[0.10.0] Eldritch Battery Ethereal Knives Shadow [Videos Included]

"
Dmillz wrote:
"
Wasabicannon wrote:
Anyone else having a hard time picking between this EK build and Etup's EK build?

I keep finding myself switching from one to the other.

I had this exact same problem. I even created a nice thread outlining the differences and asked for help. Wasn't a lot of replies but the breakdown might help you choose!

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/292387

Ya I actually found that thread from my random google searches.
Did not really make it any easier.

Right now the only things I can see from both builds is that

Etup's - So much more tanky
EB Shadow - Squishy as balls and massive damage increase
Ya that's pretty much the conclusion I came too. I chose this shadow build because the damage increase seems a lot more substantial then the loss of survivability.
IGN: Dmillz
To be honest I never try Etup's build, but Invalesco's EK is not "Squishy" at all.
With the right gear and right playstyle it's damn hard to die. Only "reflect physical" is tricky to handle, but not impossible.

With this gear I am tanking every map to 70, still didn't test higher.

Spoiler

Just put life and mana leech and you will tank any mob. If you afraid of "reflect physical", just equip Chain and lower your DPS.

Invalesco, thanks again for this awesome build! Bump for this epic build.

IGN: Wodak/Pernath
Last edited by Pernath on Mar 29, 2013, 8:49:34 AM
When is the time, ir is it even needed to level my Clarity above level 3?
"
coffecat wrote:
When is the time, ir is it even needed to level my Clarity above level 3?

If you can handle with mana reserved cost for higher levels, there is no need to keep it at level 3.
IGN: Wodak/Pernath
Last edited by Pernath on Apr 1, 2013, 4:30:39 AM
Reflect mobs are not a problem at all for me with this build. That's what the Bear Traps are all about. I have two of them linked to the same Fire Damage support gem and they each do over 7k, 3 times per cooldown. That's six consecutive 7k blasts in a row of non-reflected damage.
Man does not stop playing because he grows old. He grows old because he stops playing. - Oliver Wendell Holmes
How does he support the bear trap when his DEX is 121? My bear trap at level 16 costs 130 DEX.
Im level 65 nad Invalesco is 78 so i guess his bear trap would cost even more DEX?
Same for Haste, costs 136 DEX at level 16.
How is this possible?
@coffecat, the dex requirement for bear trap may have been changed in a patch since Invalesco made the guide; try using an Onyx Amulet or grabbing an Agility (+30 dex) node to compensate; that's what I did.

ALSO, TO PEOPLE HAVING TROUBLE WITH PHYSICAL REFLECT MOBS/MAPS.

There is an incredibly simple solution to this problem. Use Enduring Cry + Immortal Call. Currently I am using a 16% Immortal Call and 13% Increased Duration, lvl 15 and 10, and I gain 4 seconds of invulnerability with 3 endurance charges.

As you are IMMUNE to physical damage for the duration of the Immortal Call, as long as you keep it up, you can now handle Physical reflect mobs/maps with impunity.
Last edited by AMbrosiajuice on Apr 7, 2013, 3:11:23 AM
"
AMbrosiajuice wrote:
@coffecat, the dex requirement for bear trap may have been changed in a patch since Invalesco made the guide; try using an Onyx Amulet or grabbing an Agility (+30 dex) node to compensate; that's what I did.

But there are only 2 +30 DEX nodes near the build, did you grap +10 DEX also?
Can you provide your skill tree please sir.
Trying to figure out if Marauder or Shadow makes for a better EK build. Oh well guess I will just play both.
IGN: DabrixRN

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info