What's Your Barrage Build?!

Looking for a decent build that builds around Barrage. Gimme your thought's

Cheers!
bump
Barrage's way too weak. Can't even imagine how it may be used.
After seeing it can be used on wands, it came to my mind using it along Power Charge on critical and Diamond flasks. Anyway, waiting for some build advices based on it.
Im just starting out on kind of a dualist shotgun barrage...thing...

Really its just for testing, and I do need a bow character since the demise of my elemental shadow bow.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQBAdwB5wR-BS0LYRQgFfAXHRrbIWAhdiP2KaUshTGeMfoyfjKUNZI26DpSOlg6szrhPs9AoEGHSn1N404qUEdRR1b6WK9aGlpIW69gS2EhZ6Bqk25pdEF07XTxdud293fXeA16738ChO-HGYd2iPGNfY1-kAqVBZstnrmezZ_LpBmkwqZXpuCnMKluqn-quKxZtfK2Qbc-t7a95r6KvqfAD8qpzZjSTdXt2cbdDeLq52PuDu_w8kX3vvlj-ej8xf4K_o8=

Basically im picking up point blank, IR, IG, lots of life the standard issue affair really.

Unknown if hitting master of the arena to shortcut and hit another regen is worth it.

Also unknown is if ill hit the life leech and fire damage over in the marauder area, I may just go there for the IG.

Planning to use barrage (unsure on links...extra projectiles, added fire damage, life leech..) buff will be anger as my single target of course.

Ill probably use split arrow as my shotgun and barrage as my single target...depending on how well barrage works i may drop split arrow. Second thought ice shot seems interesting as a point blank splash damage alternative.

Only reason i chose dualist is because ill actually get barrage, im closer to iron grip and the essential scion like mega wheel, also i have a nice mana regen for early game skill spam, close to point blank.

I thought about doing a shadow, lightning damage buffed barrage but figured str/life offered by dualist would be far better...but then im thinking the easy crit nodes, life leech, and possibly vaals pact might be doable even if i lack access to the scion mega life node (maybe i could hit it?)

Im sure the passive tree spec i plotted out will change but just my thoughts and early plan.

Any feedback will be appreciated btw.

just for try, for see and for know
Last edited by CapitalPunishment on Dec 11, 2013, 11:38:13 AM
I personally had the same in mind but what if you used ROA instead of Split arrow for aoe?
I've found out, that a Quill Rain, Barrage CoC Build would be really, really effective. and you could even go down point blank for a really effective single target Barrage.
"
iDaeK wrote:
I personally had the same in mind but what if you used ROA instead of Split arrow for aoe?

well im actually thinking ice shot for the aoe.

im not sure how roa works with point blank, or if it even does at all.

haven't gotten barrage yet, so im not sure how it works up close point blank and if it will spray enough to hit multiple close range targets ect.

i actually hate split arrow, i always just end up shooting mobs off screen and its so boring. so i want to try to avoid it...but then im not sure if the shotgun effect with point blank will change that outlook.
Because it fires 4 Arrows...isn't 160% of base damage total?

-Crit Pierce Barrage sounds pretty good to me.
...and Chain or fork for more AoE.
"
Epsilon2012 wrote:
Because it fires 4 Arrows...isn't 160% of base damage total?

-Crit Pierce Barrage sounds pretty good to me.
...and Chain or fork for more AoE.

i think the video said that skills that would otherwise add splitting or aoe would instead add more single fire projectiles...my guess is that barrage is going to stay a single target attack aside from the spray effect at range.

need to test it out to see if its spray effect at range makes it viable as a longer range aoe.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info