Krip LS ranger <-

"
nexx80 wrote:
My character got 38% absorb from armor and 30fire, 50 cold, 75 lightning resistances. Armor is low but i thought i could tank something with granite on. I was wrong. Even with resist flask and granite which both give me max res for cold and 60% physical reduction one elite zombie with +cold dmg in dungeon map lvl 66 takes 1/3 of my hp (of course freezing me in the process).

With Grace level 11 and Granite of Iron Skin you should be easily in the 70% reduction.

Another option would be a second Granite of Resistance so that you get both effects for a set duration. 4.8 seconds for 20% quality. This may be better overall than using the resistance flasks? (if you meant the Topaz etc).

Yet another option is Enduring Cry. A 4th charge from Merciless Oak. You get a flat +% bonus so you can stack 20% damage reduction on top of the Granite and Grace. With a two handed weapon I think I would have gone down that route. Faster Casting makes it much more convenient to (re)cast.
"
qinii wrote:
i have 0 probs, to rush act 3, have so mutch attack speed, that i cant die,
only die on onehits. or 3-4 dogs in the docks, and that instandly.

Yeah attack speed is a huge factor in DPS. You can click your character name at the top of the page. Then click the items. If it doesn't show, disable javascript/ad blockers for this site.
"
DeF46 wrote:
With Grace level 11 and Granite of Iron Skin you should be easily in the 70% reduction.

I got lvl 17 of grace. With granite i got ~65% reduction and with the mechanics that are in this game it's nothing. It helps to tank mobs which did nothing to me but not the mobs that are hitting hard. The larger hit the less your armor helps you. Your reduction is reduced by the amout you get hit. If brutus hits you, you will not absorb full 40% or 65-70% with granite but ~15%. Even ppl stacking armor and endurance charges have problems with bigger hits because your armor becomes nothing. Thats a real problem.

I got new chest which improved my stats a lot for one item. I put haevy strike with supports in it and it gives me 4800 single target which is good but still.. i know that even if i get full resists (i got 52/59/75 now) and more armor i will get destroyed because of the way armor works in this game. Hope they will change it. They said they have some changes to melee coming soon which should settle the whole melee vs ranged. Looking forward to it but for now i'm not satisfied with my character because what im doing is playing ranged not melee. I cant tank anything and im shooting projectiles so there is no reason to play that way instead of reroll to ranged which is doing that job 3 times better.
As i said before it was fun before but act 3 mercilles veryfied everything.
Last edited by nexx80 on Feb 13, 2013, 3:06:23 AM
The armor issue is really quite a stupid thing. Weak mobs can hit me with my 7k but a nice rare fellas make me suffer sometimes. Anyway that is not a big deal - life on hit and life leech really do the job - my hp is almost always 80-100% full, no matter whom I hit (except the damn doggies in docks - but the ametyst flasks help there a lot).
As for now I have maxres (except chaos), 2.5k hp, 7k armor and 4k dps on heavy strike, 1.8-2k on lightining strike.
Not too impressive but soloing 3 act merci I can at the same time eat, drink tea and stick a finger in my nose - I almost never have hard moments.
Current lvl is 70

The main question now - gonna try to play without Iron Reflexes.

"
nexx80 wrote:
I cant tank anything and im shooting projectiles so there is no reason to play that way instead of reroll to ranged which is doing that job 3 times better.

You've got a point there. Let's face it there is effectively no way to create a viable tanking build (edited, from "melee") for endgame, even the Marauders end up using Ground Slam or something like that killing from a distance.

I just list my character to Vaal Oversoul in Merciless. Game crashed, so I portalled back in (I was in a party), and my attention slipped I guess and I got ONE SHOT by the "smash" attack.

So words to the wise: you need more than 2500 effective (after auras) HP to survive this attack. Probably 3K at the very least.

Pretty disgusted right now because I can't expect with 100% certainty that his attack will be avoided during the fight. It's just too fast, plus internet lag, plus graphics lag. You just have to account for it (imho), unless you're a wuss and let other people do the work. I was meleeing Vaal to stack Viper Strike charges, and also throwing Fire Traps.

But maybe you're right and 3K HP wasn't gonna cut it for Act III Merciless anyway o_O
Last edited by DeF46 on Feb 13, 2013, 6:37:02 PM
"
DeF46 wrote:
"
nexx80 wrote:

I just list my character to Vaal Oversoul in Merciless. Game crashed, so I portalled back in (I was in a party), and my attention slipped I guess and I got ONE SHOT by the "smash" attack.

This attack is evil indeed, but it is not too hard to avoid it by running away when Vaal is getting ready to hit. There's time for that. I bever get hit by this attack.. Only if game lags - that's true.
"
cagecreed wrote:
"
DeF46 wrote:

This attack is evil indeed, but it is not too hard to avoid it by running away when Vaal is getting ready to hit. There's time for that. I bever get hit by this attack.. Only if game lags - that's true.

Yes, I meleed Vaal like half the time till it was about 30% health. It isn't hard to see what he is doing when you are close to him, and actually fairly safe so long as you don't keep your eyes off him.

However when you take a portal back to the area, it's very dangerous. In my case, at least ten seconds passed since I had to restart the game. So I had no idea where he was. When you portal back in, if other people happen to keep their distance at that moment, Vaal may be facing you already and readying his attack even as you approach to see where he is and what is going on. In that scenario, you can see the attack coming in too late.

My mistake was to go for him after using the portal. Next time I would use a Quicksilver ASAP after porting in and stay away from him for a while till I get a good grip on what he's currently doing.

So I don't know about my hybrid build. I thought I would remake one with more life and less "skillgrimage", but considering he does approx. 3000 Phys + 3000 Fire damage, having a 3000 HP character for Vaal Merciless may not make any difference anyway in that situation. 3500 might just make it with capped Fire Resist and 40+% base damage reduction, I'm not sure.
Last edited by DeF46 on Feb 13, 2013, 6:44:01 PM
"
cagecreed wrote:
As for now I have maxres (except chaos), 2.5k hp, 7k armor and 4k dps on heavy strike, 1.8-2k on lightining strike.(...)

Your passive tree doesn't inclyude any armor nodes. Did you max Grace or get a really good chest/shield with 1000+ defense on both to get 7k armor?
"
DeF46 wrote:
"
cagecreed wrote:
As for now I have maxres (except chaos), 2.5k hp, 7k armor and 4k dps on heavy strike, 1.8-2k on lightining strike.(...)

Your passive tree doesn't inclyude any armor nodes. Did you max Grace or get a really good chest/shield with 1000+ defense on both to get 7k armor?

I have a lvl 17 grace and high evasion gear - this gives me my 7k.

As for now a actually tried to reroll my body armor and spoiled about 700 evasion... Never roll an item until you you have a decent substitution...
-
Last edited by DeF46 on Feb 21, 2013, 5:17:28 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info