What's Coming in 1.0.3?

i appreciate the constant stream of content updates and fixes.

However (not a complaint, just one man's opinion), i feel that tree updates should not be as frequent. It's ok (and fun!) to start new characters to build around new skills and gear, but constantly changing the tree just messes with the "live" builds. There are many builds that do not get free resets because they are not directly affected. Nevertheless, the changes could change the build's fundamental options, or at least the optimization or routing. At the very least, every ongoing build needs to be reevaluated in the light of every tree change.

Just a suggestion, collate tree changes and have them out a little less frequently, maybe once in three patches or so.

Thank you for passion you put into your work.
How about possibly turning some of the map prefixes into suffixes? The disparity is quite large. There are roughly twice as many prefixes as there are suffixes.
IGN: EmpathicAmoeba
amigos para las otras versiones abra el lenguaje español
I really wish GGG would spend at least 1-2 of these big patches purely focusing on coding / optimizing the game better, I'm sure EVERYONE that plays PoE would rather a smoother, less laggy game, with less crashes and less fps spikes.. in comparison to a new skill gem and a few micro-transactions.
"
Wulfenstein wrote:
Hopefully we can see a good PVP update in not too long:

"
PVP needs some changes before it becomes popular:

1. PVP button on hud to queue up from anywhere. No waiting around, I should be able to queue up, then continue farming while I wait. Then bam, PVP is ready and the game brings me directly into it. After the PVP I spawn in town.

2. Flasks need to reset after each round.

3. Bigger arenas with obstacles and monsters to kill so you can recharge your flasks.

4. Minions should not need to be recast.

5. Allow betting; basically a trade-like window that pops up, each party places orbs/items, whatever they're willing to bet, then both have to agree on it.

Bonus: Allow going hostile while in a party. Like the old days where someone would join your party, then all of a sudden they go hostile and it's on.

Holy shit those are some great ideas. I might actually start pvping if some of these improvements were implemented. I especially like the betting idea. It can make pvp profitable!
"
I really wish GGG would spend at least 1-2 of these big patches purely focusing on coding / optimizing the game better, I'm sure EVERYONE that plays PoE would rather a smoother, less laggy game, with less crashes and less fps spikes.. in comparison to a new skill gem and a few micro-transactions.

Agreed.

Game performance should take priority over all else. Though I've given up on voicing my concern on this matter. I've been doing it for a year, yet the game still runs just as crappy as ever.
Calling it now
ranged multistrike inc
ING: Taasiek
was kind of disappointed by 1.0.2

was expecting it to add more diversity to builds and to the game

was hoping to see a lot more Searing Bond, Poison Arrow and Puncture builds

but the DOT changes really only affected Poison Arrow, but even then not enough to make it interesting

hope to see some changes to Cleave soon
I know the idea is that Cleave does lower damage than other melee skills because it has AOE built in, but Infernal Blow + Melee Splash or Heavy Strike + Melee Splash or Double Strike + Melee Splash is just so strong that there's no reason to use Cleave

would also like to see Reave boosted
and of course Searing Bond and Puncture
"
"

Agreed.

Game performance should take priority over all else. Though I've given up on voicing my concern on this matter. I've been doing it for a year, yet the game still runs just as crappy as ever.

get a better computer

the game runs MUCH better than it did a year ago

they have made many improvements to the textures, the way they're loaded, the particles and general coding to make the game run better

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info