Elemental Buzzsaw & Static Strike - Solo the entire game, quickly and cheaply 1.1.0 update

Very much a noob, so please be patient with me if this is dumb. Could you use essentially the same build but with Quill Rain and frenzy and/or elemental hit instead of ST? Also, how would the multiple types of magic damage affect elemental equilibrium? Why isn't it worth taking?
"
jbmcarth wrote:
Also, how would the multiple types of magic damage affect elemental equilibrium? Why isn't it worth taking?

Because you deal all three types of elemental damage at once.
"
xela7440 wrote:
"
rjmig88 wrote:
I managed to loot a soul taker and trade it for these on Ambush:

:D :D

yo just got ripped off.

Soul Taker goes for 30 ex on Ambush with several of them on http://poe.xyz.is/ sitting in peoples inventory for over a month. The 6L Lightning Coil goes for 25ex and Alpha's goes for 5ex, so I say I got a pretty sweet deal, especially since I like this spectral throw build and I could care less for any melee soul taker build.
"
rjmig88 wrote:
"
xela7440 wrote:
"
rjmig88 wrote:
I managed to loot a soul taker and trade it for these on Ambush:

:D :D

yo just got ripped off.

Soul Taker goes for 30 ex on Ambush with several of them on http://poe.xyz.is/ sitting in peoples inventory for over a month. The 6L Lightning Coil goes for 25ex and Alpha's goes for 5ex, so I say I got a pretty sweet deal, especially since I like this spectral throw build and I could care less for any melee soul taker build.

I agree, think you did a good job. Some may say to sit on the soul taker for it to rise in value possibly or that you could have gotten a little more (1-3 exalts possibly more in stuff) but you got what you needed and wanted and that is the Whole reason for trade in the game.

hoping to be able to afford an alpha's soon. Been chasing the rising cost of exalt with rng boots. Almost there. Less than a soul taker away
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
"
jbmcarth wrote:
Very much a noob, so please be patient with me if this is dumb. Could you use essentially the same build but with Quill Rain and frenzy and/or elemental hit instead of ST? Also, how would the multiple types of magic damage affect elemental equilibrium? Why isn't it worth taking?

Quill rain dramatically decreases your projectile dmg so it's only really good for CoC builds or explosive arrow builds.

If you want to make this an arrow build then just use the typical fast thicket bow. It can work in a similiar fashion. Splitarrow or LA would be advised.
Hi there,

Got a newbie question. I started this build a few days ago and was just wondering about a thing. I take a passive node that reduces the mana reserved (let´s say i pick up a node that says (5% reduced Mana reserved, however if I then look at any aura the reduced mana displayed on the tooltip only shows a reduction of 3%...how come the difference? am I missing something here?) like i said, newbie here :/

Thanks in advance for answering
"
Hondepoep wrote:
Hi there,

Got a newbie question. I started this build a few days ago and was just wondering about a thing. I take a passive node that reduces the mana reserved (let´s say i pick up a node that says (5% reduced Mana reserved, however if I then look at any aura the reduced mana displayed on the tooltip only shows a reduction of 3%...how come the difference? am I missing something here?) like i said, newbie here :/

Because it is not 60-5 = 55% reserved . It is 60-5% = 57% reserved :) ( check it on calculator and u'll see that 5% of 60 is 3 )
Wicked_Clown
Last edited by DjPapaz on Apr 3, 2014, 12:40:16 PM
"
DjPapaz wrote:
"
Hondepoep wrote:
Hi there,

Because it is not 60-5 = 55% reserved . It is 60-5% = 57% reserved :) ( check it on calculator and u'll see that 5% of 60 is 3 )

Jeez I am so stupid :P ...thanks, makes total sense of course :)
hey , hope no one minds me asking this but..
is this build still cheap? even without alpha's?
Prices of ele damage gear seem to have jacked up quite alot.
IGN: IKryal

Here is my current gear. I can run all 3 damage auras and one of the purity auras depending on the map. I do about 4.8k dps and have 3.4k hp. I have about 6ex of currency and am wondering if i should buy an alpha's or upgrade other pieces first.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info