[1.0.2]PewPewPews Official Cheap Flicker Strike build!

-
Last edited by Aidaho97 on Jan 7, 2020, 8:24:30 PM
I wonder if this build is still viable after leech nerf ?

Started it at low level wondering if i should invest the time to finish or not.
Has anyone tried Culling Strike with Flicker? I'm wondering if getting the kill more often would result in more Frenzy Charges.

I really want to do this for my first build, any guesses how much the skill tree would change for 1.1.x?
I've been having a great time with this build. Up until around level 50. Act 3 elemental casters 1 or 2 shot me. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.
"
Nethowler wrote:
I've been having a great time with this build. Up until around level 50. Act 3 elemental casters 1 or 2 shot me. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Link build & tree please.

I'm currently lvl 55 running merc ledge solo without any problems.
Even though the build hasn't been updated, I have been following the basics of this guide and am OWNING FACE. Highly recommend giving this a try if you are curious about a flicker ranger =)

Level 44 and no sign of slowing down yet...we'll see what things look like after 60
Last edited by Shazmo on Apr 29, 2014, 11:23:46 PM
Switched my 47 Duelist to this after being blessed with a full remap. I was in act 2 cruel and was pretty stuck. Am now a 53 and just dosed Piety with no problems at all.

Picked up Slitherpinch, Blood Dance, 2LGoH, Blood Magic, and Multistrike for around 8c total; 4c of that was for Multistrike alone. These are the only things I have bought, everything else is self-found and this is my highest lvl char(so basically I have shit gear).

I ran most of Acts 2 and 3 (everything except the end of Lunaris Temple) without Multistrike so it's still viable to ease your way into the build. You will regularly run out of charges but you can simply chuck a few STs to keep your life up and then either Cyclone your way out (which will usually kill the remaining mobs to generate new charges) or stand still and frenzy something to get a few more charges to resume flickering. That said, MS really makes this build; since plugging it in I pretty much always have 5-6 charges.

Current Tree
Spoiler
http://poebuilder.com/#character/AAAAAgQAA4cEsQUtBbUM8g6tFHUY2xrbG60hYCP2LIUwcTB8NJM6QjrtPs9AoEOcR35KfUt4TGBRR1b6WhpaSGBLY3BlTWegbmlwcnRBdO108XrvfyuE2Yd2jb-VZpkrnrmly6vFtkG9gb3mvqfGotN-1CPWit2o7g7v4-_w-WP8xQ==

Charged over to the Acrobatics keystones, then backfilled to pick up life and damage nodes. Going to either grab all the 2h-block nodes or more life next.

On top of drastically improving my survivability this build is so much fun to play. Lots buttons to press if you want, or you can just YOLO and hold Shift-LeftClick until the entire map is cleared.

Here's my gear for reference. Both weapons are a product of the rare-sash vendor recipe. I alch'd the chest and it came out ok, would prefer some resists but whatever.
Spoiler

So I started this build at the beginning of ambush. I modified the build a bit to use a 2H Sword instead of dual wielding with the new tree. I am at level 84 and it's playing very well, I have no trouble mapping and my clear speed is great.

I've started getting chaos res on my gear. I am at the point where I have 31% chaos resistance coupled with life regeneration on the tree and I no longer lose life from Blood Rage, even with no frenzy charges.

I was thinking of getting rid of Blood Dance boots. The life regen is not as important as when I had -60% chaos res (even though 7% is awesome) and I am almost always at max frenzy charges so the chance to gain charge on kill ability doesn't seem too important either. Not using the Blood Dance would give me up to 21% more attack speed with full charges.

I'll see how much losing that 7% life regen affects my survivability, but currently I am rarely in danger, and it's always from my own mistakes or laziness, such as not realizing I just flickered into a physical reflect pack in time (quartz + quicksilver best escape plan and works well).

Using new boots will give me some space for new affixes among my other gear (flat phys, rarity, more attack speed, crit, etc) or to experiment with other uniques. If anyone has recommendations or suggestions of what to add/try I'll give it a shot and let you know how it works.

Skill Tree

Gear
Last edited by semioldguy on May 2, 2014, 2:25:00 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info