1.0.2b Patch Notes

The Melee Splash damage penalty is no longer specifically attack damage.

Is this a nerf to infernal blow?
IGN : boxxboxx ( Domination )
http://www.youtube.com/user/Boxsalesman?feature=mhee

"
bersi23 wrote:
"
Fixed the skill tooltip damage per second display for Cyclone.

The tooltip shows now the doubled DPS on my cyclone.
It would be interesting to know what exactly caused the tooltip to show a low value and why.

Cyclone is triggered to hit 2 times per spin, the tootltip was accounting for 1 hit per spin.
"
magier556 wrote:
The Melee Splash damage penalty is no longer specifically attack damage.

Is this a nerf to infernal blow?

Yes.
IGN: Smegacore
Last edited by battled on Dec 3, 2013, 7:28:09 AM
"
Agree wholeheartedly. For a "released" title to release an incomplete re-work of DoT mechanics that breaks skills/builds is one of the poorest "controllable" things I've seen from GGG (and I <3 the guys).

The DoT mechanical rework should have been held off until it was complete (passive tree changes and all) and the terminology relating to it cleared up across the game. My guess is that GGG have pressured themselves (via well intentioned declarations) to release content within a given time frame.

Personally, I would prefer them to revisit their "content release every 2 weeks" statement, so that it is simple "new content released when ready". This removes the public expectation, is more manageable for the GGG developers work/life balance and allows them to fully flesh out the content before releasing.

+1 :)

The dot changes and the stuff which is going on in the summoner section are really broken. Couldn't wait for the dot changes.
The game offers enough for me, I for myself value rebalancing and changing current systems (like the great map improvements) way higher than new content, gems etc.
IGN: Scordalia_
"
Any chance you guys could change the tooltip DPS on Explosive Arrow to the explosion damage rather than the initial hit? I sure would love to know my dps :(

How can they do that? The damage from the explosion is based off of how many fuses you've stacked on a target. That's impossible to calculate.
No mercy for the weak. No pity for the dying. No tears for the slain.
"
Fixed a bug where area damage bonuses would not benefit Viper Strike when supported by Melee Splash.

Did not understand the fix. Concentrated Effetst as not working and not working.
Only now Melee Splash also cuts damage from wiper.

Skill cut, now it is also a support cut. Where is the promised specialization?
Or specialty is buying uniques?

Said that the Viper Strike und poison arrow used everything, and now profit is only for those who specialize in these skills.
As a result, these skills do not become necessary for everyone.(((

Done to return the old Viper Strike - must take passives 300% increase damage. Even mile skills do not gain as much damage.
Is not it easier then this is not so popular and skill out of the game?
Last edited by nameforgame on Dec 3, 2013, 8:44:30 AM
[Removed by Admin]
Last edited by Brian_GGG on Dec 3, 2013, 11:24:54 AM
"
battled wrote:
"
bersi23 wrote:
"
Fixed the skill tooltip damage per second display for Cyclone.

The tooltip shows now the doubled DPS on my cyclone.
It would be interesting to know what exactly caused the tooltip to show a low value and why.

Cyclone is triggered to hit 2 times per spin, the tootltip was accounting for 1 hit per spin.

Ok, good to know. But, the term DPS means damage per second. How does the calculation work, if it is possible to calculate with just the first hit or with both hits aswell? Then it is not per second but per... what devs like?
Besides of that, is it different from char to char, how many spins per second the char does? If yes, how do they calculate the DPS and do they do that? I have the feeling, this DPS tooltip is absolutely pointless.

░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
Il███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤..
Last edited by bersi23 on Dec 3, 2013, 9:14:57 AM
"
BossAlert wrote:
I was just wondering since my 63 nemesis char died in a damn shameful way. First let me explain how:
I was in act3 merci with 75/75/75 resist -60 chaos 10k armour with grace. spec throw with life leech.
I was going through marketplace to get last "bust" in sewer. I encoutered Thena Moga the chaos *** :( . So i press "esc" and "logout" (since alt f4 sometimes freezes on me). But nothing happened for 3 seconds. As i saw my life go down, I couldnt move or anything cuz i was logging out, I died. I see this as very unfortunate and dont think GGG will have any possibillities to reclaim my char to nemesis or something (and that is only a hope for me that will never happen). I have "peace" with my death. But still my following question:

I dont know if its possible to create an invulnerable period when pressing esc (like a pause button or something) so these delayed logouts wont kill anymore HC chars??

note: when u have DoTs and esc, when u resume Dots will continue etc like everything else ofcourse. Duh :P.

Thanks for thinking with me.

No, it's not an offline single player game. You can't "pause" the game then resume later.
"
GFValkyria wrote:
No, it's not an offline single player game. You can't "pause" the game then resume later.

This is not very good explanation, there are on-line games with pause, there is no technical problems with implementing it in solo play secession.

Explanation is purely "economical". Session takes server resources. GGG is small company with small resources and would like to save on server costs. Thats it.

That's the reason there is no pause and why instances expire after short time.

Anticipation slowly dissipates...
Last edited by tmaciak on Dec 3, 2013, 9:19:20 AM
"
bersi23 wrote:

Ok, good to know. But, the term DPS means damage per second. How does the calculation work, if it is possible to calculate with just the first hit or with both hits aswell? Then it is not per second but per... what devs like?
Besides of that, is it different from char to char, how many spins per second the char does? If yes, how do they calculate the DPS and do they do that? I have the feeling, this DPS tooltip is absolutely pointless.

Wat. You gain spins per second based on attack speed, so once in X time, you do a spin, which is 2 attacks, so if you do 100 per attack (Alrdy counting the damage effectiveness) and have 10 APS, then you do 100*2*10, assuming everything hits, you have 100% hit chance and no crit. What's so hard to understand about this tooltip?
Let's just say I like quitting accounts.

"just for try, for see and for know"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info