[1.2.4] 11 Aura Low Life Support Culler - Steroids Edition Revamp

"
Ceveth wrote:
As someone who's played both versions of the build in this season's Ambush league (and spending upwards of two Exalts on Regret orbs tinkering with it) I prefer the IR (Grace & Determination) version over the additional ES version.

I'm currently running around with 30k armor & 172% ES compared to 1k armor & 220% ES.
Running Purity of Fire/Ice/Lightning, Vitality and Clarity from mana. Haste, Grace, Discipline and Determination from life, with the 3 former being run in Prism Guardian.

Notably though I've found the Recharge Reduction nodes simply better than the Max Energy Shield ones for culling 75+ maps.

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAVysHY3NTEHQOXEV-bRk74cHzu9bi91yKoqMRUKcrf8aLehzcwcURlpMn7BhPv3C7tAzDbR3ZQ1TZE0Zx6rovb-GIgwk8jh2qb55Xyf5Jykoo-hmGwzrr7oLHrEebtVYtuJP56OssGYqsf6cIDH0qTfsJj0YQfz8nFSD22h0Uxp5cDCzpGo_60iWv1BXdDWaeFy9br8AacU1k54bRTirkrVnzms9V1iSwKaVnWCoTrKpDY4CkGelaK3KptzEkiyyn9zJY9Xy798Gj8uoYncSePPjrTdiBbxRxSsSMdg48eGlCo5_L9q4nC3YIN4M0Cg==

I think only real viable decisions in this build are;
a) Take the Energy Shield nodes near Shadow.
b) Take Iron Reflexes.

And at the moment the IR option seems more appealing.

What level clarity do you use? If it's level 20, how about using aa for more def?

About es or recharge nodes-idk. For example, on atziri you'll need more es to survive her flameblast.
Last edited by alfapf on Mar 21, 2014, 3:26:37 AM
one question:

my totems are damn weak, they almost get a one shot every time, 20 % on spell totem results in duration, so thats not the point. i allready took in the bottom left corner the notes to "ironwood" for some defence, just for a test... what am i doing wrong ?

thx in advance for your answer. awesome support build imo
Last edited by GameHoveR on Mar 22, 2014, 1:23:56 AM
"
GameHoveR wrote:
one question:

my totems are damn weak, they almost get a one shot every time, 20 % on spell totem results in duration, so thats not the point. i allready took in the bottom left corner the notes to "ironwood" for some defence, just for a test... what am i doing wrong ?

thx in advance for your answer. awesome support build imo
They're totems not zombies, they'll almost always be one shot by rares etc.
Are the links to the passive trees broken? It looks like none of the points are allocated or only partially allocated.

*Never mind. I see that page 31 has updated points.
Last edited by mxleavitt on Mar 22, 2014, 3:55:27 PM
I mathed, and got this monstrosity! Makes complete sense of all the calculations.

http://pastebin.com/j8QZ5gRu

I say go for the IR build. Gives more mana regen, the last 10% flask node and a buttload of tankiness.

You can adapt this to your play style and group you run with.

Keep Anger, Wrath in offslot for certain parties to swap. Some groups prefer those to some others that are being run. Can drop purity of Elements too if they aren't building to run with you (maxing DPS, focusing only on getting minimum resists (somewhere around 17% in each)).

In my case, I have a friend running with me at all times (so I don't have to facetank and die more). Great for him as he's a summoner and can run the remaining ones that are least important (AKA benefit the least).

I'm rolling this out in Ambush, going for IR as I like the look of that.
Hi, nice job there!

I was a summoner and I'll use the free respect to transition to this build. I can keep some old gear, lacking shavs until I get a dominus farming partner thought.

There is something which I don't understand. Why so much primacy off IIR over IIQ? IIR is much easier to get, but IIQ is far superior.

If we compare both stats as they are written:

100% increased item quantity of items found would double ALL the items we get (except maps).
100% increased item rarity of items found would double the number of rares and uniques found.

According to that, if we only cared about rare drops, both would be equivalent BUT:

1-IIQ also increases currency drops. With 190 IIQ my party was getting an average of 3-4 chaos+regrets per map, and much more of smaller currencies. Props for IIQ

2-IIQ increases the number of 6 sockets (and 5L/6L) on the floor. Props for IIQ

3-IIQ make some "loot explosions" which may be a bit annoying. Props for IIR.

4-Due to IIR being easier to achieve, people have much more IIR than IIQ. And both IIQ/IIR are INCREASED. Using the 529 IIR / 34 IIQ values from the OP we get:

Rares
(5.29+1)*(0.34+1)=8.4286

Currency/6s/5L/6l

With said gear changing the boots for the 30 IIQ ones:

Rares
(4.29+1)*(0.64+1)=8.67

Currency/6s/5L/6l=1.64

Althought the top numbers are not exactly correct because:
-We don't really know if IIQ/IIR works like it's written.
-We don't know how IIQ/IIR diminishes. Although it's said that IIR does it above 400 (more reason to get IIQ).
-Extra IIR/IIQ from parties deforms them a bit.
-Extra IIQ from maps deforms them a bit. I still don't know if the IIQ from maps scales additively with our IIQ, or multiplicatively.

I am very interested in hearing experience based opinions on the above.
Culler-support build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1617230
Dedicated support build https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1702757
Last edited by dulahan200 on Mar 25, 2014, 3:00:06 PM
I have played the original build until level 93 but left it for Ambush. Its main drawbacks were Evangelists and TittyBitches. Ranged physical damage meant run or die. A good rare TittyBitch could stunlock-kill me in one burst.

I have come back and specced into the IR build and am deeply impressed. The build has become *so* much sturdier, as you also have several armor and evasion nodes. Sacrificing a large bunch of shield recovery nodes means nothing: I receive far less damage and can easily regenerate the damage that I get.
Dear Maligaro,
I left my head in San Francisco, I lost my legs in Peru
My liver and kidney are on holiday in Sydney
And I am sending my Heart to you
--- Love, Malachai
Last edited by Flapdrol on Mar 26, 2014, 11:39:32 AM
Last edited by tntkiller on Mar 27, 2014, 4:13:13 PM
Love this build!

I was quit unhappy and bored with my 1339 Fireball Shotgun Witch in Ambush so decided to reroll for a support MF.

At first I was thinking of going with the "Poorman's Culler" http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/777701 which looks really great but... I don't know it does not seem very resilient for end game (74+ maps)

Since I collected a fair ammount of ES/IIR gear with my Shotgun witch, I think I would like to give one these builds a try, BUT:

IM POOR! lol
No Shavs no Prism guardian and no Alpha Howl!

So, with that said, do you, experienced players with this build think I can make a VIABLE version of this with no Shavs + Prism + Alpha?

My idea would be to run this with a 5L Solaris Lorica (relatively cheap) and the other ES/IIR gear I have gathered so far.
I understand I won't be able to run 10 auras, but I will settle for 6-7.

Currently level 40 on my reroll, grabbed all the core Aura nodes and I am now reaching the point where I need to decide if I go Life or ES.

@tntkiller
That build looks really really good, seems very resilient with IR and US.
I understand those 3 mace points they really seem like a total waste, on the other hand, you are spending 2 extra skill points to reach ZO while getting 30 Str and 24% life... doesn't seem that much of a tradeoff.
PS: You have one wasted point (probably a mistake) on the top left, 1 point into "One Handed Damage"
Last edited by Solkanari on Mar 27, 2014, 12:42:41 PM
"
Solkanari wrote:
Love this build!

@tntkiller
That build looks really really good, seems very resilient with IR and US.
I understand those 3 mace points they really seem like a total waste, on the other hand, you are spending 2 extra skill points to reach ZO while getting 30 Str and 24% life... doesn't seem that much of a tradeoff.
PS: You have one wasted point (probably a mistake) on the top left, 1 point into "One Handed Damage"

thx for finding that...i updated the post

also i made one tree with the mace nodes

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAACGfqurQMkycc3H_GwcXsGMNtoqPB820ZO-Hi96cri3pGcYMJb57KSsM6Vi2sf5u1GYr7CfbaGo8ZhqxH6ywqTRUgLOndDVuvTioppTyOV8ko-oLH-ejr7riTpwiPRh0U-tIXL2TnVdaApIbRJLBmnnFNms9DY7cxWPWdxMAaWfMqE1orLKej8qyqcqn3MuoY-OsUcUrEeGn2rg48n8tCo3YIJwt8u548TdiMdoFvJIv3wRGWcLvZEy9vPydcDCWv1BVFfg5cEHRcipM6vScYPDQKN4PhiB2q_kmm6zdmLKbkrWdYGekMfRB_xp5KyPF2

wasnt sure where to put the 2 left over point so i have put them on clear mind(ease on gear for chaos resist) and sentinal(24% inc evasion rating and armor and +10% elemental resist) im not sure if this works that way that you get +24% evasion rating and that will be converted by IR and another 24% to armor wich i think is a nice boost to armor(and another 10% elemental resist to make it easier to gear)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info