1.0.2 CHARLOWTFBBQ'S Nemesis, Wings Of Entropy, BoR, Cycloner, 68% Block/Spell Block!

"
Matelener wrote:
what build would you suggest for 6L
Spoiler

Dual Strike/Multistrike/Melee Phys/Faster Attacks/Blood Magic/Life Leech for single target maybe (added fire, wed could work?). Or maybe do a dual weild 6link kaoms heart build, tho block wont be as good.
Last edited by stevebrule on Nov 30, 2013, 6:46:18 PM
I actually think this is a very viable build; however, I think your passive tree needs some work. You take a lot of axe nodes that add attack speed, but that also have accuracy and then you go out of your way to get resolute technique. I think the only thing about the build is dealing with maxing resists (you waste some passives on that, but your gear is also to get spell block). I think you can save about 5 passive points if you take away the unique ammy you are using and then focus on another resist ammy or something else.

I think I am going to try this build out somehow, now just gotta save up and buy the axe :) I have a duelist passive respect and a high roll BoR already.
this is only my version of the build, you can change w/e you want about it. passive can be changed and you can decided to switch out of spellblock gear. however i think the spellblock is worth it in nemesis for added tankiness, id rather have to spend 5 points on reists and keep my 68% spell block chance.
Hello! I have a question. You take many nodes for physical damage, but WoE is multy-damage weapon and attack speed is better for DPS than physical damage. This is because of mana, right? How much you can boost your attack speed before you get problem with mana? 60-70%?

I trying to create build for standart league, with WoE + Abyssus + Rainbowstride + Lazhwar and Vaal Pact, maybe you can give me advice: http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAAecDhwOWEdUS4RjbGYYZihpVG60mlSi1KaUqODGeMgk0kzWSNug64TsoQKBDnEd-Sn1KyEyxTeNOKlM1VUtYr1uvYENhIWNwZKNlTWegbEZtbG17bj1uaW6qb55wcnJseA1464MJhNmHaod2jDaQbJLzk_ybtZ_LouqmV6luqZSsR6xZrOquz7VItfK2Qb6nvrzBi8M6ykrQR9N-0_zcgt0N5wrrju9O73rv4_zF_o-zP09WHt-nMPe-iPEUIFBHKNvf75LN6ywqTT8nnrn7CfbaGo_yRf4K52OuDA==
Last edited by _PBS_ on Dec 1, 2013, 8:01:18 AM
Any ideas for a nice use of the 6link on WoE when u already got BoR and dont care too much bout a 2nd attack for single target?
I could easyly live with cyclone fir single and the few secs it takes longer to kill map Bosses etc. If i could get something that can work all the time while i cyclone around or sthg that gives u more survivability.

Maybe something like high lvl cwdt with quality molten shell and support skills that buff the explosion and burning dmg possible?
But dunno how dangerous something like that could be vs ele reflect.

Very interested in ur ideas.
"
_PBS_ wrote:
Hello! I have a question. You take many nodes for physical damage, but WoE is multy-damage weapon and attack speed is better for DPS than physical damage. This is because of mana, right? How much you can boost your attack speed before you get problem with mana? 60-70%?

I trying to create build for standart league, with WoE + Abyssus + Rainbowstride + Lazhwar and Vaal Pact, maybe you can give me advice: http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAAecDhwOWEdUS4RjbGYYZihpVG60mlSi1KaUqODGeMgk0kzWSNug64TsoQKBDnEd-Sn1KyEyxTeNOKlM1VUtYr1uvYENhIWNwZKNlTWegbEZtbG17bj1uaW6qb55wcnJseA1464MJhNmHaod2jDaQbJLzk_ybtZ_LouqmV6luqZSsR6xZrOquz7VItfK2Qb6nvrzBi8M6ykrQR9N-0_zcgt0N5wrrju9O73rv4_zF_o-zP09WHt-nMPe-iPEUIFBHKNvf75LN6ywqTT8nnrn7CfbaGo_yRf4K52OuDA==

The reason I take physical % nodes is because this is a primarely physical dps build. maybe some people dont realize it but wings of entropy gives you a 300 pure phys dps weapon in each hand, dont be fooled by the chaos/fire damage, this is a phys weapon. as far as attack speed goes, theres just not that much attack speed available, i feel i get the most effective nodes. mana is not an issue since i use blood magic, cyclone is just too high cost to go mana based.

your build looks interesting, maybe instead of going vaal pact use a life gain on hit gem ? and be careful aware, bringer of rain is 15% of your block. if you are on standard tho, block dosent matter so much maybe since dying dosent matter so much.
"
FauliPrime wrote:
Any ideas for a nice use of the 6link on WoE when u already got BoR and dont care too much bout a 2nd attack for single target?
I could easyly live with cyclone fir single and the few secs it takes longer to kill map Bosses etc. If i could get something that can work all the time while i cyclone around or sthg that gives u more survivability.

Maybe something like high lvl cwdt with quality molten shell and support skills that buff the explosion and burning dmg possible?

For my 6 Link i would use it for pvp, since this is a block build it will be very tough in pvp.
maybe you can do things like : beartrap+cullingstrike+leapslam+spectral throw+faster attacks+blood magic ? or maybe something with curse on hit, cast when damage taken is cool but you have to take damage for it to work XD. this build dosent have the life pool of a kaoms heart build, therefor i personally dont plan to sue high lvl codt gems, maybe low lvl ones for utility and cursing at some point who knows?

when i have more ideas for good use of the 6link i will post them, thanks for the interest in the build :P
"
stevebrule wrote:
"
FauliPrime wrote:

For my 6 Link i would use it for pvp, since this is a block build it will be very tough in pvp.
maybe you can do things like : beartrap+cullingstrike+leapslam+spectral throw+faster attacks+blood magic ? or maybe something with curse on hit, cast when damage taken is cool but you have to take damage for it to work XD. this build dosent have the life pool of a kaoms heart build, therefor i personally dont plan to sue high lvl codt gems, maybe low lvl ones for utility and cursing at some point who knows?

when i have more ideas for good use of the 6link i will post them, thanks for the interest in the build :P

Jeah think there are lots of things worth testing. Funny idea would be to spend few nodes to get the 2nd totem and take low codt and double knockback totem faste casting etc and see enemies pushed around between them like pinballs bot not sure if that works xD

And anither question: U always use cincentrated effects or just for single?

Sry for bad writing. Usin my phone from a not so entertaining family bday :P
Last edited by FauliPrime on Dec 1, 2013, 12:31:20 PM
for the 6l axe i will personally most likely do dual strike for single targeting mobs, sometimes cyclones dsunchs you in doors ets, dual strike can be used in situations like that.

yeas i use conc effect for aoe and single target, i never switch it, the reason for tha tis sinc Wing sof entropy is a 2handed axe, it has a base radius of 7, add master of the arena and you ahve a base radius of 9. with a high Q% cyclone gem, the oe on your cyclone is still very big even with conc effect, and the quality on conc effect is quite good for such a high cost skill as cyclone.
This is a pure theory craft based off the gear, but with taking Eldrich Battery and Mind Over Matter. The idea is to be able to also run Artic Armor with the build and not have to use the blood magic gem at all.

Purely a theory at this time. I think I will try and purchase WoE and Rainbowstrides on standard to test this out.

There is not as many damage nodes, but since you will free up a gem slot by being able to run skills off mana then you can add a good DPS gem. You can use Cyclone or heavy strike with melee splash, multistike and conc effect. The block chance is at 60% and not 68%, but the effects from auras is greatly increased. Artic Armor should be able to be run at least level 15 which will greatly increase protection from physical damage.

Overall, this is a crazy tank build that should be able to retain the spell block while still dealing decent AoE and single target damage.

The big difference is that you pretty much have to start off as a Scion and not duelist since it is very much a hybrid build.

Thoughts?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info