Stuck at checking resources

Didn't helped anything. I think I will just skip this game. :|
you have to delete that cppk.gg file. then disable your firewall. buy a new harddrive and label it POE. install software into this drive alone. run as administrator. go into admin settings and set your admin level to ULTRA. try again. you have to wait while it says it is checking resources because at a random time a Quick Time Event will start and if you arent there to hit up up down down left right left right start select it will not download
Found this thread because I was reinstalling on a new computer after a period of inactivity. Same problems. After waiting a half hour for it to check resources, I said no more... I decided I would kill the application in task manager whenever the log file would stop updating, delete the log file (not sure if this makes any difference) and restart the application. I did not delete the content.ggpk file or do anything with admin settings. Only took two or three minutes and a couple of restarts this way.
Last edited by MagnusParvus on Jan 30, 2016, 4:34:19 PM
I did the same thing yesterday i had to stop download cause i had to leave and i was 1/3 way through 1GB and clicked "X" to exit down load then. today it started acting fishy so i had to delete content etc from both folders and start fresh. Now its stuck on Checking Resources going on about 15-20 minutes now. Hopefuly i can get it started cause man i can sense this download gonna take atleast 3-4 hours at the speed it was going yesterday :(
I had the same issue, in my case defragmenation of partition where POE is installed helped (used program Defraggler). I still need to wait around 3-5 min for game to lunch but it is better than not launching at all :P
"Fixed" it by dozen client restarts. Checking logs/Client.txt also helps to see when it hangs (no new log entries after some time). So when you does not see new logs, just restart client and eventually you get to "allocating space" stage.

IGN: MsAnnoyance
"
qquno wrote:
"Fixed" it by dozen client restarts. Checking logs/Client.txt also helps to see when it hangs (no new log entries after some time). So when you does not see new logs, just restart client and eventually you get to "allocating space" stage.

work perfect , thanks alot =3
I spent an hour on loading resources and found a post that said to delete the path of exile folder in my documents -> my games. This worked for me. Immediately went past the loading resources and started downloading and after a couple minutes was in the game!
"
ethion21 wrote:
I spent an hour on loading resources and found a post that said to delete the path of exile folder in my documents -> my games. This worked for me. Immediately went past the loading resources and started downloading and after a couple minutes was in the game!

Hmm the only things in there that could prevent stuff might be the production_config.ini or the .credentials. I'd bet the credentials before the ini. Everything else in their concerns messages and daily deals though... hmm. Actually the Minimap folder in there might be the issue. I'd suggest closing the client down, deleting everything in there then restarting. Those files should recreate as needed. Might explain stuff if its having issues. But all that is within the game imo. I would also note that if you have/use Raptr it will recreate the ini file with its own config file. Its a possibility it is the ini file. Only way to know for sure is if your issue happens again, delete the config file first, if that resolves the issue. Then you know the true problem child.
Well... what i mean is deleting everything from the Minimap folder first, restart POE. If that doesnt fix, rename the production_config.ini to production_config.ini.old. Restart. Then rename the .credentials file and try again. Only other files in the main root there should be any of your .filter files.
Last edited by Tergen on Mar 7, 2016, 11:22:59 PM
"
ethion21 wrote:

worked for me

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info