[1.3.0]PewPewPews official Starter-Friendly Incinerate Build | Stronger than ever!

Thank you so much for the suggestion of CoDT -> LW. It was the missing link in my own incinerator build. I'm running Blood Magic instead of EB/MoM, and it's working out pretty well.
Whats the point of running Discipline with Eldritch Battery? Aren't you basically reserving mana to get mana? Why not run another aura etc. Purity or Hatred
"
Immaninja wrote:
Whats the point of running Discipline with Eldritch Battery? Aren't you basically reserving mana to get mana? Why not run another aura etc. Purity or Hatred

I think the idea is to reserve mana to gain mana regeneration.
More mana means more mana regen! And we looooove mana regen :)

Ahum. I've tried out Frost wall instead of Arctic breath for a day. It has it's advantages and disadvantages over Arctic Breath. I'll go into the details a little more later, when I did some more testing, but as for now:
- Frost Wall is usually cast in front of a mob, while you are teleported behind the mob. Fairly pointless, but it does hold off other mobs. Kinda useless for bosses and rares though.
- Frost Wall is exceptionally good in PVP, since it not only interrupts the other player, but also dislocates them.
- Frost Wall can seperate you from certain bosses(check the oak video)

Yes video. Got 2 more vids for you guys, so rejoice!
- Quick shock and horror: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZXByfL3FqY
- Dark Forest Oak: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEm_tpKrdPc

Also tested thing out with Maze Vaal: His lightning beam does not hurt me. I can take all three blast, with the shock stacks, and still survive just fine. I also "tanked" his Vaalslam, but I did not take any damage at all, so not sure what happened there(can not block, can not dodge). Will have to look more into it next time.
All in all, the fight was easy. Will most likely record a double Vaal, or this one whenever I can :)

This build is going to see a little less screen time, as I started playing around with another, very potent, build. That, and christmas is upon us, so I'll be spending a little more time with the family until next year. After that, I'm positive I'll be uploading once more :)
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
"

"
SilkTopHat wrote:
You mention that CwDT + Lightning Warp teleports you away from the high physical damage threats. This isn't necessarily true; a small physical damage hit could activate the gem and teleport you into an undesirable location. How do you handle this?

Very true. It happens from time to time. Mostly with summoners. If I really need to kill a specific monster, I just hover over the target, while casting incinerate, locking onto the enemy. Then I just use my manual teleport. Everytime I get teleported away, I just reteleport. Due to GMP I deal 2,5 the toolbar damage in first form, and that burst is usually enough to take down that enemy.

Suppose that you're facing a mixed melee/ranged group, like something you might see in the Sceptre of God or Lunaris Temple. Do you find that, if you need to, you are capable of teleporting away? I am concerned that the threshold of CwDT is low enough that a good burst from a Plumed Chimeral or Tentacle Miscreation that they will pull you back into the fray against your will, especially since this build spends so much time standing still.

"

"
SilkTopHat wrote:
What happens if you do find yourself with low mana?

This is only an issue with certain bosses. Thanks to Saffells, my resists are high enough to not care about the double damage from almost any mob. If it happens during a boss, it's usually due to me not paying attention(not using a flask before entering the fight/tanking certain heavy hitting abilities(I'm looking at you Dominus >.>). I usually try to port out. When I get ported back, I just keep on the incinerate. The burst from close range is more then often enough to keep up enough leech/finish off the boss.
But basically, getting low on mana should only happen if you go full rambo, and think you can handle anything.

Do conventional mana flasks (probably one regenerative and one instant-action) provide enough mana to handle those sorts of bosses? I think a Lavianga's Spirit would be especially useful for this build, but they aren't cheap.

"

"
SilkTopHat wrote:
How well does this build perform in parties? My initial impression is that this build is somewhat unpleasant for other players to cooperate with, as the GMP + Incinerate effect is flashy and large.

I have done a few parties, but none of them complained about the lag/flashyness of this build. Might be because their computers were top notch, or that they simply didn't care. I should ask people about this next time.

My own computer is most definitely not a top-notch machine. I'm at least a little concerned that I will have performance issues.

"

"
SilkTopHat wrote:
What enemies or situations are difficult for this build to handle

... Lost half my mana, due to the first wave of attacks, but got it back a second later due to molten shell.

How well do Molten Shell and Firestorm keep your mana topped off without Mana Leech? I'm considering linking Added Chaos Damage or Faster Casting instead. Speaking of which, do you have a preference? I suspect Added Chaos Damage would provide more consistent performance across all situations.

What about Fire Penetration? I suspect that Fire Penetration would make the build's performance less consistent, as it would provide a sizable bonus against enemies with low Fire Resistance and none against enemies with over-capped resistance.

Fire Penetration reduces target maximum resistance.

"

"
I'm considering making this the next build I use, and I'd like to make sure that I know what I'm getting into.

I appreciate the questions, it makes me think twice about the weak spots of this build :)
I hosted a few map video's, it is worth looking at them, it will give you a good idea how this build works :)

I have been - that's where the some questions have been coming from. I've been trying to find the points at which your health or mana drop below full, or your tactics change to accommodate a threat.

A few more questions:

Have you considered Lifesprig?

I assume that the desirable gear here is split Armor + ES gear with +Life mods. Is this correct?

Have you considered using a Totem skill on switch? Decoy Totem and Summon Skeleton Spell Totem can make dangerous situations significantly safer than going alone.
Last edited by SilkTopHat on Feb 26, 2014, 1:00:58 PM
"
SilkTopHat wrote:

Suppose that you're facing a mixed melee/ranged group, like something you might see in the Sceptre of God or Lunaris Temple. Do you find that, if you need to, you are capable of teleporting away? I am concerned that the threshold of CwDT is low enough that a good burst from a Plumed Chimeral or Tentacle Miscreation that they will pull you back into the fray against your will, especially since this build spends so much time standing still.

I rarely teleport away from anything ranged. They tend to die faster, and if they teleport me, it is usually towards them. The only time I actually teleported away from ranged was from a blue group of undying evangelists, with a double museum boss. The protection from the evangelists, and the hard hitters were just a little bit too much for me. It took me one try to get out, even with both the tentacle miscreations firing at me.

So yes, if I feel the need, it is possible to teleport away, but sometimes it takes more then one try. And honestly, trying to teleport away is usually the lesser choise: staying and let the teleport take you on a trip through the mobs is often far more efficient(you thin their ranks, while keeping up the sustain).
On a slight side note: Due to AA, Tentacle miscreations and plumed Chimerals don't deal any damage at all(physical damage reduction).

"
SilkTopHat wrote:

Do conventional mana flasks (probably one regenerative and one instant-action) provide enough mana to handle those sorts of bosses? I think a Lavianga's Spirit would be especially useful for this build, but they aren't cheap.

I usually try to have the bosses dead before they can drop me low enough. If I can't get them dead, it's rather easy to teleport out - if the blue mobs surrounding the bosses are dead as well.
But no, a mana pot alone won't regen enough. It will definitely help, but not solve all the problems you have.

Lavianga's might be nice yes, but I wonder, does it also stop the mana costs from AA? If not, I wonder if it's really worth the price, since AA is the biggest drain on mana here. incinerate is, compared to AA, neglectable.

"
SilkTopHat wrote:
My own computer is most definitely not a top-notch machine. I'm at least a little concerned that I will have performance issues.

Swap out Arctic Breath for Frost Wall. My computer isn't the best out there either(still very decent though), but I really noticed an increase in framerate when I switched Arctic Breath for Frost Wall. Incinerate itself is not really hard on your computer luckily :)

"
SilkTopHat wrote:

How well do Molten Shell and Firestorm keep your mana topped off without Mana Leech? I'm considering linking Added Chaos Damage or Faster Casting instead. Speaking of which, do you have a preference? I suspect Added Chaos Damage would provide more consistent performance across all situations.
What about Fire Penetration? I suspect that Fire Penetration would make the build's performance less consistent, as it would provide a sizable bonus against enemies with low Fire Resistance and none against enemies with over-capped resistance.

Actually, mana leech is linked to molten shell and firestorm. Remove mana leech, and these two will only deal damage(which is still nice of course).

As for the other support gems(I presume you want to link them to incinerate):
- Added Chaos works amazing. huge damage boost, especially if you get a quality added chaos(Works great with the mantle)
- Faster casting is also a very nice damage boost, both work well.
- Fire penetration seems like a free 35% damage boost, but due to the 25% chaos conversion, it's not as effective on this build as it would on a pure fire incinerate build. It's a decent pick if you go with something else(like the cloak of defiance, or kaoms, or whatever). But for the build as it is, I would not recommend it.

- added Lightning damage + Static Blows might be something interesting though. With the attack speed from Incinerate, you should be able to get the three shocks off within no time. Am looking into this.

"
Have you considered Lifesprig?

No, not yet. But while I am looking at it, I can't help but wonder, does the regen stack, or will incinerate just reset the cooldown? If it's the second, it's not worth it. Will look into this once I get my hands on one.
Holy cow, 20 chaos?

"
I assume that the desirable gear here is split Armor + ES gear with +Life mods. Is this correct?

That is correct.

"
Have you considered using a Totem skill on switch? Decoy Totem and Summon Skeleton Spell Totem can make dangerous situations significantly safer than going alone.

Hmm, no.
The reason might be stupid, but I want to keep this build basic, for beginners, people that start out new. I just want to keep this build as simple as it is, just go in, turn on incinerate, and just focus on the screen, not on macro'd casting(switch, cast, switch and such). Plus, this build is optimized to keep incinerate running. Stopping incinerate to cast a totem feels contradictory.
Plus, you don't want mobs to run towards a totem, or them to be blocked by skeletons, you want them to come to you. Don't underestimate the damage from incinerate. Everything that comes in your flames will soon to be dead :>
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
"

Swap out Arctic Breath for Frost Wall. My computer isn't the best out there either(still very decent though), but I really noticed an increase in framerate when I switched Arctic Breath for Frost Wall. Incinerate itself is not really hard on your computer luckily :)

Frost Wall is probably not an option for me - I play in parties with friends, and well-placed Frost Walls are already hazardous to the melee players. Throwing them around on CwDT is asking for trouble. I'll see how Arctic Breath works out. Temporal Chains, Cold Snap, and Freeze Mine could be worth exploration.

"

Actually, mana leech is linked to molten shell and firestorm. Remove mana leech, and these two will only deal damage(which is still nice of course).

Oops. I meant to say, "without Mana Leech linked to Incinerate." I have since found the post you answered this question.

"

As for the other support gems(I presume you want to link them to incinerate):
- Added Chaos works amazing. huge damage boost, especially if you get a quality added chaos(Works great with the mantle)
- Faster casting is also a very nice damage boost, both work well.
- Fire penetration seems like a free 35% damage boost, but due to the 25% chaos conversion, it's not as effective on this build as it would on a pure fire incinerate build. It's a decent pick if you go with something else(like the cloak of defiance, or kaoms, or whatever). But for the build as it is, I would not recommend it.
- added Lightning damage + Static Blows might be something interesting though. With the attack speed from Incinerate, you should be able to get the three shocks off within no time. Am looking into this.

You are correct, I intend to skip on Mana Leech for something else. It looks like Added Chaos Damage would be the best option.

Well, I've asked all the questions I have for the time being. I'll begin acquiring the gear. Thank you for your informative guide and responses.
Very good and fun build, but you need to be extremelly careful with it. Corrupting Blood is a strong enemy, proximity shield can be annoying, other allies cannot die can be annoying too.
You need to be crazy to run it in HC because it's like OP said, if you stop atacking you die...

Anyways, I'm using a 5L with Inc, Fast Proj, GMP, Life Leech and ADD CHAOS DMG. It's wonderful, lots of dmg, but it's also mana intensive, so buy some mana regen rings/wand. Anyway, very fun and I hope some more experienced players give some feedback about it.

P.s. Try add chaos dmg, huge dmg boost
"
gabrieldr wrote:
Very good and fun build, but you need to be extremelly careful with it. Corrupting Blood is a strong enemy, proximity shield can be annoying, other allies cannot die can be annoying too.
You need to be crazy to run it in HC because it's like OP said, if you stop atacking you die...

Anyways, I'm using a 5L with Inc, Fast Proj, GMP, Life Leech and ADD CHAOS DMG. It's wonderful, lots of dmg, but it's also mana intensive, so buy some mana regen rings/wand. Anyway, very fun and I hope some more experienced players give some feedback about it.

P.s. Try add chaos dmg, huge dmg boost

Im using Faster Casting on my guy....is added chaos a lot better?
I agree Added Chaos is very strong with this build, especially A quality with the Infernal mantle, since the damage increase from the quality also increases the converted fire damage(!).

Both Faster Casting and Added Chaos have their uses, I haven't got time/gear(still playing selffound :<) to try them out myself, but, also calculating in the buffs from added chaos last patch, it seems it will deal more damage than faster casting :)
I am a nice guy.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info