First Developer Video! - Erik Talks Art about Items and Act 3x

Nice little video.
Crafting doesn't exist in POE. Gambling does...and the house always wins.

Velocireptile - I LOL'ed. Which made me fart. I wish the office were empty right now :(

Hardlicker - I had to push the dog out of the way so I could get to the sexy quilt.
Cool. Bring these back.
IGN: lVlage (96 Witch)
Last edited by lVlage on Dec 3, 2013, 10:13:25 PM
Short video! I like it.
Saved
can Kaoms Primacy get a new damn model skin its ugly as all hell.

thanks.
"
oBLACKIECHANo wrote:
The video was pretty "meh" and pointless. It had no specific theme and it wasn't in depth at all, it gave us no useful or new information. It was just "we have realistic items, also you face the man that exiled you in the first place" like, what was the point? When you showed Kaom's primacy it had the karui chopper model too, which made no sense in that context. If you're going to make these types of videos it should be about 1 specific thing, it should be in-depth and be a little longer. Maybe show a time lapse of creating a concept art, then a time lapse of it being modeled and textured, while talking about the process of creating it? Just something more interesting.

I just can't see how fanboys can be like "omg this video was so amazing" when it straight up told us nothing or showed anything interesting.

Unfortunately, I have to agree with this. It makes me think about those social game events I am seeing in Japan where you have a guy from a famous company who just does his promo instead of speaking about 1 subject in relation with social games. I know it's not easy to speak in front of a camera and when you are not accustomed to it, it requires many shooting again and again and you don't have maybe thie time or envy to do it.

As the op, I think you should focus on 1 subject and speak about it more in depth in a longer video.

For the focus, you should not film hands of the person who is speaking because we can see Erik moving a bit on his chair and doesn't know what to do with his hands^^. I think Making Of you can see in the DVD of Collector Edition of Blizzard Games are great example of videos about development.

Nice first try, can only be improve
I'd have to agree with blackie.
I was expecting a bit more to be honest, maybe if would've been better if you did it yourself Chris. I think you have quiet the talent making videos as we have seen (BOTW videos, etc)

Love it! Keep up with the good work and make some more please. =)

edit: What is this thing on the desk? Helm with tubes? :D
What can never be lent or earned?
Somewhat, that devours everyone and everything:
A tree that rush. A bird that sings. It eat bones and smite the hardest stones.
Masticate every sword. Shatters every shrine. It defeat mighty kings and carry mountains on lightly wings.
What am i?
Last edited by Spysong192 on Dec 4, 2013, 12:15:20 AM
Moar, plox. I wanna meet the whole team, and I can't afford plane tickets to NZ! =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
Did anyone notice the new spell on his action bar?
Hi Jeremy. And thanks for the short video. I definitely want to see more of these.

Erik is doing fine even if he feels a gun is pointed at him. ;)
His artistic approach is one of the main reasons I like PoE so much.
Most of us certainly already know the attention to the lore for the items but the video does a useful job pointing that out for everyone. It could have been really different… in a different game.

The credits are a delightful piece of e-artbook. Thanks for making them easily accessible!

If there are new ideas for the next videos, I'd like to know how Erik manages the work with the new artists, mixing so many influences to fit the PoE core design. And I know it can be tough.

For example, it's obvious the Scion PoE main artwork is not Erik's doing ;)
(but there must be some communication and promotion priorities (featuring the scion and attracting new players))

Thanks, and please bring more videos!
IGN: Bourrinopathe | UTC +4

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info