[1.0.2]PewPewPews Official Cheap Flicker Strike build!

so how do we deal with reflect packs? the evasion/block/dodge is enough, or we might die if unlucky?
I FREAKIN LOVE THIS BUILD! Thank you so much for making this guide!

Current Gear

Does anyone have any recommendations on a 5th link to use with flicker? I am currently using an added physical dmg gem. If I ever get a 6L I was thinking of attaching a Cast on Kill + detonate dead, not sure though.
Last edited by gump132 on Feb 5, 2014, 3:34:51 PM
other than gear, what's the diff between this and the Dueler version?
Hi, thanks for the guide. It rocks.

It's very funny to play, though I did a variation because I thought I wouldn't be able to maintain my charges, so I went 2H axe. I want say a few things that I realised playing this char that might not had been directly spoken here.

-No headache. I know, a few minutes of seeing videos can't compare to the real thing. I was a bit feared about this. You have nothing to fear.

-5 or 6 charges are enough, I almost never run out charges. I say this if you are planing a new char that doesn't involve the duellist zone frenzy charge.

-Block is more important than you think. At least more important that what I thought at the beginning. I'm in merciless, killing everything with ease, until I find an asshole that wipes me out in a blink. This isn't a pure offensive build (others builds have more and better DPS). It's just fun and balanced.

-SOLO. I'll say again: SOLO. This build lost A LOT of effectivity in group. Allies "steal" your kills, and enemies are thoughter. You need kills to keep killing. At least until blood rage gets changed in a power siphon style/dominating blow and you gain charges if an enemy dies by your attacks or soon after they got hit. Of course you can still flicker enemies, but if you were cleaning that zone on solo, you will be much faster. Also is close to impossible to pick up items from the floor in the middle of the fight, you need be in groups with permanent allocation or be ready to be left empty handed.

-You can't be effectively aimed. You only got hit by lucky strikes, lucky projectiles and AOE. And this rocks. I'm not a PVP guy, but I guess that flicker strike is a thought enemy. It was a deception when I tried to block those lucky projectiles with a "meat shield", cast on melee kill+animate weapon is shit, you can't have more than 8-10 weapons (multistriking and melesplashing) at once. They block nothing.

-Reaction time is a key. You hardly choose what you hit, or where are you moving, so you need to have your fingers ready on flasks.

Thanks for this fun and cheap build. I'm lvl 58 in act2 merciless and spend 6 chaos + 2 fusing + 40 blacksmith whetstones.
Last edited by Visca on Feb 24, 2014, 8:35:10 PM
not one of your skills use dual whield.. ni flicker no cyclon neither spectral throw

-~Shop for the price awarded player~- view-thread/375747
leveling with ST?
I was interested in this build, with this new tree there'll be some changes? From what I saw the duelist/ranger tree almost wasn't changed.
Last edited by eriol235 on Mar 5, 2014, 8:49:00 PM
In 1.1.0 are some changes with life leech...

can you check and adjust this awsome build?:)
I noticed after the expansion went live, my character (level 70'ish) started dying WAY more often.

Has anyone else noticed this? What changed?

Also - Why are people using Hatred aura instead of Haste? If attack speed is so important, it seems like haste would be a no-brainer.

Thanks,

Gabriel
Yeah the build seems great and also with all the dodge and evasion is possibly less affected by leech changes than other flicker builds. But it still seems it needs some tweaking and adjusting, I'm not even halfway with this build in a new league and something seems off already and in perspective, I'd love to see it updated :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info