[question to GGG] PoE items on d2jsp

"
Prozon wrote:

Well, i think alot of the reasons people would use 3rd party sites like d2jsp etc is to sell and buy stuff for real money, not because its inconvenient to trade on this forum or ingame.

But you can't buy or sell stuff for real money on there
"
RandallPOE wrote:
"
Prozon wrote:

Well, i think alot of the reasons people would use 3rd party sites like d2jsp etc is to sell and buy stuff for real money, not because its inconvenient to trade on this forum or ingame.

Lol is this true? I never used the site but I always thought you could buy items for real money there. If that's not the case, there's nothing to worry about.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
There seems to be some confusion here. I get that ggg are against jsp, and I fully support and respect that, but people who are saying that it takes money away from ggg either don't understand how it works, or aren't thinking it through. Also buying and selling in game items for actual money is firmly against their rules.

It ruins the game because it makes it effectively pay to win, but it doesn't take away revenue that would have gone to ggg. The whole point is that they don't sell in game items in the first place.
"
RandallPOE wrote:
"
Prozon wrote:

Yeah you can, purchasing forum gold with real money, buying things irl with forum gold earnt etc. Friends of mine did it all the time - I won't touch it personally.
The way I see it, the black market will always exist. Try to stop it all you want - futility.

I strongly believe the best thing to do for GGG is simply put on their "hard-line" face - it's illegal, frowned upon, against the spirit of the game etc in an effort to minimize it.

They're not losing money on 3rd party site item->$$ trading afaik, and provided gaming systems themselves aren't designed around their existence, its effect upon your average player will be minimal.

It's more botting I'm concerned about - what's stopping people from running hundreds of bots farming low-level areas for orbs and completely destroying the "orb-finding" portion of the game for legitimate players?
Last edited by Salogel on Jan 21, 2013, 5:06:23 AM
I check that site and there is a guy selling characters names like wilsonjay, valium, wilsonchris, walmartemployee.... lol what a hell selling names??
If there's a chance people will buy it, there'll be someone somewhere willing to sell it ;)
"
RandallPOE wrote:
"
Prozon wrote:

Well, i never used d2jsp so i don't know, but there WILL be sites around where you can buy and sell stuff for real money. This happend's with every popular game.
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
RandallPOE wrote:
"
Prozon wrote:

Lol is this true? I never used the site but I always thought you could buy items for real money there. If that's not the case, there's nothing to worry about.

Well not strictly true, it uses an alternative currency called forum gold, which you can buy from the owners of the site for real money. But these days you'd be silly to do that since there's so much of it around, the main way people get it is just trading stuff from other games, so you could go sell all your shit from D2, D3, WoW, Hello Kitty Island Adventure or whatever for fg and then buy stuff for the game you wanted with that fg.

I guess you could sell that fg for real money also rather than trading but you'd have to do that elsewhere.
"
Chris wrote:
The views in this read definitely represent our opinions on the matter. We will not allow people to discuss external trades on our forum, and we'll do what we can to discourage external trades entirely.

One way we can stop sites like d2jsp being attractive is to offer better trade tools ourselves. If people can link items and complete trades on our forums (without having to load the game), it'll be a lot more convenient than using d2jsp.

Winner!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info