[1.0.2]PewPewPews Official Cheap Flicker Strike build!

Hi guys recently i have been into flicker striking.
Been clearing map with ease. except for a few boss that cast magic as i don have spell block and such.
Overall this has to be the fastest clearing speed i ever done.
The only issue i face is getting stuck & desync which i shall not complain =)

anyway this is my build ( Crit Dagger Block Eva )

Skill tree

Still trying to refine this build. Like getting phase acrobatics and more life? or getting the 20% reserved mana for additional aura. I dont know yet.

Also this is my gear as well, not using blooddance boot anymore since, rare boot give me more hp. though i still lose Hp with blood rage on, with -21% chaos resistance. The drain isnt too bad as compared to -60%.

My gear as well if u guys wana know.
Tooltip (avg Dmg at 4.5k)
Spoiler

Current stats
55% Block
50%~ crit chance
550%~ crit multi (i think)

Peace out guys!
And have fun FLICKING!~

PS: for any crit build out there, abyssus helm increased my avg dmg by double! thats ALOT!
Thou u will be taking in 40% increased dmg, but u r flicking so most of the attack will miss u.
Last edited by zXavier on May 3, 2014, 7:10:56 AM
Are you updating this to 1.1?
Zerodyme_Witch (Best Summoner Ever)
can this still be done with a level 44 ranger for the 54 points one.
Hey, is this build outdated? Or could I continue to follow the passive skill builds? :)
(I'm 24;v/ atm)
Visit my personal blog:
https://www.TomaszDrozd.com
at what stage do i begin to start using flicker strike as my main dpsing ability?
Update Passive Skill Tree please.
I'm asking for updated tree too. I want to use this build on Rampage.
I would also love to see an update to this build.
Try this one.

This is a basis. Customize as you like. Guidelines, not an absolute.

Hp before other stuff. Frenzy's can come later. ondars/acrobatics pretty early.
leechs can be skipped often. I like them. but pots or on gear ought to keep you good.
Guide has temp chains on hit, but poachers mark on hit would work well here too.
Obviously works for both duelist and ranger. Duelist gets alot more hp nodes much earlier. So is safer.

Flicker builds now, have ALOT of variation possibilities.
DW? 2h? 1h/shield?
Look at the nodes, and use the builder to search terms. Dual wield, shield, sword, dagger, crit, block. Pick one of them to focus on. or a couple. A crit dagger focus. a sword block one? dw or shield sword/block? A number of the points are dw focuses, which means you'd need to swap to 1hand nodes, for a shield build.

And often, while leveling you will grab some stuff, and remove it later.
For example, golems blood, and those nodes. once you got constitution, and possibly shaper(you may not want shaper), you may not need golems blood hp/regen. As well as chaos resist. and/or leech, may make both the mana and hp regens superfluous. blood magic as well At which point you can drop them. and put those points into the block/frenzy/crit/weapon spec nodes.

Sword version.

Dagger version.

It's very interesting as, the END game items you have may radically change your build for a good flicker aoe build.
And really, it does have very strong end game possibilities, with or without specific uniques.
Bringer of rain, Wings of entrophy, dreamfeather?
rainbow stride vs blood dance?

HP and Acrobatics/Ondar's guile is the same. They will give you a near immunity to phys damage. its spells and elements you need to worry about. You'll need high resists at all times for that. Until you can get some spell block uniques.
Spell block IS very good with this. You will have a good amount of block with the DW or shield variants. but again, really need that spell/elemental defense.

I recommend for bandits:
skillpoint normal. This build is quite point heavy. And you get a number of hp nodes for both early. As well has 1.2 hp buffs.
skillpoint or phys damage for cruel. tougher choice. Damage is always good. point for point 18% is alot. This may depend on which build you focus on. A sword build has more phys damage. a dagger has more crit options, so that phys damage will be more valuable for daggers.
skill point or frenzy charge. a 7th charge. will give 5% more evasion, and damage for frenzy..
The attack speed bonuses for flicker itself are near useless. you'll be sitting at .12 or .14 attack speed already. Again, this skill point in a phys damage, block, crit, etc node might be more valuable.

Reduced mana hatred+herald of ash now.
Herald of Ash is a fantastic addition to this build.
Herald of ice is less-so. Almost no direct scaling, with all your phys passives. But that extra cold and aoe pop on shatter isn't horrible, esp if you can afford to keep it up.

Add melee phys damage to your flicker strike when you can. 5l or possibly instead of blood magic.
Flicker/Multistrike/meleesplash/meleephys/ 5 and 6 being a combo of two of: addedfire/bloodmagic/crit damage

note, getting a dex item, with 1g/3r, or 1g/4r is pretty hard..
This build in general is fairly gear dependent. Not recommended for hardcore honestly because of it. You NEED resists. NEED chaos resist. And dex gear with 3 or 4 red, 1 green. That's off norm.
High cap though, so if you do have the gear, you can do great things with it.
And a good amount of life/mana leech to keep going without stopping.

Personally I use whirling blade instead of cyclone/leapslam. and Frenzy for building up charges if I drop out. Dual strike for single target dps/item rarity.

I also use multitrap-firetrap for "ranged". low dps. but something to deal with corpse explosion, etc. Not great. I'll test how spectral throw plays, as suggested. it was nerfed a bit. And his 4 link is intensive imho.

Don't think his guide mentioned it. but blood rage chaos damage is mitigated and magnified by resists.

More on dual strike..
I think its needed currently. His frenzy is pure utility. His spectral throw is for ranged aoe.

Vagan. f'n Vagan.
This punk will WRECK you all day long. He's infuriating as flicker ranger. I have level 5everyone but Vagan, who was still level 1 up till I rolled a templar alt, and got 3 levels on Vagan just face taking with incinerate.

You need a very high dps sustained single target ability. Frenzy isn't enough. even with melee damage/added fire/faster attacks, etc.
What you will need to do is run dual strike as well.
When you see Vagan, clear out everything around him. Swap your gems. Put Dual strike, melee damage, multistrike, faster attacks, added fire damage, life leach, in a slot. (no melee splash.)
This ought to be a good 50% more single target dps then your flicker is normally. And more importantly, doesn't run out of frenzy charges, so no up/down time.

He also has resolute technique I understand. which might explain why he's such a pain, beyond simply running out of time. He ignores your evasion, forcing your block and dodge to be your only mit.

Vorici's "kill one guy, leave the rest alive" may also require a focused Dual strike attack. Although, these are MUCH more forgiving, and you shouldn't have to gem swap. your frenzy, or normal DS slots ought to do.

The rest of the masters should be fairly simple with this build.

Who in your camp? Vagan is your primary likely. Weapon crafts. And melee duelist/ranger/marauder weapons.
Vorici for daggers.

Cat or tora for daggers, or ranger gear in general.
Last edited by Casia on Aug 31, 2014, 9:23:55 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info