[1.2.4] 11 Aura Low Life Support Culler - Steroids Edition Revamp

Hello !!
I have made this build on Ambush just a few days ago from now ... I have some questions about gameplay, sice it`s a support culler:

1. Dominus split runs - in second phase of him sometimes I have problems with survive when he attack me I have to drink flask with "Remove bleeding" (I have them always 3 in belt) but when he hits me some more times I just dies ... culler specially in that way of mf should not do this :) Do you have any strategy? Should I move away or something?

2. Totem survive - atm have on 17lvl gem - sometimes I`m worry about his health in highter map I have to re-summon him many times so should may I cast culling spell on my own then?

3. Have someone from you tested others spell gems? - Actually I tried Spark (sry it sux) ; atm I also haveing fun with Arc and it`s works in my opinion good also but this spell spend much more mana like 150% more than Incinerate. If u have some opinion I would like to hear them.

4. Think it would be nice to watch some games like Domi/Piety runs and some maps to watch how it rly works. Or it`s somewhere and I just can`t find it? :(

P.S. Sorry for my language if you don`t understand it.
"
fkgrechu wrote:
Hello !!
I have made this build on Ambush just a few days ago from now ... I have some questions about gameplay, sice it`s a support culler:

1. Dominus split runs - in second phase of him sometimes I have problems with survive when he attack me I have to drink flask with "Remove bleeding" (I have them always 3 in belt) but when he hits me some more times I just dies ... culler specially in that way of mf should not do this :) Do you have any strategy? Should I move away or something?

2. Totem survive - atm have on 17lvl gem - sometimes I`m worry about his health in highter map I have to re-summon him many times so should may I cast culling spell on my own then?

3. Have someone from you tested others spell gems? - Actually I tried Spark (sry it sux) ; atm I also haveing fun with Arc and it`s works in my opinion good also but this spell spend much more mana like 150% more than Incinerate. If u have some opinion I would like to hear them.

4. Think it would be nice to watch some games like Domi/Piety runs and some maps to watch how it rly works. Or it`s somewhere and I just can`t find it? :(

P.S. Sorry for my language if you don`t understand it.

I'll answer based on my early experiences.

1. Use grace + vitality. If you are just farming for gear you can skip aura radius nodes for survival ones. For dom you don't need many links, so you can use ephemeral edge (and change gem to culling strike).

2. They are very weak, so positioning is clue. Once you have faster projectiles you can place them further from the mobs, so they will die less.

3. No idea.

4. For piety/lunaris is as simple as join instance when mobs are <10% hp or close, then cull and leave.

For maps you summon your totems and replace them in the best spots, while keeping yourself at a safe place. Priority 1 is do not die, priority 2 is cull as much as posible.
Culler-support build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1617230
Dedicated support build https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1702757
New thread is being worked on ...

Here is a preview of the Table of Contents

0 Introduction
1 Definitions
2 Gems
3 Skills
4 Gear
4.1 Richman's Build
4.2 Poorman's Build
5 The Art of the Totem
6 Leveling Tips
7 Boss Tips
8 Mapping Tips
9 FAQ
10 Videos
11 References
12 Links of Interest
13 Credits

Edit.1 Added Videos
Edit.2 Added Definitions
Edit.3 Added Links of Interest
Edit.4 Added The Art of the Totem
Last edited by Michaelangel007 on Apr 18, 2014, 3:08:04 PM
"
fkgrechu wrote:

2. Totem survive - atm have on 17lvl gem - sometimes I`m worry about his health in higher map I have to re-summon him many times so should may I cast culling spell on my own then?

Totems naturally are weak. It is expected you will keep casting them.

This build uses the unique dagger Heartbreaker for the affix "Your Spells have Culling Strike"

The poorman's build uses the Culling Strike gem.

"
fkgrechu wrote:

The best skill to use is either:

* Incinerate
* Flame Totem

"
fkgrechu wrote:

That's a great idea for the new thread! Added to the TOC.
Does the new tread already exist? Or you're preparing it?
"

Here is a preview of the Table of Contents

0. Introduction
1. Skills
2. Gear
2.1 Richman's Build
2.2 Poorman's Build
3 Leveling Tips
4 Boss Tips
5 Mapping Tips
6 FAQ
7 Videos
8 References
9 Credits

Edit.1 Added Videos

Nice news dude, can't wait to see your job and the possibilities of this build in the new conditions (tree, gears, patches etc ... )

Thx for your efforts

P.S. : I guess you can add/include a "gameplay" section (certainly you planned to put it in the Skills section) concerning the possibilities of this build in solo/group play or depending the skill choice of the players etc..

GL
Have fun storming the caaastle !! :-)
Corrupt redbeaks. You can get the damage and the cull of heartbreaker.
"
alfapf wrote:
Does the new tread already exist? Or you're preparing it?

Still preparing it!

The sections Introduction, Definitions, Leveling Tips, Skills, FAQ are done. Working on Gear to break down and incorporate the Richman/Poorman's gear.

In the mean-time I'll be "supporting" this thread until we can switch over to the new thread.

NOTE: The new thread is probably going to be delayed about a week as I'm also doing a "PoE CPU & GPU Scalability" writeup comparing the framerates of my 2 gaming rigs: My new i7 4770K + GTX Ttian and older AMD 955 BE + GTX 560 w/ 448 this weekend. That's 4 combinations along with each one comparing the framerate of

* Intro screen with rain
* New character
* Town
* My CoC Quill Rain build (just got her ready today!)

Thank you for your patience.
Last edited by Michaelangel007 on Apr 18, 2014, 3:05:52 PM
"
"

Nice news dude, can't wait to see your job and the possibilities of this build in the new conditions (tree, gears, patches etc ... )

Thx for your efforts

P.S. : I guess you can add/include a "gameplay" section (certainly you planned to put it in the Skills section) concerning the possibilities of this build in solo/group play or depending the skill choice of the players etc..

GL

Thanks for the feedback! Your timing is synchronistic! I've broken the sections into:

* Gems
* Skills
* The Art of the Totem
** Solo Play
** Party Play

As I was never quite happy with my previous "Art of the Totem" writeup!
Last edited by Michaelangel007 on Apr 18, 2014, 3:06:05 PM
I'm now running 13 auras off a single Level 19 Reduce Mana gem! (Just missing Purity of Elements!)

After we cleared the "Precinct", a level 76 map:
Spoiler

Down-sampled 1024x576:

Full-size 1920x1080:
http://i.imgur.com/IeH9A4l.jpg

Here is latest previews for:

Table of Contents
* 0 Introduction
* 1 Definitions
* 2 Gems
* 3 Skills
* 4 Gear
* 4.1 Ultra Wealth Build
* 4.2 Richman's Build
* 4.3 Poorman's Build
* 5 The Art of Aura Snapshotting
* 6 The Art of the Totem
* 6.1 Solo
* 6.2 Party
* 7 Leveling Tips
* 8 Boss Tips
* 9 Mapping Tips
* 10 FAQ
* 11 Videos
* 12 Link(s) of Interest
* 13 Credits

Section 10 FAQ:

= 10 FAQ =

10.0 Q. I'm having to spam my totems since they die so easily. Is this normal?
A. Yes, totems are weak. Buffing their life + resists has poor ROI (Return on Investment) since the passive skill points should be prioritized elsewhere in the tree.

10.1 Q. Do I have to use Incinerate, Flame Totem, or Power Siphon or can I use another spell like Arc, etc?
A. Feel free to experiment; there may be other combinations out there, but at the time of this writing, with 1.1, Incinerate, Flame Totem are extremely fast cullers.

10.2 Q. What is the ratio of IIR to IIQ I should have?

A. It depends on what loot you want to farm. The common understanding is:

* IIR = Rares
* IIQ = Quantity

See the next question (and answer for more deatils)

TL:DR; Prioritize stacking IIQ then IIR for long-term wealth; Conversely IIR then IIQ for short-term wealth.

10.3 Q. What IIR/IIQ should I go for?

Getting* ~500 IIR / ~190 IIQ is going to be hard requiring GG gear; Hitting 300 IIR / 30 IIQ is a good target to start with.

10.4 Q. Should I go IR or ES recharge delay?

A. Personal preference, but even with all the buffs to reduce the ES recharge time, the delay is still quite high.

For end-game maps you will probably have better survivability with Iron Reflexes.

10.5 Q. What is the max number of auras you can run?
A. All 14* of them! There are:

* 13 auras in the game.
* An unlisted 14th one: You and nearby allies gain 15% increased Damage via the Leer Cast helm.

Without aura snapshotting only around 10. (Exact number and details are forthcoming.)

Note: You MUST use snap-shotting with a Level 20 Reduce Mana gem, The Covenant, and Alpha's Howl you can wear all of them. See 'The Art of Aura Snapshotting' for full details.

10.6 Q. Why do my auras keep jumping all over the place in the pop-up when I go to assign them to a hotkey?
A. Currently there is no way to "organize" all your auras in a specific order as sadly the GGG UI programmer doesn't understand "User Experience". :-/

The simplest way to "pseudo-organize" the order of your auras is to take off the gear that has your mana auras.

10.7 Q. Why are my party members complaining that sometimes they lose my auras? It is as if my auaras are being blocked?
A. There is a Line-of-Sight bug with auras. :-(

This reddit post has a brilliant suggestion/fix:
"

"Auras really need a fade time. If the aura caster moves out of range/line of sight, you keep the aura for some small amount of time, maybe 2 seconds or so."

10.8 Q. Do I have to keep re-casting all my auras every time I log in?
A. Yes, it is a huge PITA. Again, sadly, GGG doesn't prioritize streamlining the UI.

10.9. Q. Can I legally use AutoHotKey to cast all my auras?
A. Yes, since you can only cast 1 aura at a time and you do this sequentially it is not possible to exploit multiple simultaneous casting of auras.

10.10 Q. Manual aura snapshotting takes too long. Do you have a AutoHotKey script I can use?
A. Forthcoming!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info