Only 3 acts pretty small game

"
Whats the point of playing it on Cruel or going any further other than gear an more level's.

I think this is a really good question. When I first played diablo 1 and 2, I mainly played through normal difficulty. I'm sure other people did the same and will do the same for PoE.

In my opinion, the point of going past normal difficulty is for the added challenge. And gear and levels are acquired to make the challenge more tolerable.
IGN: Warp_Nine
The act 3 "info" in this thread is making me salivate :_:
"
"
Whats the point of playing it on Cruel or going any further other than gear an more level's.

I think this is a really good question

Not really. By the end of your first run through, you've barely unlocked half of what the game had to offer in terms of playable content (ever heard of maps?), skills, and a small fraction of the items.

A better question would be what's the point of playing when you can destroy level 69 maps with ease. The answer will come on January 23rd.
"
"

I think this is a really good question. When I first played diablo 1 and 2, I mainly played through normal difficulty. I'm sure other people did the same and will do the same for PoE.

In my opinion, the point of going past normal difficulty is for the added challenge. And gear and levels are acquired to make the challenge more tolerable.

If your only tolerating the added difficulties then I suggest moving on.
Standard Forever
Why do you even bother with people like him. Seriously, why do you feed the troll ?!
GGG thank you for all the great things you are doing. You have combined every element of all other great Rpg's and joined them together as one Diamond, that will shine Forever.

This is coming straight from the heart <3
"
iamstryker wrote:
"
"

If your only tolerating the added difficulties then I suggest moving on.

I meant, to make the challenge more enjoyable.

To be tolerant to a difficulty means that in order to get additional enjoyment, you have to progress to a more difficult area, act, or difficulty.

Likely I will move on after playing a while, and then come back fresh with a new character/build. That's one thing I loved about D2. I could stop playing and then come back a while later with a new character/build, and the game would still feel fresh.
IGN: Warp_Nine
supporters have (on the whole) responded pretty well in this thread. could have got ugly. Good show!

the idea of "beating" this game is an interesting one. Can this game be beaten? Will it ever be beatable?

D3 makes a big hoorah of getting a character to the end of ActVI in Normal and I pretty much lost the urge to play once I'd got all classes through Normal and a couple into the later stages of Hell.

... oh crap.. PoE event starting now! bye!
There has to be a low point where some people stop complaining because it's just not worth it, and I have yet to see it. - Squeakypaw, 2013
I don't think we should assume this fellow is a troll. Some people I know only played the first difficulty of Diablo2, and Diablo 3. They just wanted to enjoy the basic combat and go through it once. These fellows would probably only go through the Normal difficulty in PoE as well. It is how they prefer to only play normal, I think they will be satisfied with the length of the game if they compare it to other games in the genre.

Especially if such a person were to consider the ongoing content. Possibly 4 acts at full release, and an additional act every year for 10 years. Imagine 14 full acts. Even if you scoot through at 1.5 hours per act, that still means 21 hours of gameplay. There are a lot of big name commercial games that don't provide that amount of gameplay. Plus there is PVP, cuthroat and all the other leagues to enjoy. Content in PoE is NOT, NOT, NOT going to be a problem.

If the question about what the point of continuing on is serious, the answer should be obvious. Perfecting and upgrading your character. If making a really awesome character for the simple feeling of accomplishment isn't enough, then making a competitive PVP char is ANOTHER reason to carry on. You'll never hang with high level chars in PVP unless you play through all the difficulties ( obviously ).

Sure you could play the low level PVP...but come on...
"I would have listened... I would have understood!" - Scion

Have you removed Asus ROG/GameFirst yet?
3 to 4 acts seems to be the industry standard for ARPGs such as this and has been so for years. Most of the time when there are 4 acts the 4th acts is usually very short compared to the other 3. The amount of acts in PoE is on par with the industry standard.

But as others have said, the point of an ARPG isn't to play though once, but rather to play through many times to build your character, loot, then enjoy the challenges of the end game material. If you've only played through on difficulty in PoE, you're missing out on a good chuck of the game. As you get into higher difficulty, new skill and support gems become available and the amount of gem slots grows in your gear, making new combinations available as you dive deeper into the game.
"
Meekrob3 wrote:
"
Hello everyone, my friend an i just bought the game an beat it in 2 days is there only going to be 3 acts an does anyone know if they are going to add more on release. I know they are planning on releasing it as a free game but only 3 acts is a very small game. Whats the point of playing it on Cruel or going any further other than gear an more level's.

This is an ARPG... The whole point is loot and more levels.

this....

this is not WoW
(سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info