Elemental Buzzsaw & Static Strike - Solo the entire game, quickly and cheaply 1.1.0 update

tacodisco,

I too have been looking for a way to make this build a bit more tanky, but without butchering Mathil's ingenious tree too much. Your suggestions look sound - I am curious to see what Mathil thinks of them. Phase Acrobatics makes sense to me, but using THAT many points for Ondar's just doesn't sit right with me. I'd love to test your CWDT - Enduring Cry - Immortal Call - Molten shell combo against those darned bomb throwers, but getting 4 reds on anything would require me to get some hybrid gear as well. Thanks a ton for the suggestion though!

Mathil,
just wanted to report I am still loving your build, and still successful with it. Am now level76 and did my first 71-72 maps ever yesterday! Yay :)
4.2k HP now, dmg is around 4k with LMP, plenty for now. My gear is decent I guess, considering I spent less than 1 ex on everything combined (I just spent what I found levelling this char).

Just one question really: Going to upgrade my chest soon. Of course I'd like a 6L but that is out of the question, sadly. Right now I'm using a pure evasion 5L and was unable to get RRRGG on it, blew like 150 chroms and I am not trying asgain, lol ^^
So I have been using Faster Attacks instead of WEP for most of the game.

How big will the difference in DPS be from faster attacks vs. WEP? Just trying to decide whether to get an all evasion based chest or go hybrid (there are some nice cheap-ish chests with <300 armor and >1000 ev).

Thanks!

PS: Also got your seraph weapon effect - tooltip DPS hasn't changed, but my subjective DPS has doubled - so cool lol
therealjcool -

Yeah it might sound bad to waste so much pt's for Ondar's Guile, but i felt that i had enough points at ~85 for that. And oh god, it was worth more than any other Passive i ever got.
There's literally 100% chance to evade all Projectile attacks with grace. There's alot of annoying Projectile attacks out there as well as some spells and you will be just amazed how good it will be :).

Yeah RRRR would be pretty hard for ev/ar item and impossible for pure ev item. But it's possible to get on ev/ar item, i was going to do so, but i found perfect/cheap pure AR gloves so i use them now;p I only lost ~300EV and 1% evasion chance.

And i also got this AR/EV chest for sale cheap if you are interested ;)
Spoiler

Only problem would be that you need high lvl/pretty expensive items to make this work, but it's totally worth it, for me atleast.
Some Projectile attacks that i really really wanted to evade and do now:
Poison Arrows
Ice Arrows
Stun.. Arrows
Devourers fireballz

P.S This is just my opinion, i'm not saying it's better than Mathil's original build in any way, his build is amazing. But this is my personal decision on what more Tankier/Hardcore build would look like and fits me perfectly on Domination since i loose attention easily and don't like to die accidentally at 90+.
Last edited by tacodisco on Jan 14, 2014, 7:47:25 AM

I will probably go for Ondar's Guile next since i need lots of Dex to use this sword so i can replace my current rings that +Dex with something else better

Also, i'm only at level 80 now and will take me another 6 levels to get Ondar's Guile
"
tacodisco wrote:
therealjcool -

Yeah it might sound bad to waste so much pt's for Ondar's Guile, but i felt that i had enough points at ~85 for that. And oh god, it was worth more than any other Passive i ever got.
There's literally 100% chance to evade all Projectile attacks with grace. There's alot of annoying Projectile attacks out there as well as some spells and you will be just amazed how good it will be :).

Yeah RRRR would be pretty hard for ev/ar item and impossible for pure ev item. But it's possible to get on ev/ar item, i was going to do so, but i found perfect/cheap pure AR gloves so i use them now;p I only lost ~300EV and 1% evasion chance.

And i also got this AR/EV chest for sale cheap if you are interested ;)
Spoiler

Only problem would be that you need high lvl/pretty expensive items to make this work, but it's totally worth it, for me atleast.
Some Projectile attacks that i really really wanted to evade and do now:
Poison Arrows
Ice Arrows
Stun.. Arrows
Devourers fireballz

P.S This is just my opinion, i'm not saying it's better than Mathil's original build in any way, his build is amazing. But this is my personal decision on what more Tankier/Hardcore build would look like and fits me perfectly on Domination since i loose attention easily and don't like to die accidentally at 90+.

How have your experiences dealing with elemental reflect been? Can you kill packs of 15-20 enemies with -max and reflect without watching your lifepool dive? How about -max double reflect? I had really contemplated this route when I first saw this build. Acrobatics itself as Mathil has done is an effective minimalist way to achieve the mitigation via avoidance that this build needs to function, but if I ever go acrobatics, I like to get phase, and ondars for the full package. Going down to Ondar's also opens up one of the 8/8/12 life node packs, which is nice.
"
tacodisco wrote:
I'll share some of my thought's about this build.

First off, this is purely amazing build, thanks alot Mathil. I've tried alot of different builds up to 85, and so far, this ele ST build was the best for soloing stuff as i don't really like running in groups especially on Domination with group full of squishy DPS'ers.

Atm i'm lvl87, hitting 88 in few hours. I soloed every map in-game so far without any problems.
My DPS is atm only 10k, but i have way worse wep than Mathil, altho i'm on halfway crafting max ele dmg/speed sword on Domination, making it nr1. With a new sword i hope to get around 15k DPS.

My Health is 5.3k, at around 95 as Mathil i'll prbly have 6k+ as well, have some stuff to change.

However i thought that this spec is still a little squishy on doing 75+ maps till you hit ~90 and some epic gear, so i decided to do some changes to build and... What seems so far, made this spec totally Immortal. So far this worked out amazingly, i soloed every map w/o any problems and worries at all, even Physical Damage is easy now. I think this would be perfect build for Nemesis/Hardcore league. These are changes i made:

1. First off i decided to add Phase Acrobatics to dodge some 1hit k.o spells and it's just perfect, with this you basically can facetank Dominus lightning and more..

2. Then i decided to try adding Ondar's Guile and i think this was my best decision ever.. This one seriously made this build Immortal. It's basically 100% chance to avoid Projectiles now. Annoying arrows bypass you and Devourer's fire Projectile misses you. Also with this you Really facetank 71/77 Piety's arrows. You could just go afk, they don't hit you anymore.

After all those changes this was just perfect build, but i still had few problems with Undying Evangelists and their Phys Dmg bombs and other Phys Dmg mobs. When they managed to hit they hit hard.. and that could be deadly with alot of them around. Especially scary were Evangelists were you had to jump into pack of 20 mobs to kill them. This is how i fixed this problem:

3. Instead of culling, i've put CWDT - Enduring Cry - Immortal Call - Molthen Shell in my gloves. And this is just amazing. When alot of Phys Dmg mobs hit u at once you get Immortal Call for 2-3 Seconds and Molten Shell instantly blocking all Phys Dmg and if mobs are still alive, you've got enough damage taken for another round of Immortal Call to be activated.

This is how my Passive Tree looks right now with changes i made if anyone is interested:
Tanky variant of Mathil's build
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAA5YEswW1EZYUTRcvGYoaOBqPHNwdFB2qIuokPCSwJ6kn7S2DL28wcTB8MZ4yCTKJNZI26TpCOuE7KDwtRnFJUUrIS3hN41FHVcZV1lfiWfNaUlptYENk52aebEZuPW6qb55wu3Jscql35XzZfyt_xoCkgwmG0Yjxjb-PRpBVkyeXBptdm7WiAKZXp1ynhKiaqW6sWayqtAy18rc-u-PAGsM6xKLE9saixq7KSs3qz2XQ0NQj1orZE92o4Yjjaudj6NbsOPJF8pf22vrS-wn-Cv6P_ro=

And so far this has been perfect Immortal build without any disadvantages.

I will post some videos later showing amazing tanking capabilities of this spec.

And one more time, Thanks again Mathil for this amazing build.

Cheers,
Cartmanberg

This is a nice variant. You can make it even better though. Since you decided to drop Inner Force you can fine tune the tree by not moving up to Purity of Flesh. That's 5 passives.

You can add 2% More life, 8% more chaos resist and Elemental Adaptation (lose 30 int). Or if you forego EA 8% more life.
Or you can add attack speed if you don't want life and/or chaos and/or EA by moving up to haste in the shadow area and the nodes near scion. etc. etc.

What's really interesting is the trade off. Trading IF for phase acrobatics and the aforementioned increases (with minus 30-50int). It's quite a dps tradeoff.. I may look into that more.

Pacific (GMT -8) Time
Last edited by Madcow1120 on Jan 14, 2014, 11:28:58 AM
Madcow1120 -

That's pretty awesome idea, thanks! Changed my tree, it's even better now.

P.S With current tree and 242 eDPS sword with 2.00 speed i have 10.3k dps, it seems enough for me:) And with 300+edps sword 2.16 speed ill have around ~15k dps on ST, i think that's more than enough, IF would be abit overkill in my opinion. But it's just me, i prefer being abit tankier than squishy all-out dps.

Morael -

I made very short video example of double-reflect on some 73 map, uploading atm. Will make other vids about what u asked later ;p Video is from Low 73 map since RNG trolled me again and from 77-78 pool i was thrown back to 73 pool which is also ending already lol.. 72 here i come.
Anyway i'm uploading video atm, will update this post soon..

Double Reflect 73 map
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5AikFWGFtU

At the end killing Extra Proj Voidbearer boss.
Last edited by tacodisco on Jan 14, 2014, 12:24:53 PM
no prob, glad it works out for you.
Thanks for the vid very nice.

How high are you leveling your CWDT?
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
Madcow1120 -

I left my CWDT at 12, Enduring/Immortal 12, Molten Shell 14. I thought that this fits me perfectly, lower is too small Duration and Higher would be way to high damage to take compared to 0.5sec Duration increase, so middle one fits me better.
Plz keep updated that tanky version build its exact what I was looking for. Also i want high lvl videa and the tree after your modification plz
SHOP : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/682434
I got Oro's Sacrafice yesterday when my friend was running the Unique Mountain Ledge map, lucky me :). I was pretty amazed at how my Frenzy stacks just stayed cap because of its unique effect, I'm going to try a variation of your passive tree because its so effective with running multiple auras. I'm currently planning to run the following auras:
Grace
Determination
Anger
Vitality
Purity of Fire
Purity of Lightning

The build has around 200% max hp but my armor should exceed 15k at all times because of the Grace + Determination combination and I'm probably going to run Lightning Coil because of the extra damage mitigation, not to mention I'm running the purity anyway.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info