits and some annoying drawbacks. Now it's basically out of the game, I have no idea what's going on in alpha, but IMHO making those last day changes after stating that there will no more wipes/migrations is not a good move. Why not get more alpha testers that could test specifically new CI or some kind of a nerfed variation at least a week before OB, I bet people would happily do it, at least I would have.

GL to all with new hunt for OP builds. Have fun and enjoy the game.
"
Xikorut wrote:
Samurai, Slayer is Slurms. If you don't know who that is, well...

And what Chaos damage is over time? Viper Strike. Poison Cloud. If you're not out of a poison cloud a second after it starts, you aren't paying attention anyway. And if you're getting hit with Viper Strike in endgame (the only place CI will even be viable now), you really do suck (melee is basically nonviable, talking casters atm).

Slayer is a fucking moron. He made a post saying that the only benefit of CI is +25% chaos resist, which is fully retarded . . then whined based on assuming he's correct. Don't tell me "if I don't know who some guy who has no demigods (and has tried much more than my 3 in 6 3h races) and plays softcore is then well . . ." cause I don't care. Immunity is immunity, it's not +25% resists. You can't defended a moot argument based on the player.

CI isn't gone, we haven't even SEEN the new "more ES on other nodes" the patch notes have promised. You might still get 30%-50% more from the other nodes you usually take. The bigger nerf to ES is the gear change.

CI has gone from 100% to 50% to the addition of Ghost Reaver and other regen nodes. It's always been OP end game and trivializing content. *If* the buff to the life leech gem is enough to overcome elemental reflect then CI/Ghost Reaver will be BUFFED by this patch.
Last edited by samuraiduel on Jan 23, 2013, 10:46:48 AM
Slurms has some Demigod's. And he did react a bit, but guess what... We all did. Either too far for or too far against. And they said "increased ES on other nodes." They're talking about buffing the ES% nodes, not MORE, which is the real multiplier. By having weaker gear and no way to multiply it up, ES in general has accelerated downward faster than adg.
"
samuraiduel wrote:
This makes me think th.at you don't know how energy shield works . . .
Slayer is a fucking moron

This makes me think that you don't realize the guy you just said that to basically invented the CI crit ice witch build that was one of the instrumental builds in bringing this nerf about in the first place. Go troll somewhere else. His post was correct, adding chaos res to the mod pool is a big deal. Doing it without testing makes no sense, and there is no way back from it if there are to be no item wipes. The whole thing is as absurd as you telling slurms that he doesn't understand how ES works.
Last edited by MonstaMunch on Jan 23, 2013, 10:49:30 AM
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
"
samuraiduel wrote:

This makes me think that you don't realize the guy you just said that to basically invented the CI crit ice witch build that was one of the instrumental builds in bringing this nerf about in the first place. Go troll somewhere else. His post was correct, adding chaos res to the mod pool is a big deal. Doing it without testing makes no sense, and there is no way back from it if there are to be no item wipes. The whole thing is as absurd as you telling slurms that he doesn't understand how ES works.

The hidden dangers of ad hominem
"Wait, what did I just drink?" - Socrates
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
"
samuraiduel wrote:

If he understood ANYTHING he wouldn't have posted something so stupid as to say immunity = +25% resists.

I'll give him a break in that it was a knee jerk angry reaction on his part and he probably wasn't thinking.

And come on . . . nobody "invents" putting crit on ice spells or taking the strongest node in the game on a build. That's just naive. You might as well say "CoyoteFreak invented LS templar derp derp."

I'm not happy about a completely new item mod and giant change to chaos damage the day before release, but that's not my problem with his post.
"
samuraiduel wrote:
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
Well.

I hope this will be the only time I will ever say this. Since it will also be the first.

I have never seen such an gigantic fuck up in my entire life. Well, once before actually and it made me quit a different game (not D3). I will not quit this game because of it, however, you should know just how seriously you have indeed fucked up.

Adding chaos resistance to ITEMS is the biggest mistake you have ever, and hopefully will ever make. Since even though you will technically still be in BETA, these items cannot be removed unless you do so directly. There are no more wipes, migrations, nothing.

Here is what CI has become. Lose all your life. For 25% resists. That's ALL that keystone is now.

To any other class, I will ask you a question, "If there was a keystone in your tree that stated, Lose 1500 HP, but gain max resistance to fire, would you take it"? If not, you see why this is a problem.

I had, with AMAZING gear, I believe 8k ES (w/o CI) when I tested it for the sake of giving feedback. This was enough to sustain me (in CB, not OB) With amazing, BiS gear to boot.

Chaos Resistance should have NEVER been added to gear. Maybe some in the tree, but NEVER gear.

So, by making CI essentially a +25% resist node, which doesn't give ES (Which it shouldn't), AND lowering all ES values, I will leave you with this:

Give up everything in pursuit of greatness- Even life itself.

What a joke

This makes me think that you don't know how energy shield works . . .
Almost every sort of chaos damage in the game is over time. Damage over time stops your ES regen. Being IMMUNE to DoT sources lets you get your ES back 20-30 seconds faster (or infinitely faster on chaos damage maps), which is an eternity. Your post shows a complete failure to know the game and make a relevant comment.

What about the new passive that lets you regen ES instead of life? Problem solved!
1) You can't really base a person's state of moronity by a forum "discussion"
2) We need constructive criticism, calling people this and that doesn't help anybody
3) You people need to understand by partaking in such meaningless debates about who is or isn't a moron will add to more negativity on forums wich in turn is bad PR for GGG (selfish ego's from time to time without contributing anything, blah!)
4) You can prove your point without acting like 13 year old schoolgirls in this world, really? yes really...try it...

I'd love to read the pro's and con's of the changes made for OB but why does it have to be as nasty as some forum posts
It's like if you disagree with another fellow gamer you become instant mortal enemies or something, kids these days...
Exiled for Eternity

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info