Elemental Buzzsaw & Static Strike - Solo the entire game, quickly and cheaply 1.1.0 update

Anyone use the Three Dragons helm for this build?
"
VernoInferno wrote:
Anyone use the Three Dragons helm for this build?

This build is RT and plus Three Dragons wouldn't do anything useful at all for a build that already does both fire and lightning if you are thinking about shock stacking.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Thank you so much for this build Mathil! It was the first build that got me into real PoE endgame. For me it provided the right mix of survivability and damage output.

I got to Level 94 yesterday doing mostly solo 77-78s since level 92. Killed Atziri at level 92 because i was trying to obtain most of my gear through finding my own upgrades.

I was amazed how cheap this build is in terms of gearing! Since i found a good 2.06 AS weapon on my first character in Ambush the weapon wasn´t an issue. The weapon i am using right now cost me 4ex. Hardest part was to farm the Alpha´s Howl and the 6L i bought (19ex total). Although it´s important to mention that the 6L wasn´t important. This build performs well enough without it.

My jewellery was surprisingly cheap. I made a really great deal on the amulet (1c) and the Gold Ring (5c). After i found the armour shield, i stopped using a Saphell´s Frame and changed the amulet for a Stone of Lazhwar (corrupted 7 iAS 20c). This in combination with the block nodes (Phalanx) near the aura nodes (Sovereignty) at the Templar area was huge boost to survivability! You basically trade +4% to max resists for the chance to block attacks and keep Spellblock through Stone of Lazhwar.

My gear
Spoiler

The Prismatic Ring was my first crafting project. Exalted Accuracy, Rarity, Energy Shield.

Before Atziri dropped the boots i used. They dropped pretty early in the league without life. I yolo-exalted the life roll.

Amulet before switching shields

I did not buy any quality gems! All gems are either dropped by boxes and then upgraded with GCPs or leveled twice, using the 20% vendor recipe. So all in all i spent around 30ex on the build as it is right now. Considering how expensive other Atziri viable builds are, i think this counts as a budget build!

Skilltree
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAdECcQSzDH0QfxGWFE0WbxcvGYUZihoyGjgabBqPHNwdFB2qI_YkPCSqJLAmlSepKPoqWy2DL28yiTbpPI5GcUlRSn1RYFM1VUtVxlXWVvpXyVfiWfNaSFptZOdmnmegbWxte2-ecH1wu3Kpd-V82X11f8aApIMJhtGHdo9GkFWTJ5cGm42btaEiogCiQKcIp1ynhKmVrKqv67QMtDi1SLiTu-PAGsM6xKLGnspKz2XQ0NIZ037W0dkT4YjjauUZ6rrr7uw47g7veu_w8B_xdvPd9Pj22vrS-wn79fzF_ro=

Stats
Spoiler

Offense buffed. Atziri Flask

Defense buffed. Physical mitigation is around 60% with endurance charges and Molten Shell plus Ironskin Flask

Loved the FAQs -_-
"
muhomorov wrote:
Thank you so much for this build Mathil! It was the first build that got me into real PoE endgame. For me it provided the right mix of survivability and damage output.

Yep, same here. It was the first spec that got me past that 85-90 grind where you usually lose interest due to having to map with others and spec getting stale.

The amount I was enjoying ele st paired with being able to map alone thanks to Ambush made me push to 94 quite easily and comfortably.

And yea the beauty of the spec is you just plug away and slowly your character gets better and better. Thanks to gaining passives, gem levels, gem quality, it all comes together without having to ever really buy much.

"
Roleplayer wrote:
Loved the FAQs -_-

And the FAQs loved you.
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily
"
muhomorov wrote:

I got to Level 94 yesterday doing mostly solo 77-78s since level 92. Killed Atziri at level 92 because i was trying to obtain most of my gear through finding my own upgrades.

Did you kill Atziri without immortal call + increased duration?

I really like this build and have gotten to level 56 so far. Mowing down the monsters is so much fun. I added Molten strike to the mix for single targets. My goal is to beat Atziri one time before the league ends.

Couple of things I have noticed up to now.
1. I am squishy as hell
2. Before you get the Alpha's Howl, you can only run two auras, so I chose Anger and Wrath
3. Blood Magic gems don't drop...
4. Mana is a pain in the ass from levels 20-56+
5. A 5 link is almost mandatory.
6. This is by far the funnest build I've ever played.
7. The word "cheap" is relative. For a casual gamer, 15 exalts is a lot.
8. Thanks Mathil, this is the most fun I've had playing PoE and I will be running this same build for the next league.
So I doubt I'll ever end up using a Lightning Coil now that I had this drop for me.

6L'd it with something silly like 25 fusings. Very happy with it. Now I need to figure out how to move on from here. My jewelry kinda sucks so that is probably next. I need a better foil as well, but I alc'd a passable one for now.

I tried Atziri the other night and failed horribly heh, I guess 8600 dps isn't cutting it so I'll try again once I get my gems to 20 and de-level/relevel them for that quality bonus.

I have a lot of fun with this build.
"
VernoInferno wrote:
[
Did you kill Atziri without immortal call + increased duration?

I really like this build and have gotten to level 56 so far. Mowing down the monsters is so much fun. I added Molten strike to the mix for single targets. My goal is to beat Atziri one time before the league ends.

Couple of things I have noticed up to now.
1. I am squishy as hell
2. Before you get the Alpha's Howl, you can only run two auras, so I chose Anger and Wrath
3. Blood Magic gems don't drop...
4. Mana is a pain in the ass from levels 20-56+
5. A 5 link is almost mandatory.
6. This is by far the funnest build I've ever played.
7. The word "cheap" is relative. For a casual gamer, 15 exalts is a lot.
8. Thanks Mathil, this is the most fun I've had playing PoE and I will be running this same build for the next league.

You don't need Immortal for Atziri herself, only place you really need it is second boss but then it's bad to rely on it and let the spikes chunk away at you.

1. Coil, Evasion, Acro, until you can get ~30% evasion from gear might be an idea to use Grace.
2. You can run 4 without Alpha's, you just don't have high enough Reduced mana/aura nodes
3. They are 1 chaos each :)
4. Mana pots OP
5. As is with every build, if I could kill Uber Atziri with a 2 link manual spark I would :/
7. 15 ex is to max out the build, you can do it easily with 2-3 ghetto-mode and farm up to complete it.
"
Melzas wrote:

I tried Atziri the other night and failed horribly heh, I guess 8600 dps isn't cutting it so I'll try again once I get my gems to 20 and de-level/relevel them for that quality bonus.

You have enough DPS, just need to play more smart - feel free to message me in game and I'll kill for you if you fail if you have at least 1 portal remaining :)
"
Chundadragon wrote:
"
Melzas wrote:

You have enough DPS, just need to play more smart - feel free to message me in game and I'll kill for you if you fail if you have at least 1 portal remaining :)

That's pretty much what I did, I had someone come in and clean up when two portals were left and it was the first boss that got me. I killed 1 vaal and the died meaning as soon as I walked into the room the remaining one would spam all his abilities on me giving me no chance. Up to that point the fight was pretty fun and I seemed to do rather well but the buff the living one gets when one dies is a bit much if you ask me.

My gear is pretty much all self found, I've only bought the alpha's howl.

Gear

I keep looking at foils on xyz but I never see anything that seems like a good value for the amount of ex the people want. The one I have I alc'd. Attack speed gloves never seem to drop for me so I'll upgrade to those once I find some good ones and pretty much the same with rings/amulet/belt I need to find more stuff with ele damage on it but it seems rare for me. Once I am running higher maps I hope I can snag something nice as an upgrade if I don't see anything for sale I want.

I'll probably make another run at Atziri after my gems hit 20 and I have them releveled a bit. That extra attack speed should help. Hopfully I can get it done before the league ends and they nerf the side area spawns and pretty much this entire build as well.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info