Only 3 acts pretty small game

"

"
yoshichan wrote:
Do we know the amount of quests available in Act 3?

Well I know how many are in the Act 3 Alpha. :P

PS - Didn't Chris say that Act 4 would come out when OB was done and they went into FULL release? Anyone remember?

I think I remember something about and act being released yearly?
:) =)
"
I meant, to make the challenge more enjoyable.

To be tolerant to a difficulty means that in order to get additional enjoyment, you have to progress to a more difficult area, act, or difficulty.

Likely I will move on after playing a while, and then come back fresh with a new character/build. That's one thing I loved about D2. I could stop playing and then come back a while later with a new character/build, and the game would still feel fresh.

There is still the point that only very basic and simple character builds will be 'done' at the end of normal...

Most builds just start around lvl 30, some builds needd even more lvls before they can start to play the way they wanted (e.g. Wand Marauder - he needs to be played as a normal close combat marauder for a long time untill wands become viable for him...)

A lot of skills and supports won't even be seen in normal (so builds lack both passive points and the actual active skills/supports to become what they are supposed to be...)

And as others have pointed out - reaching maps can be a real motivation :D
Proud 5th duelist in the Jul 1 2012 Ladder Race and in the Nov 3 2012 Solo Turbo Race :D
And even prouder 4th Templar in the Nov 10 Four-hour Party Hardcore Race :P
Current OB success:
top 20 Ranger in 105 Minute Turbo Solo (S4E9)
Last edited by Sony_Black on Jan 11, 2013, 2:57:19 PM
"
obadonke wrote:
supporters have (on the whole) responded pretty well in this thread. could have got ugly. Good show!

the idea of "beating" this game is an interesting one. Can this game be beaten? Will it ever be beatable?

D3 makes a big hoorah of getting a character to the end of ActVI in Normal and I pretty much lost the urge to play once I'd got all classes through Normal and a couple into the later stages of Hell.

... oh crap.. PoE event starting now! bye!

There's hardly anything negative to say about PoE. It's an awesome game. But I think misconceptions of the game are what will keep people from getting to the end game.

But people like kripp have done a good job explaining the game. He's the reason I'm playing today. I had misconceptions of the game based on my first couple hours of playing early in the closed beta. After watching some of his videos, I started to understand what the game was about, and I returned to the game.

His youtube channel can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/user/Kripparrian?feature=watch . I highly recommend anyone check it out if you're doubtful about the game.

Reading some of these posts reveals another misconception of mine. I thought the game would be 3 or 4 acts at most. Now I'm reading that more acts will be added over time. This is huge if it's true.
IGN: Warp_Nine
I think you got your answer lol
i was on here to bitch just asking some pretty simple questions i know its a small company i just started playing an missed all the interviews. Thanks for filling me in on whats gonna happen with the game im not a diablo fan at all i played it for a week an it was a very big let down.
small???? i think it's good big enough considering this first 2 act are very big compared to diablo 2. and think will come a new act 3 and in future act 4.

and remember it's free to play game. and it's really really good, if they want can make pay 2 dollars each month and they will get all people paying. i'm sure sure sure.

good thing of this game

-isn't easy get lvl 100
-100000000000% replaying game for make new builds etc....
-new profesion in future in the center of the pasive tree
-a lot of skills whit support skills you can play in diferents ways whit the same skill.
-2 big act and one more in 12 days.
-good drop of items and stats of they
-the worst item can be usefull for more than 30 levels.
-100% free
-if diablo 3 will be this game all people was saying ohhhhhhhhhhhh the greatest game of the century!!!!! etc......

wellcome to this great game that where people play a lot a lot a lot knowing they character will be wiped in 2 weeks, and people continue playing and playing.
i really enjoyed the game an i get everyone's input im not a troll just because i wrote something on the forums. i know this is not wow an im glad its not ive been looking for a change in games an i think i found it with this one. i just wanted some input not to get on the forums an get ripped a new A hole for asking a few good questions. this is not my first ARPG.I was just wanted some good input an to those that gave me some good answers thanks. Ill keep leveling an see what else it has to offer. Keep up the good work an i cant wait to see what else you guys bring to the table.

I would also like to see a easier way to vendor off items or if there is one other than dragging the item over please inform me.
"

I would also like to see a easier way to vendor off items or if there is one other than dragging the item over please inform me.

Ctrl + Click The item you wish to sell/stash.
"
Dudebag wrote:
Pretty small company too.
What the hell are you expecting.

Blizzard probably had 100s of people to creat diabo 3 but it only had 4acts.
And had no PvP . Still no PvP.

This is 18 people company!

took me a day to finish D3... exactly 12hours to reach 60 and inferno on first day...
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Last edited by Sexcalibure on Jan 11, 2013, 6:56:47 PM
I think a 3 act 15-20 hour clear of a ARPG is acceptable.

Obviously there are players that blaze through the acts but for a first time clear, exploring every area of each map 15-20 hours is expected and PoE should deliver that.

Keep in mind that these games are designed to be played over and over.
You progress through harder difficulties while gaining more levels and better items, spells and support gems.

There are also different leagues that change the game up, competitive ladder races and arena pvp to keep people busy.

All in all PoE in its current state delivers an excellent amount of content and replay value for the price of free.

Last edited by Metalhead980 on Jan 11, 2013, 7:43:41 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info