Jan 14: One-week HC Race

"
Drystion wrote:
"
dime wrote:
"
Drystion wrote:
What issues are there with solo though?

Trading would totally fuck over a long-term solo event.

Yea, that would have to be fixed. I'm hoping/assuming they plan on doing that for solo events in the future.

Yep, clearly it is not a priority, so until then we'll just have to suck it up and "suffer" through the superior party races ;)
IGN @dime
Last edited by dime on Jan 10, 2013, 12:57:54 PM
No trading also makes it more RNG dependent. I mean I like playing solo and all, but I'd rather play in a party race than solo without trading.

Drystion, fwiw, In the last turbo (party) 1 week I finished 12th in less than half the race's time. If some soloers played well, had a bit of luck and played a lot, they could even have won.
In my opinion 1 week race is the best of all the events. I do not like hourly, where everything happens at blazing speeds. Here has the freshness of mind and a good build. To sum up, this time I will start and I'll try my chances :)
"
Flab wrote:
No trading also makes it more RNG dependent. I mean I like playing solo and all, but I'd rather play in a party race than solo without trading.

Same here man, party races in general are just far more fun. Trading in solo races would be interesting, however if the friends of the guy in 3rd place who are not going to place in top 20 end up dumping currency and whatnot to the point where the guy ends up 1st -- that would be a bullshit way to win.

No one is arguing that we shouldn't have turbo, or we shouldn't have solo, or shouldn't have solo with trading disabled -- but I won't bitch and moan about it. It's a free game and obviously GGG has higher priorities right now than endlessly developing the race events. Shit, we have had a race event nearly every day this last month. In the first half of 2012, we were lucky if we had one normal race per week.
IGN @dime
Last edited by dime on Jan 10, 2013, 1:06:24 PM
"
dime wrote:
"
Flab wrote:

Same here man, party races in general are just far more fun. Trading in solo races would be interesting, however if the friends of the guy in 3rd place who are not going to place in top 20 end up dumping currency and whatnot to the point where the guy ends up 1st -- that would be a bullshit way to win.

No one is arguing that we shouldn't have turbo, or we shouldn't have solo, or shouldn't have solo with trading disabled -- but I won't bitch and moan about it. It's a free game and obviously GGG has higher priorities right now than endlessly developing the race events. Shit, we have had a race event nearly every day this last month. The first half of 2012 we were lucky if we had one normal race per week.

Oh partying is definitely more fun (depending on your party members), I actually meant I'd rather play solo in a party race with trade enabled than a solo trade disabled race.
"
dime wrote:
7 pages of "do this other type of event instead" -- this is really annoying, though not unexpected.

I'm glad we have a one-week race, but can we stop talking about which rulesets we'd rather play?

Here is a link to the Suggestions forum: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-forum/3

"
Foronisus wrote:
Its good as it is

Agreed, at least we get race events, right?

WHINING

"
TheuberClips wrote:
I think you should have made this 1 week hardcore solo turbo

"
BazzV5 wrote:
We've had a few of these 1 Week party races now but still no Solo races.

"
Hilbert wrote:
No Turbo. No Thanks.

"
SL4Y3R wrote:
Agreed. Should at least be turbo

"
Deiru wrote:
Turbo please

"
Onward wrote:
yes, turbo pls!!

"
Pam wrote:
No turbo ;(

"
Terroronyou wrote:
PLEASE make it turbo, lets end the closed beta with a bang!

"
Khastro wrote:
no turbo no solo i couldnt care less about that ""race""

"
Onward wrote:
Looks like its a party race... now im disaapointed

"
p0t wrote:
Ideally having a second solo 1 week race at the same time would be more interesting for me.

"
Flab wrote:
I may have played in this, but it's not turbo

"
govaguy wrote:
One week solo would be more fun

"
indczn wrote:
Lack of Turbo is disappointing.

"
Valmar wrote:
I would like one week solo without trading/droping optionable :/

"
Ragnarok789 wrote:
Wish this was solo

"
veet wrote:
For the last few hours of the race, how about turning on turbo mode?

"
davep1 wrote:
really wish this could have been a turbo.

It's not turbo, it's not solo, can we get over it?

Funny you should call out whiners, considering how you acted at the end of the last race on stream.

Apologies if i'm confusing you with someone else.

If I am and that wasn't you, why don't you get over your dislike of people opining on the race and possible variations?. No one cares that you don't care about peoples' race opinions. What else should we talk about in here. It's just people giving opinions.
"
veet wrote:
Funny you should call out whiners, considering how you acted at the end of the last race on stream.

If I am and that wasn't you, why don't you get over your dislike of people opining on the race and possible variations?. No one cares that you don't care about peoples' race opinions. What else should we talk about in here. It's just people giving opinions.

You got the wrong guy.

Problem is there are literally 2 or 3 variations people keep posting about in pretty much every event thread.

We get it, you want turbo and/or solo! However, the rules of this event have already been set!
IGN @dime
Well I don't mean to harp on, but just to clarify, since it is all subjective.

I think turbo is what the game SHOULD be like, the other thing is it'd be the last race where I could still use phase run. I apologize for being disappointed.
"
dime wrote:
"
veet wrote:

You got the wrong guy.

Problem is there are literally 2 or 3 variations people keep posting about in pretty much every event thread.

We get it, you want turbo and/or solo! However, the rules of this event have already been set!

Apologies then. I couldn't care less, I just don't see a reason to call people out on it. What I had mentioned was simply a twist for the final closed beta event. That's the only reason I mentioned it.

Anyway, look for me at 569th place.

Edit: I hate turbo by the way, but I know I have no chance to win, so I thought it would be interesting in this one event to see how the top tier guys handle it.
Last edited by veet on Jan 10, 2013, 1:25:25 PM
I love turbo, but the game isn't balanced around it. Turbo without phase run will be great.

"
Flab wrote:
I think turbo is what the game SHOULD be like

Agreed, once you have played the game enough the only non-turbo mobs you end up fearing are flicker strike, rhoas, and snakes -- the only things that are fast moving.
IGN @dime

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info