Oro's Righteous Fire Marauder [1.2.0]

I am running an almost identical spec... I even had the same idea of using Doon w/ astramentis. Oh, and im running the new Koam's instead.

Literally the only difference is that I have RF in a +2 Fire sceptre 5L (RF + Inc AOE + Burn damage + Fire pen + Conc Effect). I am not entirely sure if the conc effect or the fire pen work, but i will be getting a quality fire pen (which has 15% inc fire damage). If i had a 6L I would put in Empower or Culling.

Lastly, I am not entirely sure on whether the RF benefits from the %Fire damage and %Burn of the Searing if it is on the off hand? If it in fact does, I would suspect that it would not benefit from the Doon %damage when you switch over.
i think ill spec into EB now... you are right with the discipline aura.... that would be a crazy party killer -.-

I'm 100% sur increase burning damage work as I made a few tests before the patch to be sur (checking the self degeneration on myself with weapon swap). Even precasted, the buff remain the same (both spell dmg increase and burning effect) so Searing Touch is pretty much the way to go to maximise RF aoe damage.

I'm not quite sur to understand the problem about discipline, RF burn you ES and life at different rate (70% of ES and 90% of life) but not both at the same time. It should burn the ES first (at 70%) then the life (at90%).

In that case, discipline is actually a very good think because it give you a damage boost (RF aoe dmg is 50% ES + 50% life at the same time) without harming you (you don't care about your ES).

Discipline users never bothered me while playing maps in party.
Last edited by IceDeal on Dec 2, 2013, 4:55:20 AM
"
GRAVlTY wrote:
I am running an almost identical spec... I even had the same idea of using Doon w/ astramentis. Oh, and im running the new Koam's instead.

Literally the only difference is that I have RF in a +2 Fire sceptre 5L (RF + Inc AOE + Burn damage + Fire pen + Conc Effect). I am not entirely sure if the conc effect or the fire pen work, but i will be getting a quality fire pen (which has 15% inc fire damage). If i had a 6L I would put in Empower or Culling.

Lastly, I am not entirely sure on whether the RF benefits from the %Fire damage and %Burn of the Searing if it is on the off hand? If it in fact does, I would suspect that it would not benefit from the Doon %damage when you switch over.

5l Scepter? You mean staff or mace right?

I dont think Conc Effect does work not besides it will decrease your aoe so not the best idea.

Fire Pen Should work So should Culling strike (22% at lvl 20).

Interesting question is if you can snapshot it or if it does update with the Doon.
Ingame: Yawne
Shop HC: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/132370
Fire penetration don't work (GGG confirmed DoT damaged don't count as hit) and concentrated effect deacrease your AOE without boosting your damages (made some tests with a friend in pvp).

It may change in the future but so far the only support who really give RF a boost are increase AOE and Burning Damage (you can use Faster Casting but it's really trivial).

In general it's easy to check if a skill is affected by support, if the little support icon don't show up on the skill icon in UI, it's not working at all (was disapointed that increase rarity wasn't working with RF).
Last edited by IceDeal on Dec 2, 2013, 4:59:54 AM
you burn for your maximum es... so i think youll keep burning no matter if the es is down or it is still up
I'm really not sur about that, I was running that build since OB before the change to RF and my degen was the same after release.

I should have notice an increase of burning since i've got a few ES from RotP and Carcass Jack.

I'm pretty sur those burning are 2 differents effect.
Last edited by IceDeal on Dec 2, 2013, 5:37:56 AM
hmm if you can verify that it would be insane =)
gets me rid of some passives :D
just tested it - es still burns at your max ES not if it is down
How did you tested that ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info