1.0.2 CHARLOWTFBBQ'S Nemesis, Wings Of Entropy, BoR, Cycloner, 68% Block/Spell Block!

Hey, just wanted to give my input. Im lvl 79 and im running 6L wings of entropy + kaoms heart, no spell block uniques. Atm i sit on 6.2k hp , 3.5k armor with grace, 53% block and 24k dps from dual strike (with melee splash). Here's my bullet point input:

- cyclone - just terrible terrible dps - shouldnt be used ever with dual wield if its not some crazy cast on crit build, also problems with desynch

- spell block - nice idea but you lose out so much in gear that you become 0 dps leecher later on

- BoR vs kaom's heart - i swapped some points to get to scion's big health nodes group which paired with kaom's is just amazing.

"
Matelener wrote:
Hey, just wanted to give my input. Im lvl 79 and im running 6L wings of entropy + kaoms heart, no spell block uniques. Atm i sit on 6.2k hp , 3.5k armor with grace, 53% block and 24k dps from dual strike (with melee splash). Here's my bullet point input:

- cyclone - just terrible terrible dps - shouldnt be used ever with dual wield if its not some crazy cast on crit build, also problems with desynch

- spell block - nice idea but you lose out so much in gear that you become 0 dps leecher later on

- BoR vs kaom's heart - i swapped some points to get to scion's big health nodes group which paired with kaom's is just amazing.

And here is my input to your post. Agree about the cyclone part.
You must be playing in standard.
3,5K armor with grace is pathetic.
If I ever get a hold of Kaoms i'd expect to be above 7,5K HP if not more but you will lose 15% block and chance to gain endurance charge on block. 6-Linked dualstrike with quality gems with outperform BoR for sure. Then last you talk about being leecher. In party with aura's conduit and full charges i go up to 35K+ DPS that is more than enough.
Last edited by DangK1 on Dec 5, 2013, 1:14:33 PM
what about going for 6l weapon and use legacy kaoms instead?
IGN: Perz | Reaver: view-thread/523959 | Wander: view-thread/742525 | Cycloner: view-thread/804489
"
Perz wrote:

Yes you could do that, but you lose the 15% block chance. Of course with a legacy kaom's you can spec out of some of the life nodes and build back up that block chance. I think the build will obviously be more powerful with a legacy kaom's but practically EVERY build is better with a legacy kaom's.

So yes, the build can essentially be the same with a legacy kaom's and 6L weapon, but it is much, much, much more expensive. What are legacy kaom's going for now in hardcore, something like 48-55 exalts, pffff!!!

Bringer can be had for 6-7 exalts in HC leagues.
"
Perz wrote:

I am doing this on Domination, 6L Wings and Kaom. I have no problems with low block (47%). For extra large groups in phys reflect map or rare monster with reflect aura with many around him, I use Immortal Call which lasts around 9 sec with 5 charges and increased duration. Things like map Dominus heart, but who likes him anyway. Piety is not a problem at all. Doing 36k dmg atm (unbuffed), 5300 life.

Really wish BOR was not that amazing, because I hate that helm, but there are few options for a block build beside it. We need higher passives for dual wield block.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DaidelosGaming/featured
wings of entropy got 6 socketed after a whoopin 800+ jewellers

gonna lottery 6link and after thats done ill start streaming on a more regular schedule.

in the meantime streaming without a schedule checkitout

twitch.tv/charlowtfbbq
happened in about 20 jewellers sorry :(

Build I'm looking at (Scion base, over 400% ipd 75 ias 74% block, life is low though 156%)

I think the nodes over by the 1.5% regen are subpar in terms of damage and invested more into nodes near the ranger tree. Heart of oak is nearby if I really need more regen. Looking back at it I did miss a circle of nodes so I'd have to run the math to see if its better to go that way again, it certainly would be more hp.
ign - Zilead
Last edited by Nicol on Dec 6, 2013, 12:51:45 PM
last bump, from now on i will be streaming facebreaker aegis aurora, the build with wings of entropy is extremly fun and with wings of entropy beings as cheap as they are its definetly worth looking into. the reason i switch to facebreakers is i wanna use more uniqes, have a overall cheaper to achieve build and more tankiness.
Awesome build with most fun i have ever had in PoE.
I used it with a Scion and changed some small things, but its so funny to play.

Thanks for that!
Hey I'm thinking of using this build for nemesis. Essentially I'm trying to find the most HC viable build for my duelist and I'm currently running the blender build. What would the OP or anyone else recommend for HC leagues? I've noticed that blender has highest DPS for duelist class in trade for consistent survivability. Any insight or go_to builds for hc? Thanks
IGN: ShootForTheLoot [Torment]

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info