When are following issues being fixed? 1 Player HP in Party races and Critrolling

"
cwu wrote:
The only reason solo people get top20 in party races is because there's 1,5 parties playing them (that's top 6-10 spots in the event ladder). Had there been 4 full parties playing party races, a solo player would have never got a top20 result.

Well that sounds like a problem to me! A whole race for less than 2 whole parties? Something is wrong with that!
"
PolarisOrbit wrote:
"
cwu wrote:
The only reason solo people get top20 in party races is because there's 1,5 parties playing them (that's top 6-10 spots in the event ladder). Had there been 4 full parties playing party races, a solo player would have never got a top20 result.

Well that sounds like a problem to me! A whole race for less than 2 whole parties? Something is wrong with that!

Agree. Party races are alot of fun if you get a group together, but I can tell from experience that it is extremely difficult to get a 6 man group together, most of the time I'm lucky if I find 2-3 people to race with, occasionally I have to solo party races.

Problem really isn't that party races are unpopular per se, but how difficult it is to get 6 players on at exactly the same time, especially given the weird scheduling ( party races at 10 am U WOT M8) and different timezones.

There really is no easy solution to that though, I personally love party races and I would be sad to see them go, but the truth is that it's too difficult to organize a party for most players. I mean I'm having a difficult time getting together a group for a race and I have many dedicated racers on my friends list, I can't even imagine how much more difficult it must be for someone who's friendslist is not filled with dedicated racers.
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
What the hell is going on with the censorship in this forum?

95% of my post was quotes of what Hilbert has said, along with my thoughts about them.

If my post was 100% removable, then so are all of the posts made by Hilbert on this forum.

You know I still haven't received my t shirt from being a Diamond supporter, and with the amount of idiocy going on around here I see zero reason to give a penny more.

My t shirt is probably in the same place my race season alternate art reward le heup, and the PVP tournament stuff are.
"When I close my eyes, I see this thing, a sign, I see this name in bright blue neon lights with a purple outline. And this name is so bright and so sharp that the sign - it just blows up because the name is so powerful... It says, "Diamond Supporter."
"
Morsexier wrote:
What the hell is going on with the censorship in this forum?

No doubt. You guys have gone from only removing the most extreme posts back in cb to performing rocket surgery on any post that isnt rainbows and butterflies if its even remotely directed at another player. Half the threads ive read recently have been turned into a dogs dinner of completely unreadable non sequitir because of this, and its certainly not improving the forum any, quite the opposite.

Heres some relevant advice, straight from Diablo 1: Moderation is the key.
IGN: KoTao
Last edited by KoTao on Dec 7, 2013, 12:49:13 PM
If you delete someone's post, effectively making it impossible for them to respond to someone else in an on-going discussion you are just pissing them off, nothing else.

No positive effect there.
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
Both posts deserved to be removed.

Morsexiers post only contained spam, antagonistic remarks hidden in spoilers.
I focussed on Morsexiers (reason post got removed) behaviour of harassing, naming and shaming and looking for new victims(last question) of players not interacting with him and gave him an example where his behaviour would actually affect his victims.

Also several postings here have nothing to do with 1 player tagging.(They should be removed too)

So my question to abusers which also got lost due deletion:

If 1 player tagging exploit has almost no effect on party racing according to your claims why are you so much against removing it?
A 6 player boss still dies in a bit more than half time a 1 player boss does.
You still can give Qsflasks to runners.
Entering a 6 player HP area with 3 players offers only 16% more HP on coordinated attacks.
Which is 1 addtional attack from 1 player.
And in certain areas you skip every single mob.

Didn't read all six pages.

The number of party members should have zero impact on monster life, but instead should effect player damage. 5 players each doing 33% damage to something with 100% life is same as 5 players doing 100% to something with 300%, except the former is much more adaptable to sudden changes in party composition.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Dec 7, 2013, 2:44:24 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Didn't read all six pages.

The number of party members should have zero impact on monster life, but instead should effect player damage. 5 players each doing 33% damage to something with 100% life is same as 5 players doing 100% to something with 300%, except the former is much more adaptable to sudden changes in party composition.

While that works for short-term races that would be a significant change in the game overall.
Life/Mana leech would be less, your ignites would be less, your shock stacks would result in less damage, etc...
Perform whatever voodoo you guys come up with to fix this solution (breaking the overall structure of the game in the process to do so, and why it won't happen) and party race teams will just solo bosses to <5% like we used to before 1 player tagging was formalized by our race team.

So you've hurt 95% of the player base, changed the mechanic if tagging, in such a way that we would likely be able to "exploit" and get 6 player loot since these two states cannot be mutually exclusive (6P health = 6P loot, and vice versa).

And not affected the one to two race teams in the slightest.
"When I close my eyes, I see this thing, a sign, I see this name in bright blue neon lights with a purple outline. And this name is so bright and so sharp that the sign - it just blows up because the name is so powerful... It says, "Diamond Supporter."
Fix tagging.

Make tp'ing into a boss fight function as the bandits - you don't get the quest and are ported into some side area away from the fight.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info