Elemental Buzzsaw & Static Strike - Solo the entire game, quickly and cheaply 1.1.0 update

"
fuaz0rz wrote:

Here is my current gear. I can run all 3 damage auras and one of the purity auras depending on the map. I do about 4.8k dps and have 3.4k hp. I have about 6ex of currency and am wondering if i should buy an alpha's or upgrade other pieces first.

Alpha's will give you huge boost so I'd try to snipe one if I were you.
"
Randomed wrote:
hey , hope no one minds me asking this but..
is this build still cheap? even without alpha's?
Prices of ele damage gear seem to have jacked up quite alot.

You can technically do without the weapon elemental damage on your rings/amulet/belt (obviously they do spike your dps tremendously) but it is doable without them. And you can fairly easily craft a sword on a budget with alts/augs/regals. But over all, this build is getting more and more expensive as it gains popularity. I was fortunate to get some good 30%+ WED stuff and a 27% ias foil fairly cheap early on, but I did have to drop 5ex on my howl. Worth it though. 8.4k dps and still rising with every level, at 84 currently.
TORMENT/BLOODLINES SHOP: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1229380

Why don't more people use windscream? Seems to fit this build pretty well, IMO.

10k dps, and I have no problems in 77 maps...though I would be more comfortable with more HP (4.1k) Thanks for the build. (I did change it a bit)
IGN: whthtecrit (Anarchy)
Retrogress (Default)
Retroscionbro (Domination)
RetroELST (Ambush)
Last edited by retrogreq on Apr 3, 2014, 11:45:35 PM
When using this spec, what would you use for single target damage, such as Dominus second phase? I'm thinking double strike or frenzy. However they would only be 4L. Also, what supports should I run on the single target skill?
"
Malifix wrote:
When using this spec, what would you use for single target damage, such as Dominus second phase? I'm thinking double strike or frenzy. However they would only be 4L. Also, what supports should I run on the single target skill?
I don't think that you need a separate skill for single target. I am doing just fine with the ST. If you want more DPS during combat you can swap LMP to faster attacks to boost your DPS.
You don't have a single target skill in this spec, it is your main ST attack. If you're wearing a 5L or want more single target in a 6L sub out the LMP when fighting bosses with something else.

If you're just talking about leveling and would like a better single target skill I think double strike is the best option. Link it with faster attacks, blood magic and wed.
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily
"
Mathil wrote:
You don't have a single target skill in this spec, it is your main ST attack. If you're wearing a 5L or want more single target in a 6L sub out the LMP when fighting bosses with something else.

If you're just talking about leveling and would like a better single target skill I think double strike is the best option. Link it with faster attacks, blood magic and wed.

This works rly good for singletarget... all 3 Spectrals hits! i got around 13k dps with 1.. and if all 6 (they come back :-) ) hits.. u have a lot singletarget dps.. more than with doublestrike! but ok with a 4L im not sure..

Gear
Last edited by equin on Apr 4, 2014, 9:36:57 AM
"
Davich wrote:
"
Randomed wrote:
hey , hope no one minds me asking this but..
is this build still cheap? even without alpha's?
Prices of ele damage gear seem to have jacked up quite alot.

You can technically do without the weapon elemental damage on your rings/amulet/belt (obviously they do spike your dps tremendously) but it is doable without them. And you can fairly easily craft a sword on a budget with alts/augs/regals. But over all, this build is getting more and more expensive as it gains popularity. I was fortunate to get some good 30%+ WED stuff and a 27% ias foil fairly cheap early on, but I did have to drop 5ex on my howl. Worth it though. 8.4k dps and still rising with every level, at 84 currently.

Yes, I too started late with this build and am stuck staring at the indexer, grumbling at rings that cost as much if not more than an alpha's howl. My solution (temporary) was alt/yolo regal'ing these:

no life seeing as I don't have any exalts/eternals.....but I still get a dps boost, and a 78/83/70 resist profile in town.
17/04/2021 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3082616/page/1
"We tell people that Path of Exile league starts are a fair playing field for everyone, and we need to actually make sure that is the reality."

A BLATANT LIE by the HMFIIC.
Perhaps GGG should consider a leadership change.
Last edited by Bjorn_Angannon on Apr 4, 2014, 9:28:50 AM
"
retrogreq wrote:
Spoiler

Why don't more people use windscream? Seems to fit this build pretty well, IMO.

10k dps, and I have no problems in 77 maps...though I would be more comfortable with more HP (4.1k) Thanks for the build. (I did change it a bit)

Probably not used due to no life and all armor (no evasion). But that extra curse is a pretty big boost on most enemies. Remember, bosses have extra resistance to curses; curses have less effect. Trash mobs are easy to mow down anyhow so..

I tend to stick to more life there and high resists. More resists on boots and shield the less I need to couple with wed and life on ring/ammy/belt
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
Finally scraped together enough for an Alpha's. woohoo. 2 jewelers, 1 fuse and 22 chroms later blammo! Set.

Now, I'm wondering how I want to do my culling skill. Up until now I was using my whirling blades to cull. Figured it was movement why not dual purpose. But that was on mana with faster attacks. So zippy. Now, I don't have enough mana to zip like that often enough.

Do I want to use a second spectral throw - gmp - cull - iir
or whirl - cull - iir - bm

with 2nd ST I can throw it 1 time every second (about) and the gmp let's me cull groups better than diving through but obviously takes up more spots.

gear (lots of upgrades still needed)
Spoiler

dps ~4.8K Life ~4.2K
level 80
Current Passive Tree
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
Last edited by Madcow1120 on Apr 4, 2014, 5:33:53 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info