1.0.2 Microtransaction Videos and Damage Over Time Changes

"
Xalmaren wrote:
I see many more viper strike builds popping up soon

I see fewer, unless they buff the base. You don't get any %increased chaos damage nodes :'(

"
does this mean that ignite now scales quadratically with increased fire damage?

No. This is more important for things like Fire Trap, I would expect.
If I have two fish, and you have three fish, how many fish do we have?
None. These are MY fish.
"
lilithdies wrote:
"
For example, "increased fire damage" modifiers will apply to fire damage over time.

does this mean that ignite now scales quadratically with increased fire damage?

Ya that's a little weird as he says "fire damage over time" and not 'burning damage'. Fire builds will become way to powerful if fire damage over time and burning damage are in fact the same thing.
"Burning Damage" means the same thing as "fire damage over time". There is no distinction between the two, we just give fire damage over time a fancy name because it sounds better.
Does crit effect DOT?
IGN stupidgame_
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"Burning Damage" means the same thing as "fire damage over time". There is no distinction between the two, we just give fire damage over time a fancy name because it sounds better.

OH. MY. GOD.
ty 4 discharge buff will buy moar microtransactions
ign = SLUG
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

So fireball for example, a 100% increased fire damage will double the base damage of the fireball, AND double the burning damage of ignite?

So instead of 50 base fireball with 100% increasted fire damage igniting(non crit) turning into, 100 + 133(over 4 seconds)

It'll be 100 + 266(over 4 seconds)?

Last edited by Agashi on Nov 26, 2013, 12:36:28 AM
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

i dont understand that - is that mean that increased burning dmg and increased fire dmg effect together when ignite an enemy?
my builds:
- COLB (Cast On Last Breath) first ever build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1632595
- the Flash: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1367774
- the oro's bridle build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1409823
"
PolarisOrbit wrote:
"
Modifiers based on how the damage is dealt will apply as appropriate - for example, increased area damage and increased projectile damage will both apply to the poison clouds from Poison Arrow, as it fills an area and is an effect of a projectile.

I predict this will cause a lot of confusion. Since when are clouds considered projectiles? Who thinks that's "appropriate," and what do they think that word means?

I agree. It seems completely arbitrary, not "appropriate".
If you GGG finally decide to add player based game shops for their items, that would be a very good source of micro transactions.
IGN JimansNotSummoner

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info