The end of Jay Wilson As D3 Dev official

"
Avireyn wrote:
"
zeto wrote:

D3 will likely get somewhat better, even if the systems in place negate the possibility that it can really be saved.

POE will then suffer because D3 got better.

Best news was old news imo...

I don't think D3 will see much improvement, because it can't. It's like a house: If you messed up the base, you cannot have an awesome house in the end. It'll always have problems.

And that is how I regard D3: Its core is fundamentally flawed. It would take a complete rebuild from the ground up - basically a whole new game - to get rid of all the mistakes that were poured into the concrete that forms the base of the D3 house.

Just to take one example: the non-existent randomization of zones: They are due to the artistic direction the game has taken. You would probably have to rewrite the entire engine and a huge amount of assets in order to make it have half the randomization PoE (or TL2) already has. And it would cost them in the art department. That will never-ever happen.

Pretty much this. The game would have to be rebuilt from the ground up. A la Square-Enix's FF14. JW resigning is somewhat of a sign. He probably was promoted. Who knows? It's not like they are going to admit the game was a failure from a long term standpoint. People were dropping like flies from launch until now.
Jay pls don't ruin any future franchise.
He has no idea about how an arpg game should be. Thats all
He probably got tired of all the trolling. The fact that he was able to put up with that cesspool of filth that calls itself the D3 forums for 8 months is quite the feat.
Keyblades!
I don't see D3 becoming any better the way D2 has become 10x more fun since initial release.
The biggest problem for me was the way that every skill scales of the weapon damage. You can't overhaul that system, nor would a runeword system be very viable, seeing as the gem system is so stale and bland at the moment.

Also, 700 resists? Who thought that would be fun? Is this a WoW mechanic?
IGN KarbietSchieter
Good riddance! He should have quit the D3 team 7 years ago!
"
jpnole wrote:
Good riddance! He should have quit the D3 team 7 years ago!

The weird thing about this is that he didn't start working at Blizzard until 2007. http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/16rq95/jay_wilson_diablo_3_game_director_steps_down_from/c7yr2o4
IGN KarbietSchieter
I just hope he stays away from Titan.

IMO it would be better if he stayed on D3. Now he has a chance to ruin something else also.
i heard he joined GGG

lol kidding, good thing to D3 and the whole community if he stay away from arpg... go work on angry bird Jay.
He's the secret brother of CHris. He left because he's coming with his AH here!!

Hehe
IGN: Gonorreitor

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info