[2.6] Yalani's Low Life Righteous Fire Build

"
AlsoD wrote:
Do you think it's possible (or feasible) for the Guardian version to get enough regen to ditch the benefits of a shield (i.e. any max res or Leo's mod) completely? I was thinking about making a hybrid-RF build with either Whispering Ice or Aegis Aurora (to make use of the insane armor) with Vortex.

Have you tried anything like this? It'd move the RF to being a 4-link for one.

And then it'd be easy enough to switch back to Rise (or even ditch the RF) for any maps (or Atlases!!) with particularly annoying mods.

Guardian still has 1-1.5% Lifereg left without RotP or a Leo Shield - so yea, its possible.

I was planning on doing a Hierophant(for the manacost and extra 5 links) version of the build as a hybrid RF + Flamesurge character. The problem here was the fact, that RF already deals enough damage in most cases, so casting another spell is just a waste of time + you probably want some spelldamage in your skilltree for your Skill, so you have to waste a lot of Skillpoints for that. This build also runs tons of Auras, so i had a problem with Gemsocket availability aswell.

I'll probably continue theorycrafting that stuff at some point when I am bored (like... now for example), but it didn't look too efficent TBH.

TLDR: Yes its possible, but inefficient with my current skilltree and Gemsetup, so you have to come up with something else :P.
Last edited by Yalani on Aug 9, 2016, 12:57:51 PM
The main reason that I ask is this this build: [2.3]LL RF Poison Vortex Elementalist seems to do really nicely by using the Beast Fur Shawl as elementalist instead of a Shav's.

The nice thing about Whispering Ice and Vortex is that neither are that interested in spell damage from the tree when you have RF and Pain Attunement, so you can afford to get the regen.

Vortex gives you huge amounts of double-dipping and Whispering Ice gives you lots and lots of ES.

I think I might wait and see what the changes to double-dipping and the unique rare mods are before getting too involved. Maybe this is less important on standard though. I guess I'll see what I can cook up in the meantime!
interesting build.. guess these prophecy item will much useful for this build too?

ign: SheCull / Sorrow_Shadow / Tipzy_ / WhatEverLaDiu
"
bennyng80 wrote:
interesting build.. guess these prophecy item will much useful for this build too?

Ngamahu Tiki is a great amulet, Shav's Gambit are a trap though.
The lack of ANY movement speed is killer, even when you move with movement skills.
Thank you for guide. This is one of the most well written guides on this forum. Have a good day sir! :)
"
iHaveSinned wrote:
Thank you for guide. This is one of the most well written guides on this forum. Have a good day sir! :)

Thanks a lot mate :)
Hi there Yalani! Massive fan of your guide! Most likely the most well written one in this section of the Forums. I've always been extremely curious in the playstyle/builds of RF, but never had the courage to do so. Mostly due to my usual trend of making up to 6-9 different characters per league which drains my currency so that I'm unable to get certain big ticket items like Shav's. That's going to change though!

But now, after reading your guide and doing my best to filter through the other pages for more answers, I'm definitely going to give it a go for the next league! Which with that, I have a few questions if you don't mind me asking.

> Do you have any recommendations/tips for playing this build or any similar versions for starter builds in a fresh league?

- I'm planning to make this my very 1st build of the new Essence League, and also planning to make it one of, if not, the sole characters that I'll play this entire league. (Definitely limiting myself to 2-3 characters for once). I've read some other guides and it seems that RF can be done, but when on a budget, they highly recommend Life > ES/LL. What are you opinions on this?

> Do you have any experiences with theorycrafting a build/version of this with the Ascendancy, Hierophant?

- With the start of a new league coming, a lot of people are leaning towards starter builds that have more "Support" based options in their Ascendancies, anticipating the potentially difficult end-game content that is to come. What are your thoughts on the use of Hierophant for:

- The "free" 5-Links for more spells or even RF itself?
- The "extra" ES that scales with your Mana?
- The Endurance charges & Power charges you can generate with ease for more mitigation & damage.

- If the answer if no, then may I ask for an explanation of why Guardian & Inquisitor over Hierophant option?

> May I ask what your opinions are on the new and upcoming base items that were just announced? Particularly, the Marble Amulet & the Crystal Belt?

- For reference: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1712504

- I've heard and read a lot of speculation about how the new base items will open up a lot of new doors for certain LL builds, including RF. Will you think this'll make RF more popular in the next league?

- With the new items, and the sheer amounts of LifeReg & ES you can now accumulate after Lvl 70+, do you think that these items might allow for more "flexibility" in the RF skill trees, make itemization different, or maybe even replace other "staple" uniques?

- Could these higher ES options, now give us more "poor" players the chance to use something like Solaris Lorica over Shav's?

- I've also heard references to the use of items, for LL builds, such as The Beast Fur Shawl over Shav's? Any experience with this?

That's all the Qs I have for now! I'll probably come up with more if that's alright! I want to be ready to play RF :D
"
MarcAurelius wrote:
Hi there Yalani! Massive fan of your guide! Most likely the most well written one in this section of the Forums.

Thanks!
"
> Do you have any recommendations/tips for playing this build or any similar versions for starter builds in a fresh league?

- I'm planning to make this my very 1st build of the new Essence League, and also planning to make it one of, if not, the sole characters that I'll play this entire league.

I personally would not play this build as a league starter (unless you know how to generate currency really fast), because:

-Leveling RF (especially LL RF) sucks. The skilltree basically only has ES, Auraeffectiveness and Burningdamage/DoT; all of which are kinda useless for your leveling experience :P. You can (and should) pick some spell or elemental damage and get the more efficient Lifenodes near the mainpath while leveling and respec those nodes at level 65, but it will still be a pain to level compared to most other builds. In addition to that, most leveling uniques are kinda expensive early in the league.

-LL RF scales exeptionally well with gear and character level, since additional ES does increase both, damage and survivability. Decent ES gear is expensive early on aswell.

-You need Shavronnes Wrappings.

-You might need a level 2 or 3 Enlighten on some Ascendancy Classes or you have to drop some Auras.

-Even after level 65 this build is rather weak, since you have to skill Lifereg and Auraeffect first. The build starts to get stronger at ~75, when you are able to skill more damage and ES.

My recommendation would be to start with a budget build and generate some currency to fuel this build as your second character.
"
I've read some other guides and it seems that RF can be done, but when on a budget, they highly recommend Life > ES/LL. What are you opinions on this?

Jup, I did a lifebased RF build back in Perandus almost 100% Selffound. This is something you can't do on a LL RF char, since ES gear is expensive + you need a Shav's for this. As soon as you have a decent amount of currency available, ES-based RF starts to get better.

"

> Do you have any experiences with theorycrafting a build/version of this with the Ascendancy, Hierophant?

Yes, I theorycrafted several Hierophant versions of this build, but they all failed either because another class did the job better or because... well, lets explain that while answering your other questions.
"

- The "free" 5-Links for more spells or even RF itself?

One of my Hierophant attempts was basically a hybrid Flamesurge RF character. While theorycrafting i noticed 2 Things:
1. This is a very Auraheavybuild, and therefor lacks gemsockets for another 4 or 6 link
2. RF allready kills everything instantly and also deals with bosses rather fast due to Vaal Discipline and Ele Equilibrium, so using another spell would just be a waste of time.
"
- The "extra" ES that scales with your Mana?

This node is unfortunatly not as good as it seems, because it behaves like a conversion. This means, that increased %mana in the tree applies at the same time as %energyshield. Guardians mana->ES node on the other hand behaves like you would expect, and makes %mana nodes basically another more multiplier to the base ES it grants.
"
- The Endurance charges & Power charges you can generate with ease for more mitigation & damage.

There is always Enduring Cry if you want Endurance charges, and Power Charges don't do much for this build.

"

- If the answer if no, then may I ask for an explanation of why Guardian & Inquisitor over Hierophant option?

Guardian has basically everything this build wants (except for raw damage and speed); lots of Base ES, lots of free reg, Auraeffect, a way to get Armour as a secondary layer of defense and even more reg and physical mitigation, which also scales with your Auraeffect.

Inquisitor has lots of Reg and attackspeed for Whirling Blades and a 16% more multiplier for your damage, but is VERY gimmicky to use due to the consecrated ground playstyle. I would personally never play this class over any other class mentioned in this build. Its equally "bad" as Hierophant is.

I'd probably only play Hierophant if you want the 20% AoE for RF, but that also only works if you are very well geared and can afford to drop the benefits of the other classes.

"
> May I ask what your opinions are on the new and upcoming base items that were just announced? Particularly, the Marble Amulet & the Crystal Belt?

This build needs (depending on your class) lots of STR and DEX, which mainly comes from my Amulet + Belt (I am currently using a Heavy Belt, which I haven't updated in the gearsection though), so those items aren't as good as they seem on the first look. I probably have to respec 2-3 ES nodes in favour of DEX/STR nodes if i Want to use these Items.
They definitely are very good for this build, but they are probably not really buildchanging.
"
Will you think this'll make RF more popular in the next league?

As long as people still have the "RF CAN'T RUN 50% OF THE MAPMODS, SO IT SUCKS" mentality (which is not true btw - i run every map, no matter the mods), RF will probably never be a meta build. I read stuff like this almost daily on reddit though :/

"
- With the new items, and the sheer amounts of LifeReg & ES you can now accumulate after Lvl 70+, do you think that these items might allow for more "flexibility" in the RF skill trees, make itemization different, or maybe even replace other "staple" uniques?

No, the Lifereg of the amulet (probably 1.5% or 2% at maxroll) is sadly too low. It could make a difference if it where 3-4% (like the Trickster version, which is able to use Grace with Shav's Ring compared to without it).
You probably can't even safe some skillpoints with this amulet, since most Liferegnodes are either paired with other good Stats (ES, Life, DoT...) or are really close to the mainpath anyway.

"
- Could these higher ES options, now give us more "poor" players the chance to use something like Solaris Lorica over Shav's?

Not recommended, as Shav's provides too much ES to not use it.

"
- I've also heard references to the use of items, for LL builds, such as The Beast Fur Shawl over Shav's? Any experience with this?

Beast requires pretty high Chaos resistance to work, and you also have to drop a Bloodmagic Aura to not die to Chaos damage.
It is possible, and i'll probably theorycraft and add something like this to the guide in the future, but it most likely not turn out to be too OP.

Greetings.

Last edited by Yalani on Aug 20, 2016, 2:46:47 PM
Wow! Alright cool, thanks for the great advice! I'm kinda saddened that you can do this build outright at the start of a league, but I understand, since it's powerful & has a high ability to do all types of content.

Now my next set of follow-up questions will have to be:

"
Jup, I did a lifebased RF build back in Perandus almost 100% Selffound. This is something you can't do on a LL RF char, since ES gear is expensive + you need a Shav's for this. As soon as you have a decent amount of currency available, ES-based RF starts to get better.

> From that statement, I'm guessing a life-based version of RF is totally viable as an alternative? Could I run this as my first build? RF SSF?

- How viable is this? I'm unsure of the "power" difference of life-based RF in comparison to LL/ES based RF. With life-based, initially, will I be able to run at least low-tier (1-6) maps up to mid-tier (7-13)?

- The idea I had in mind was to do Semi-SSF Life Based RF & then when I obtained the right amount of currency I'd just use it on Shav's + other ES gear + Regrets to respec. Any advice? I don't mind spending the currency on the 1 character.

> With that, what Class + Ascendancy would you recommend that'd be best for this life to LL/ES transition?

- I'm thinking still Trickster, but I am not as experienced with it as you. Also, Chieftain looks interesting, but I'm concerned that it might be too far South-West of the tree to work for LL/ES transition later.

- Also, I'm a massive fan of the Duelist class, as well as it's Ascendancies Champion & Slayer. Now, I'm well aware that it is literally on the bottom half of the tree, making it extremely difficult to path for any type of spell-based build, let alone RF, but I was wondering if you've dabbled in to any theory-crafting regarding it? I've always thought that since you see some Champion ED builds or Slayer BV builds, that something along those lines would be doable. Any thoughts?

Again thanks for all the advice!
"
- How viable is this? I'm unsure of the "power" difference of life-based RF in comparison to LL/ES based RF. With life-based, initially, will I be able to run at least low-tier (1-6) maps up to mid-tier (7-13)?

It is alright for mapping, but not really top notch level. Lifebased RF also requires more Lifereg than ESbased RF + it is a waste to skill Auraeffectiveness, so you might indeed have some troubles with certain mapmods (especially without a level 20 PoF). But well... it requires little to no currency investment, which is nice.

"
- The idea I had in mind was to do Semi-SSF Life Based RF & then when I obtained the right amount of currency I'd just use it on Shav's + other ES gear + Regrets to respec. Any advice? I don't mind spending the currency on the 1 character.

> With that, what Class + Ascendancy would you recommend that'd be best for this life to LL/ES transition?

That will probably be the problem. Chieftain works quite well without any currency, but other classes require some investment - Chieftain is however a very bad choice for LL RF.
You also would have to respec almost the whole passivetree for your transition to LL RF.

"
- Also, I'm a massive fan of the Duelist class, as well as it's Ascendancies Champion & Slayer. Now, I'm well aware that it is literally on the bottom half of the tree, making it extremely difficult to path for any type of spell-based build, let alone RF, but I was wondering if you've dabbled in to any theory-crafting regarding it? I've always thought that since you see some Champion ED builds or Slayer BV builds, that something along those lines would be doable. Any thoughts?

Yes, i tried different Trees with Slayer and Champion and also tried to use lots of Energy from Within Jewels to get at least something out of the bad starting area of the class, but it honestly always turned out pretty bad compared to the northern classes.

I'd probably just level a second character once you got the currency for it, since you need tons of respecpoints otherwise - no matter what other build you want to play first. The passivetree of this build is just too far off of many other builds.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info