First Developer Video! - Erik Talks Art about Items and Act 3x

The marauder's left ring looks new and his gloves are disabled.
Discuss.
BreakingHearts/RhoaHood/BackAndVeryLate (Standard) | HushtailSweep/HushtailWeeps (Ancestor)
More of these vids, please. ^_^
It's always good to hear and see people behind the game. Hi Jeremy :)
The video was pretty "meh" and pointless. It had no specific theme and it wasn't in depth at all, it gave us no useful or new information. It was just "we have realistic items, also you face the man that exiled you in the first place" like, what was the point? When you showed Kaom's primacy it had the karui chopper model too, which made no sense in that context. If you're going to make these types of videos it should be about 1 specific thing, it should be in-depth and be a little longer. Maybe show a time lapse of creating a concept art, then a time lapse of it being modeled and textured, while talking about the process of creating it? Just something more interesting.

I just can't see how fanboys can be like "omg this video was so amazing" when it straight up told us nothing or showed anything interesting.
Last edited by oBLACKIECHANo on Dec 3, 2013, 7:26:29 PM
Feels like teaser, but that's only because it's fucking awesome!

P.S. I agree with the whole "freedom, power, revenge", to me it doesn't fit at all, in fact, if anything it's detrimental to the game. "cheapens the game" is the right way to put it. Come up with something else or simply do away with tag lines.
Last edited by Melkrow on Dec 3, 2013, 7:33:22 PM
Felt really short.. interesting nonetheless.
"
"
ephetat wrote:
However, there's one thing inexcusable: Freedom, power, revenge. Guys, I'm not sure you realize it, but that really cheapens the game, both as the actual tagline and its tacky presentation. Give it up. Slowly retcon it out of PoE's existence. Please.

What about the Scion doesn't cheapen the game, though?

Can't be that ruthless, not when Jeremy's explicitly asked us to be kind with our feedback. One thing at a time. :)
Have you made a cool build using The Coming Calamity? Let me know!
I think developers hate to make videos like this. They cannot really show/tell anything interesting about what they are working on in 1 minute, just only some random meaningless sentences, but they must do this video, so at least they want to look cool, but its not easy:P..
Its similar to d3 developer videos:P most similar thing is developers dont know what to do with their hands while speaking.
If you want to make this interesting, make longer videos, show some 3D models, some aspect of the game which only the developers see, and less talking.

btw keep on doing the cool work ggg
D3 treasure goblins's escape portal is an entrance to Wraeclast
Last edited by Moeeom123 on Dec 3, 2013, 7:57:33 PM
Showing Kaom's Primacy was surely a mistake...its still using the base item's in-game model.
"
Zealflare wrote:
Showing Kaom's Primacy was surely a mistake...its still using the base item's in-game model.

don't give a fuck just throw in the blood reaper skin

THERE BEST AXE EVER
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info