1.0.2 Microtransaction Videos and Damage Over Time Changes

I smell Discharge
viper strike and melee splash? Fuck. Yeah.
"
Soranor wrote:
A few patches ago IIR/IIQ started working for dot except for gems. Gems will be working too in 1.0.2.
No, IIQ/IIR on gear have always worked with DoT. The gems will work with DoT in this patch, but this is unrelated to the changes to damage scaling - it's a completely separate change involving special handling for those supports that I put in to go through at the same time, not a consequence of the changes.
"
VGPat wrote:
"
Chris wrote:

Out of curiosity will this also bring about a Fix to Ranged Attack Totem not being able to use Poison Arrow?

And if so, does this also mean that the generic "Totem Damage" Nodes in the Skill Tree would apply to a buff to the Chaos Damage from Poison Arrow? If so, this could open up an entire new avenue for two lesser used skills.
Yes and Yes.
<redacted>
Personal Item Filter(s):
https://www.pathofexile.com/item-filter/Rxpet8
Last edited by Censurri on Apr 13, 2021, 9:53:32 AM
any plans to let manashield mitigate dot damage? I have the ill premonition that viper strike exiles and puncture mobs will kill me in this patch
IGN: Torrenz
Nemesis Shop: view-thread/634031
Ok Chris, I demand an explanation here:

Damage over time is not spell damage, nor attack damage, so modifiers specific to those types will not apply.

Fair enough.

Non-specific "increased damage" modifiers will apply to damage over time. Type-specific modifiers will apply as well. For example, "increased fire damage" modifiers will apply to fire damage over time.

Right, so fire affects burning, and physical affects puncture.

Modifiers based on how the damage is dealt will apply as appropriate - for example, increased area damage and increased projectile damage will both apply to the poison clouds from Poison Arrow, as it fills an area and is an effect of a projectile.

Wait, what?
I get that area damage can increase cloud degeneration (and righteous fire / fire trap for that matter) since the degeneration ITSELF is the area effect.

On that note, does Righteous Fire work with Concentrated Effect now?

But why projectile nodes?
Is this a mistake?
The poison cloud is a side-effect generated by an arrow, but the cloud itself IS NOT an arrow.

For that matter, why wouldn't "attack damage" nodes affect viper strike? after all, it's am ATTACK that is APPLYING a debuff.

Close along the lines, Fire Trap's explosion is a SPELL EFFECT, that's generating BURNING GROUND
Last edited by lucksickle on Nov 26, 2013, 9:12:12 PM
@Deathstar2x
It should be possible after the patch to add the Aoe property to Viper Strike via Melee Splash. So Conc. Effect could also be considered as a gem to scale the damage (especially because Melee Splash linked to Viper Strike sounds good^^).
But yeah.. I'm also somehow disapointed. I really hoped to be able to scale VS more, like crit or some kind of conversion.
IGN: Scordalia_
<redacted>
Personal Item Filter(s):
https://www.pathofexile.com/item-filter/Rxpet8
Last edited by Censurri on Apr 13, 2021, 9:53:31 AM
Mh, those damn +gem levels. However, doesn't look like we'll see a great VS build coming soon.

/Edit
"
But why projectile nodes?
Is this a mistake?
The poison cloud is a side-effect generated by an arrow, but the cloud itself IS NOT an arrow.

I also don't get it.
IGN: Scordalia_
Last edited by Caliginosus on Nov 26, 2013, 7:21:07 PM
"
Modster wrote:
Will Concentrate Effect work with Poison arrow now? And I assume LMP will reduce it's dps now too?

Asked Mark about the Iron Grip + Poison Arrow and like most people expected, it doesn't work. Just wanted to post that for people that wanted to be sure.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info