Jan 14: One-week HC Race

"
koizumi wrote:
"
Vraarz wrote:
So You want to play 2h a day and win a RACE?
1-2h a day is nothing and You cant compete in any (e)sports if You dont want to commit more time.
Get a grip and stop crying.

That's a bogus argument if I ever heard one. I agree that people that can't play a lot shouldn't expect to do well in these long races but that comparison is just stupid.

1. There has never ever ever ever been a tournament in which the players has to play for over 100 hours in a single week to be able to compete.

2. While professional players spend a lot of time playing most of that time is spent practising, they will spend weeks practising for a single tournament or even for a single game, the game/tournament itself will take a fraction of the time it took to prepare. Also tournaments usually consists of four parts waiting and one part gaming. They play their game, take a break before next game, play, take a break and so on. You wont see people competing for 12+ hours in a row in a single day.

3. Players who may not have as much time to spend practising can and do actually compete at the highest level, less so in recent years since more money in e-sport has meant that more and more can play game full time. Ever heard of mondragon? Best non-korean zerg of all time in SC:BW. When he was at the top of his game he barely played at all other than prepare for specific matches every now and then and participating in tournaments, he won tournaments left and right, took a bronze at wcg 2007 after beating korean super-zerg savior and so on.

4. Even if the people who have more time to practice hold an edge over those haven't got that time there is nothing stopping them from competing on equal footing in e-sports. You do not get rewarded with points for extra attendance in tournaments.

5. The 1-week races are not comparable to e-sport. The 1-3 hour races would be a more apt comparison since you can spend a lot of time practising different builds and styles in preparation for those races and everyone is able to compete on an equal footing, you do not gain an advantage by being able to participate longer in the race than anyone else.

agree
IGN: SwaggerOfWreaclast
Norishige here. Race was amazing, met some great guys after partying up in the last 2 days of the event. We were down to a 3 man team with a last lvl66 map and were about to call it quits with 4 hours to go. The guys from ANGRY team joined us after we asked for players to join us in global and from there managed to quickly chain up to 3 lvl 69 maps. Accomplished the goal of doing Maze, Necropolis and Plateau.

Crappy self found gear (except for chest and belt which were traded/given)
Spoiler
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

Build

Best find in my race was this 500 dmg 2 handed weapon. Wasn't able to trade it for currency or items, no offers at all.

Unavailable

Looking forward to future events! :)
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
This really was a team effort and everyone on it was a winner!

The race was much closer than we expected, and after 4 very unlucky pushes into the high lvl maps we weren't far enough ahead to chill on the last days.

I think getting lvl 20gems @ the start of 81 really told the tale.

Build
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAm42v6wguGY7tg9N-73rRqbDSkL78xd0NZ6CQCjqzW6-HdhjbSn1DnHTxDq0hYJ65FHUppUCgwdgFLWBLeu907YTvYSEaVWSjNuhYrzpSeA1Gad-_qW5N47XyrFmuk26q_o-mV3q4bPYyfjrhtz6I8cauPC3-CsT28kUn7edj892sqhkuWfPUj8Aaud2QVfIv7w6nhGo7qBjnUho4IPBUSew4Xz9X4vZId-UyiYzPBLNQUBRNAnFYY6IAxtg=

6k life is forever awsome.

Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

But please please please, do not ever have these 1 week races so close to each other ever again

Suggestion: 8 hours limited per day with a closed team trading system. (i.e you can only trade within members of your group!) Wouldn't that be fun!
twitch.tv/nugiyen (Live almost everyday from 15.00 +1 GMT)
follow @nugiyen on twitter
www.youtube.com/nugiyen
Great fun!

Sad that the bow I found on the race will be gone soon...

Unavailable

I did most of the game in small groups of 2 or 3, and none of them made it to maps...
RIP my friends
To there be more events before the OB?

congrats all winers!
gg fun race indeed! first serious race and i´ve never played this much in one week before, it´s insane, but insane can also mean alot of fun lol. Mahhtumplar lvl79 over n out
"
elkaos18 wrote:
To there be more events before the OB?

congrats all winers!

No, they said this race would be the last one. Only 2 days left of CB.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Hiya!

This was my first week race and also first time ever to experience end-game.
I started race with my friend, we had played few characters before but not beyond ruthless difficulty. We had amazing pace considering our experience. We hit first day lvl 50 and went to try ruthless Vaal and you can guess the result :D. RIP Barebutt & esjonnexd.
Second day after good 8 hour sleep I decided to try again solo ranger. I played it supersafe, overfarmed the content that I didn't know and had great success.

Some break points on stats I had:
Before ruthless vaal 2,2k hp and +70 all resistances.
Before merciless brutus near 3k hp.
Before merciless vaal near 4k hp and capped resistances.
My damage sucked really hard all the time but I made it alive.

I had 8x60maps when I started to do them and ran out of them. Really bad luck I guess.
I managed to buy some 60maps and got better result with them. I ended up to have tons of 61s & 62s, few 63s, couple 64s and one 65.

The result: Rank 76 & lvl74. Really happy about this.

Build that I used:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIBm40ILhmO7YPTfjWSTsjuDiP27_BaSFb6dEEUdcHYDq0ppfzFZ6CHdkp93Q06syzpWz0VIDWGuc2dqoPb_EvOcWwWKk0_J26qtfIyfqlurpOmVzrhiPFs9oLkiq_aYpSgaHTYTZARTeOsWf6PeA3QR1ivNug6Ut-_eri3PsauPC3E9ift892sqnKpfNkZLtlhah6oGPIvud3vDudSVElfP_ZIjM9QUFhjxtj-CvJF52M=

Thanks for nugiyen's stream! I listened it when I played and it speeded up my POE learning expecience very much.

See you all in Open Beta.
timezone: +2 GMT IGN: Zenoth
My first race. I had a blast, and look forward to many more races in the future. Respect to dominion and nugiyen who stuck with simon until the bitter end when they had so much to lose. Simon fought harder than anyone in this race and he deserved his demi, but it was not in the cards.
[quote="Path of Exile forums"]Draft out of sync.[/quote]
Tobad these kind of races are for a limited amount of people, would be fun to compete in it but I don't get to play 24-7 unfortunally so without any chance of top 20 I don't see the point.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info