[question to GGG] PoE items on d2jsp

People will definitely use it and GGG probably won't be able to stop them.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
+1 metronomy.

money must go to GGG and not to a crappy website that trade in-game stuff for RL cash.GGG seem one of the few(if not,only) company that really want to make the game better and not just profit.i really hope ppl will understand that and support this game.

"
Metronomy wrote:
Any keys you buy on d2jsp is taking money away from GGG and making the game worse (money that GGG receive goes towards development of the game, money that d2jsp receives does not)

If you use d2jsp, be aware that this is what you are doing. Also, if you happen to get scammed GGG wont be able to help you or refund your scammed purchase (just like any 3rd party website)

True, maybe you might not get banned for using d2jsp (I have no idea about that), but that is not the point. The point is the game just got worse because of what you did

Umm the people buying keys on jsp most likely couldn't afford to buy them with real money, and used fg they got by selling stuff in other games (d2/d3/wow/gw/etc), not purchased from jsp.
I sold ~50 keys on jsp that I bought from early access packs (figured I'd eventually want the GGGold anyways, and wasn't really interested in any packs higher than bronze).
If anything, these people were given an ability (via jsp) to support GGG in some way despite not having the real money to contribute directly.
IGN: Jerk, Princess

http://orbswap.info - the easy way to trade currency
"
Metronomy wrote:
Any keys you buy on d2jsp is taking money away from GGG and making the game worse (money that GGG receive goes towards development of the game, money that d2jsp receives does not)

If you use d2jsp, be aware that this is what you are doing. Also, if you happen to get scammed GGG wont be able to help you or refund your scammed purchase (just like any 3rd party website)

True, maybe you might not get banned for using d2jsp (I have no idea about that), but that is not the point. The point is the game just got worse because of what you did

I think this is an overlooked "side effect" of using sites like d2jsp, and I completely agree. Every cent you spend on d2jsp is a cent you don't spend on GGG, a cent that is not spent on making the game better. Instead it goes to someone who has done nothing to deserve that money, he is leeching off of an indie company.

And in my eyes there is little that could be worse in respect to this game. And yes, I don't mind admitting, I harbour a barely bridled hatred to people who use this and similar platforms.
12/12/12 - the day Germany decided boys are not quite human.
I don't see a problem as long as d2jsp is used to trade stuff in the same way the PoE forums can be used.
Selling items for real money - that's where the problem is. Honestly, it's probably not possible to prevent it.
Saying that it's taking money away from GGG is dumb, there's no difference between someone giving their spare keys away to friends or random beggars on the forum or selling them for fg on d2jsp, it's not selling them for real money. One could have even sold one to someone who then liked the game so much they became a diamond supporter for all you know.

At the end of they day, there's very little that can be done to stop people trading keys or items via third party sites, best just to forget about it rather than get all worked up about it since the more topics there are about the site the more people are likely to head over and check it out.
Last edited by RandallPOE on Jan 21, 2013, 3:50:29 AM
It should be illegal tho. First I heard of this D2JSP and i went to have a look for fun. Someone selling 60+ orbs of regret for D2JSP currency(which will get deleted btw). Currency that you have to buy with real cash. Even if that currency can't be transfered into your bank account, it is still D2JSP making money off GGG.

I don't think anything can be done about it, but if your caught doing it, you should be permabanned right away.
The views in this read definitely represent our opinions on the matter. We will not allow people to discuss external trades on our forum, and we'll do what we can to discourage external trades entirely.

One way we can stop sites like d2jsp being attractive is to offer better trade tools ourselves. If people can link items and complete trades on our forums (without having to load the game), it'll be a lot more convenient than using d2jsp.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
Chris wrote:
The views in this read definitely represent our opinions on the matter. We will not allow people to discuss external trades on our forum, and we'll do what we can to discourage external trades entirely.

One way we can stop sites like d2jsp being attractive is to offer better trade tools ourselves. If people can link items and complete trades on our forums (without having to load the game), it'll be a lot more convenient than using d2jsp.

Well, i think alot of the reasons people would use 3rd party sites like d2jsp etc is to sell and buy stuff for real money, not because its inconvenient to trade on this forum or ingame. So it wont really help to improve trade on these forums.

Id assume trading stuff for real money on the forums here or ingame would be "illegal" ?
Last edited by Prozon on Jan 21, 2013, 4:24:54 AM
I only ever use JSP when I'm quitting a game and going to another, to get a headstart in that other game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info