[0.10.0] Eldritch Battery Ethereal Knives Shadow [Videos Included]

"
Drgnslyr27 wrote:
how many of ur items r found n how many did u actually craft?

It's already been listed down in the gear section.

"
nikentic wrote:
I will use this in the race of the week. Any tips for pre-ruthless considering gear and where to farm, if ever?

It depends on how sure you are at taking on vaal. Personally I raced through to Merciless and didn't farm much until I reached Merci ledge.

Regarding gear, just stack +life gear as always :)

"
SKIFPAO wrote:
thx for guide! good work

thanks!
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
2 questions:

- does faster attack increase the dps for the spell totem?
- is arc a projectile or what other spell projectiles do exist (that you could add to this build) ?

btw good work to the stuff you make, all your guids are awsome!!!

ps: i tried to make a version with dual totem as a witch
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMA37CCEEGWBUKusyycwbTk7HYRfq8fAjbF2CSnCI9GHRT60oFJsjhmT2aewBpZ81orLKej8lcrB2PmgRFQu9Y74eL3pyttGcHzw22io3_GwcUsvxGWnaP8q9A5F9he-o_62-dHBl9qDkjjhIhrNj2ly8BRcNVwUl3yfjOkkROejDblGbQ41tEqW9IZHhq29xEv8-oWv4fb
i think i will play this for ob - is it viablo or is the 2nd totem not worth and i should stick to the original build?
ign: ALLRAUDER
Last edited by Luuu90 on Jan 11, 2013, 9:27:46 PM
"
2 questions:

- does faster attack increase the dps for the spell totem?
- is arc a projectile or what other spell projectiles do exist (that you could add to this build) ?

btw good work to the stuff you make, all your guids are awsome!!!

ps: i tried to make a version with dual totem as a witch
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMA37CCEEGWBUKusyycwbTk7HYRfq8fAjbF2CSnCI9GHRT60oFJsjhmT2aewBpZ81orLKej8lcrB2PmgRFQu9Y74eL3pyttGcHzw22io3_GwcUsvxGWnaP8q9A5F9he-o_62-dHBl9qDkjjhIhrNj2ly8BRcNVwUl3yfjOkkROejDblGbQ41tEqW9IZHhq29xEv8-oWv4fb
i think i will play this for ob - is it viablo or is the 2nd totem not worth and i should stick to the original build?

- nope it doesn't
- arc is not a projectile, but it is a lightning spell and hence will benefit from spell damage and lightning damage nodes. You can use arc as well actually. In terms of other spell projectiles.. probably not so because the others are either physical or non-lightning elemental.

I think it depends on your playstyle. I presume you've heard of the possible OB change affecting all the double totem builds? If it won't affect your playstyle then by all means I do feel that you can stick to the double totem variation of the build :)
Build of the Week 14
nope , haven heard about the changes ... can you tell me pls?
ign: ALLRAUDER
I made quite a similar to that on my character which is currently only lvl 49.

The difference is I did not take Eldritch and am planning to do a Life/ES Hybrid. I am having HUGE mana problems and have to spam pots constantly even with 2% mana leech from gem. I suspect that the mana upkeep problem will only get worse as I get higher levels.

However, I really don't want to sacrifice the ES.

I am willing to spend points to help with the mana problem. Which option do you think would be better? Getting lots of mana regen and mana+% nodes or getting the mana cost reduction nodes near the templar tree?

For instance if I get 100% mana regen ,+20%~50% mana and around 290-ish Int from nodes alone will that be enough to alleviate my mana woes?

Note that I do not plan to use as many auras, Maybe just Discipline and Hatered (Clarity if possible/necessary)

Or is Eldritch basically a requirement for an EK based build?
IGNs-
Gyeff // Greff // Gyaff
Last edited by geffreyy on Jan 12, 2013, 6:34:24 PM
I used his build, no clarity aura and a 3% mana leech gem and I had no problem at all to farm efficiently.

I used only Mana Leech, Iron Will and Added Fire Damage without any problems at all.
But you took Eldritch?
IGNs-
Gyeff // Greff // Gyaff
"
geffreyy wrote:
I made quite a similar to that on my character which is currently only lvl 49.

The difference is I did not take Eldritch and am planning to do a Life/ES Hybrid. I am having HUGE mana problems and have to spam pots constantly even with 2% mana leech from gem. I suspect that the mana upkeep problem will only get worse as I get higher levels.

However, I really don't want to sacrifice the ES.

I am willing to spend points to help with the mana problem. Which option do you think would be better? Getting lots of mana regen and mana+% nodes or getting the mana cost reduction nodes near the templar tree?

For instance if I get 100% mana regen ,+20%~50% mana and around 290-ish Int from nodes alone will that be enough to alleviate my mana woes?

Note that I do not plan to use as many auras, Maybe just Discipline and Hatered (Clarity if possible/necessary)

Or is Eldritch basically a requirement for an EK based build?

What support gems do you have linked with EK right now?

I wouldn't say that Eldritch is a requirement for an EK based build as long as you have mana leech linked to EK.

As you increase in level, get more damage nodes, increase your EK's DPS and subsequently level your mana leech gem you should find your gameplay experience improving because the amount of mana you'll be leeching back will increase.

Since you're relying on mana leech, clarity and mana regen nodes are unnecessary. What you will need is a larger mana pool to allow you to cast enough EKs to kill the mobs, so taking %mana nodes is almost definitely needed.

Anothing thing I should mention is that EK isn't really meant to be a spammable spell, such as what freezing pulse is for instance. The higher damage scaling, higher mana cost and slower cast time on EK as compared to FP are testament to that. It's more of a 1-2 shot KO mobs then move on kind of spell.

My advice is to try and avoid spamming EK on individual monsters but try and group them together and pool them into one large pack before using EK + fork/chain on the pack to kill all of the monsters. Your subsequent mana leech due to all the effective damage that you'll be dishing out will be higher and the number of times you'll need to cast EK will be reduced as compared to if you had to kill that same number of monsters in a different scenario.
Build of the Week 14
Thanks for the response. I'm currently using EK with only Added fire and Mana Leech. I use Elemental Equilibrium so I alternate between EK and Arc.

Here is the orientation:
Unavailable

At some point in the future I want to be able to use Arc with Lightning Penetration, but for now I don't have the sockets on any of my gear to allow arc- lightning pen - mana leech (also I don't have another mana leech gem). I also want to have EK- Faster Projectiles(or chain) - Added Fire - Mana leech at some point.

For auras I use Hatered with regular mana reserve and Discipline with blood magic support.

My mana problems have been somewhat lower ever since Mana Leech got to 2%, but I still have to use mana pots quite often. Don't get me wrong, it is still very playable, but kind of mana pot spammy.

After what you said I think it would be a better idea to plan to go down from the Templar area to get the 15% mana cost reduction cluster.

EDIT: Actually, nvm. I don't know which would be better +mana% nodes for more Mana Leech Effectiveness or Reduced mana cost nodes...

EDIT2: Nvm no brainer, +Mana% seems better due to accessibility and Reduced mana cost doesn't affect Auras anyway. Plus discipline and hatred have static cost as opposed to %
IGNs-
Gyeff // Greff // Gyaff
Last edited by geffreyy on Jan 13, 2013, 6:43:46 AM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
This build could work with Freezing Pulse right? u change some gems, but keep the same Skill Tree, what u guys think?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info