Beating Nemesis without rares or uniques

"
Legatus1982 wrote:
-snip-

Yeah he could be lying. But then he streamed act 3 Scepter fight twice in his blue gears so it's legit. You should review your chars if you still die at Dominus (minus desync deaths).

I had completely forgotten about my promise to make a pdf.
Sorry its late on this.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/x6a693

I've left PoE as of late. I sort of feel like I've gotten all the enjoyment out of that I can.
I'm not upset with the development the game is going in or anything. I feel like I've just played it long enough. Maybe I'll comeback once new content is added.

I still read the community forum from time to time and maybe its just me being optimistic but I see ALOT LESS threads complaining about gear than before. Maybe I actually changed the community for the better! Maybe not! I hope I did some good!

There seems to be some people who believe what I did is an elaborate ruse (I dont know what you think my motive would be). To these people I have a message. I really don't care about you. What I did on my adventure was primary for my own enjoyment. Helping out bad players learn the ropes or just entertaining them with my writing was important also. I've always been willing to answer questions or give advice (and I still am).

There will always be players that refuse to learn, even if you hand them a giant wall of text saying exactly how to play better. I already streamed my dominus kill twice. I'm sure if I did it a third time people would find excuse. Scrubs will always find an excuse to NOT IMPROVE.

Anyway its been lots of fun with you guys!
Most of those people already gave up an quit. IMO.
http://slysherz.blogspot.com
This thread inspired me to play a character I had been afraid to try out, since I couldn't find any up-to-date or affordable builds for a frost crit witch. I was too afraid of making a mistake, and of having a character that couldn't solo high level maps.

But now I've made a competent level 50 witch with a tree I designed myself. This is so much more fun than playing painting by numbers! To hell if it doesn't work in the end. I'm having more fun than I ever have, and I'm a better player for it too.

Half my equipment pieces are blue, and they have way better stats than nearly all the uniques I find.
Last edited by flounder on Feb 20, 2014, 1:31:37 AM
A most impressive feat!
This thread put a special smile on my face, especially when we were being bombarded with legacy QQ a few days ago.

Reminds me of D2 IronMans, in a way.

Keep shining brightly you crazy bastard, never change!
Oblivious
http://www.twitch.tv/outzonestream
Where's NotRegrets past broadcasts? Why wasn't this highlighted? I wanted to see the fights.
"
kasub wrote:
"
The fact that everyone says it can't be done, that people with uniques in every slot die all the time, and that damage can scale up to several hundred times your base life should tell you he's full of shit. But whatever, you guys being sheep won't affect my life.

Uh you realize people farm dominus regularly, right?.. I farmed him with a self found character, it's nothing too special.

Who are these people who say he can't be done?... How in the world does he scale several hundred times your base life?

You're horribly misinformed. Actually play the game before you toss insults at everyone and call Notregret a liar after he worked on this topic so much.

Indeed. I was terrified to try merciless Dom because of all the stuff people said about him. Once I ripped, I went to try him on softcore and was able to 1shot him without ever going to town. Not much of a challenge.
http://i.imgur.com/8fqgfAh.png
I have nothing but best wishes for NoRegret and respect what he did and how he did it. What pisses me off is the people, GGG staff included, that use this example as evidence to support what ever claim they want to make about the state of the game.

People play with different rule sets. And many will play with rule sets that seem far more restrictive than most people play with.

That doesn't mean that people who play differently are necessarily going to have it easier.

It's my personal belief that this accomplishment illustrates how powerful trading is, and why the game is balanced around the idea that you should trade for items to have any chance of beating the game. The test of this belief would be to play blue only/self found. I'm not up for that type of punishment.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
I have nothing but best wishes for NoRegret and respect what he did and how he did it. What pisses me off is the people, GGG staff included, that use this example as evidence to support what ever claim they want to make about the state of the game.

People play with different rule sets. And many will play with rule sets that seem far more restrictive than most people play with.

That doesn't mean that people who play differently are necessarily going to have it easier.

It's my personal belief that this accomplishment illustrates how powerful trading is, and why the game is balanced around the idea that you should trade for items to have any chance of beating the game. The test of this belief would be to play blue only/self found. I'm not up for that type of punishment.

Since we're talking about magical items, this is very doable without trading, in probably double of the time, but still doable. Now that we have flameblast is should be even easier, since it can nuke everything and doesn't require specific gear (like ST that OP used)

Just pick up any magic/rare/unique items and make alts out of it, the life + 25% res roll will happen
Last edited by Mahesys on Feb 21, 2014, 10:21:05 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info