[question to GGG] PoE items on d2jsp

From what I'm reading in this thread, nearly all of you have never traded on d2jsp.

1) Claim: d2jsp is a "black market" / RMT site.

I personally traded at d2jsp for more than 3 years purely about D2 and guess what - I have never paid a single cent and I am "wealthy" in d2jsp. Contrary to belief, there is no real money trading (RMT) on that site. Someone mentioned the donor forum - yes there is a donor forum but I seriously doubt any RMT is going on inside those private forums.

However, the only "black market" part of the forum is that you can "donate" real money to get forum gold (fg) - the currency that d2jsp works with. But you can't sell the fg for real money and if you are ever caught being part of a deal like that, both parties (the buyer and the seller) are banned permanently and all fg stripped - no refunds. You can't sell the items for real money either, the site does not allow it just like it disallows selling fg for real money.

2) Claim: d2jsp has its roots in Diablo 2 hacking.

d2jsp didn't become popular because of some bot program (it's bannable to link to or hint to any hacking sites/hacks), it became popular because it brought to D2 what it sorely needed: a universal currency. That is what made d2jsp so attractive because it resembled a realistic economy. No more duped SOJs... no more bartering with whiny, annoying kids who think their item is the best in the game. d2jsp is exactly what D2 needed.

3) Claim: The selling of beta keys hurts GGG and steals GGG of cash. (note: this is

No. Just no. If there weren't so many beta keys to begin with, GGG would have more cash. A lot of donor levels (silver, gold, etc) have a lot of beta keys to give out and because of all of those beta keys, GGG doesn't get as much money. Because of this, GGG most likely tuned the package prices to be in line with what they want to get in relation to the free beta keys as well. Silver would've probably been a lot cheaper if there were no beta keys attached to it. Not to mention everyone, their dog, their sister, and their grandma got free beta keys throughout the CB. That is just GGG being generous with beta keys and not requiring everyone to buy a Supporter package to get the beta key. GGG has given out so many free keys that sold keys on d2jsp are in the very, very small minority.

4) Claim: d2jsp economy will ruin PoE economy.

Observe #2...this is why no one here should care about d2jsp. PoE does not have the same issue as D2 where ingame gold became totally worthless and unused for most things. PoE does not have that problem due to currency items. Those currency items act as ingame currency and this model is working for PoE. d2jsp won't be used as much due to this.

5) Closing comments.

I do find it stupid that d2jsp expanded to other games instead of being exclusive to D2. I do not support that part of d2jsp.

This whole thread is dildos.
Last edited by nakieon on Jan 21, 2013, 3:41:55 PM
Every even semi-popular multiplayer game has RMT trading going on in one form or another, and there is absolutely nothing GGG or any game studio can do to stop that, only to reduce or minimize it. If you get rid of Gold then equipment and currency items will be traded and sold. If you remove trading completely, then accounts will be sold. There are no exceptions to this.

My personal preferred solution is a Cut-Throat league with full loot PvP. That way, good/skillful players can simply take the loot from those who purchased it.
d2jsp is a horrible community that flames you for nothing, and scams are so common that they have a dedicated forum for /scam repayment/.

it is the bad neighborhood that you have to buy and sell your stuff at, because its the only site for it.

i couldn't even post this on jsp because they would ban me for criticizing the site.

many popular scammers are now moderators which have extreme power.

i forgot to call d2jsp a cesspool, had to edit that in.
Last edited by janome21 on Jan 21, 2013, 3:46:20 PM
"
clyclythesly wrote:

My personal preferred solution is a Cut-Throat league with full loot PvP. That way, good/skillful players can simply take the loot from those who purchased it.

Good luck doing that while that camp you in act 1 soon as you spawn you die.

JSP is not an "evil" site but brought balance to the d2 world. Thats where it should of ended but, if you were the owned and had a chance to make money off of the site wouldent you?

The end all solution is *drum roooooollllll* Play hardcore, no bots no inflation no perm godly items. Takes skill to play.

in jsp there are donor forums where people to trade FG for real life goods, but 99% of the time it is 100% unreleated to games. Or so I was told....

I for one will not use jsp for poe since poe is amazing and they deserve all the support they can get.
Twitch.tv/Nithryok
Last edited by Nithryok on Jan 21, 2013, 3:51:03 PM
"
nakieon wrote:
2) Claim: d2jsp has its roots in Diablo 2 hacking.

d2jsp didn't become popular because of some bot program

Yes it did.

As someone who was actually around that site at the time, you can see the site's roots on WayBack just fine: d2jsp.org. D2JSP was actually one of my main inspirations for learning what I know now when it comes to that stuff.

The fact they never changed their name after the transition just adds insult to injury over the hypocrisy of the current name (of course, in my opinion).

I don't blame them though, once you have a brand and people know it, you don't have to start from scratch. Just look at napster for example. What they are today, doesn't take away from what they were in the past. Their roots, as well as d2jsps, are undeniable, even if what they represent today is totally different.
Actually there is alot of Publicity going on on d2jsp for this game. I've seen alot of users posting topics and that brought me here. I liked the game so I donated 25$ and another 15$ for my Brother so we could explore the game before the OB starts.

As far as I am concerned about this issue, d2jsp increases the popularity of PoE since most of the users there are exactly the people GGG needs to reach. It started with D2 and I consider this game the next LvL of what I've experienced in that game.

Sure people are Selling Beta keys there. But not for money, neither for a big profit. And They obtained these keys from GGG to start with. They rather use it to get more people to play the game. It's PR for the game. And if only 10% of them act like I did it's still beneficial for the game and it's community.

I did not like the official D3 trading forum. It sucked. I did not use the trade forum here so far, since I started only 2 weeks ago and did not see any need to do it. I like the way trades are handled on d2jsp and I already found other players to start into OB with there.

For me it's a beneficial addition to the Forums here.

Cheers.
I want a Ninja armor for my shadow.

I like Turtles.
Holy hell. The sheer volume is misinformation and people having no clue what d2jsp is about is overwhelming. The vast majority of people that will use FG to buy poe items will be getting that FG from selling poe items. Its no different than you selling a sword for a gcp then trading that gcp for some other item. get your panties out of a knot and calm down.
The item linking system for the forum is insanely useful in my opinion, and completely outclasses most game's trading system.

Pretty much it goes: small item: sell on trade chat. big item: make a two day thread on forums and easily sell for 10+ gcp. one click linking of items onto forums is so good.
"
RottenSausage wrote:
If there's anyway that the items these people will no doubt end up trying to sell for real money can be traced back to the owner they should be banned.

I'd imagine that's going to be impossible though.

Maybe GGG should try and contact the people who run that site and respectfully request they remove the PoE trading section.

Again, it's not going to happen is it.....

real money?

wtf do you dumbnooobs think jsp is?
(سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س
"
RitualMurder wrote:
"
RottenSausage wrote:
If there's anyway that the items these people will no doubt end up trying to sell for real money can be traced back to the owner they should be banned.

I'd imagine that's going to be impossible though.

Maybe GGG should try and contact the people who run that site and respectfully request they remove the PoE trading section.

Again, it's not going to happen is it.....

real money?

wtf do you dumbnooobs think jsp is?

buy fg -> buy items.

tell me how that isn't RM trade?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info