What's Your Barrage Build?!

ive been playing with barrage, came up with a build that looks good on paper, just lvling my char atm

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAACGfyl5M6m129J6iaGDxaUvnoSsg_JypNS0nrLMAZks0NAqxHkvMZhspKb57DOoMJm7VWLUZxGYoi6qx_tAzhiPsJ6NZrJJMnHar22psmX-HcVxzc_kkaj6OKMgGV6R6Un3t_xgX5shnwQqw_eLoRlqKjFfDPeg-rcLvB8_ljOljndG1s2RNtGYIeGtsEfmHitUgvb0V-2wvuDocZh9ttew5cI_ZW-utjVUsQdO_wdEH8xZmaJpUI9FpId9ekwmegtveLepUFh3YRL6cr2cZKfTKUfwKm4A==

basically its a shotgun aura tank
Hmmm, build looks interesting.
So far my skills are pretty standard. Point Blank, IR. Some health. I'm using a 4l Death's Harp so I get another projectile without a damage hit from LMP, using Physical Projectile Damage, Faster Attacks, and Life Gain on Hit to keep a steady stream of arrows that heal me. I'm also building some crit with lightning damage so if I roll a crit then the initial arrow shocks them and the follow up cut them down pretty fast.
Barrage seems to be a really nice single target attack. Built in multistrike aswell.
http://tinyurl.com/mycgvs6
Alright, so this is a pretty standard go-to build. At lvl 89, this build has 270% life, a decent amount of damage, and 5.4% life regen. From then on, you can stack more life or damage without having to travel very far. Any thoughts? it seemed like a pretty solid build to me
For CoC, dagger+ST is much more practical, u get 300% more critical chance & better gem configuration opportunity:

barrage = chain+gmp. Without GMP, 4 projectiles are laughable, resulting in grand total of 12 hits at most.
st = gmp and it pierces automatically, hitting multiple times

The only way I see barrage as a better CoC proccer skill is vs single target.

Forget about QR - 3.11 aps, 5% cc, meanwhile, daggers can get 1.6+aps, 10%+ cc + natural crit+spell dmg. Even wands don't stand close because of specialized crit passives (dagger + 3 1H crit nodes templar side).

Dagger:
http://poebuilder.com/#character/AAAAAgYAAnEC_gQHBLMFfQ5ID8QRlhRNFm8WvxmFGjgabB8CJDwkqiaVJ6kpTy0fNns2xTbpOtg7fELDSTtJUUyzTdhQMFVLVcZW6lnzWm1apl3yXvph4mKsY0NmT20ZbXtwUnBWcNV_xoFJgW-CHoKbhX2H24hCjDaMdo5kj0aP-pAbkFWSfZhvmhOdo52qna6ePKIAoqOnCKdcp4SyOLQ4tKO1SLb6uMrAGsBRwfPPZdDQ1U_Wndgk2wvbXtvU3Mfed9-E42rjhOQi5Rnlz-w48B_yHfPq96b79fyr

Wand:
http://poebuilder.com/#character/AAAAAgYAAnEC_gQHBLMOSA_EEZYUTRZvFr8XVBmFGjgabB8CIoEkPCSqJpUnqSlPLR82ezbFNuk62Dt8QsNJO0lRTLNN2FAwVUtVxlptWqZd8l76YeJirGNDZk9tGW17cFJw1X_GgUmBb4IegpuFfYfbiEKMNox2jjyOZI9Gj_qQVZ2jnaqdrp48ogCio6cIp1ynhLI4tDi0o7VItvq4ysBRwfPPZdDQ1U_Wndgk2wvbXtzH3nffhONq44TkIuUZ7DjwH_Id8-r3pvv1_Ks=

Of course, in second build one could slightly compensate crit with 5-6 points to the circle at the top right branch going from CI to the center & points near Bloodthirst.
Last edited by KRIGSSVIN on Dec 25, 2013, 6:35:26 AM
testing with my ranger when suddenly....

barrage+fork+equal mana regen = gattling gun for mob...

not for boss though...
Last edited by feyith on Apr 19, 2014, 5:49:59 PM
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAm42v6wgu7YMZjgBe037veiSd7g5iWiP2VvrfmO_w_MV0QZXIWkhnoHfXpMLEood2fyuVBZcG3BVKfTB81orZxiF2LYOn1FFHb_IylDH6GYr-yKq4Mww51H8Cdvf7CZu1oaSqfxnVoJ-m4Mqp9toi6lM14duNff_eGo9rJG1sJP1f4bVI51SV6W171QAV8PBCVUs6WIw2JpUEflBChxmiLg5IEZbjhKc0naqdo3C7f8bAUWKs_KvZE6KjJ6nz6nDV1p0vbw_EWm1wUjt8JDy4yqdcSVE=

My build is basically a life based crit ranger, using barrage for both single and multiple target.
Noteable keystones: point blank, ondar's guile.

The skill tree link is at 106 pts, with around 500% total increase crit chance, 240% max hp ... etc so it's pretty viable i think.

Gem setup: Beside the basic stuffs like curse (crit weakness of course), aura (hatred + grace, gonna be go pure physical dmg), cwdt slot...
- AOE: barrage + chain + loh + physical proj dmg + crit multi (6th link is not required, it's based on yourself. Personally i'll choose faster attack :D)
- Single: Barrage + loh(or life leech, need to test) + faster attack + crit multi + phys proj dmg (6th link maybe crit chance or quality additional accuracy)

Until now it's fun to play and totally strong for me, can start lvl up with pure barrage at level 31 when chain is useable. (maybe this finding is not accurate due to the OPness of low level uniques :)))

Anyway dont use add fire dmg, it seems a good thing, but stick with physical and crit stuffs is much better, at least i think so...

Since barrage give more physical damage when lvl up, it's not a good idea to go for ele damage, so stick with physical damage. If u have low budget, can go with chinsol - cheap bow that work perfectly for this shotgun build along with point blank. At close range its damage can be compare to lioneye glare :D. Anyway lioneye glare is a great choice, since u cant miss with that bow. Best thing of course will be a powerful rare harbinger bow. For leveling death harp is pretty insane even till late 50s, coz it add 1 more arrow, means 20% more real dps for barrage, along with 100% crit multi.

1 thing i'm still not sure, should i be using OG or IR.. glad those are close to each other, so it's not a a pain to switch...
Need a purpose in life...
Last edited by UncleJay69 on Apr 19, 2014, 6:44:32 AM
"
sikker wrote:
How do you get a multiplier of 700? Most nodes give like +10 multiplier.
With amulet and quiver prior to patch 1.1.0.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info