0.9.13k Patch Notes

This is the first fail on GGG's part. This a horrid idea and think you could do better.
hmm, not sure if i like this. Is there a way we can change the alotted channel we are in ?
GGG - Why you no?
"
EpsiIon wrote:
I approve 2012

Last edited by Dakaa on Jan 7, 2013, 12:24:51 AM
The chats are large - like 700 players or more. With the ~3000 players online that we have today, there may be less overall channels than there are currently because difficulties are now combined.

"
PocketSquare wrote:
Will grouped players in an existing global be separated with the addition of a new one? I could imagine it being inconvenient if out of nowhere, you're transferred to another global while people are responding to you or you're responding to someone else.

It's based on what server machine you're on. Everyone in the same instance is in the same chat. We may be improving it so that changing between areas keeps you on the same server machine (hence same chat) in the near future. For now it's probably not needed due to the low number of channels.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
This is the first fail on GGG's part. This a horrid idea and think you could do better.

"You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time."
Last edited by Dakaa on Jan 6, 2013, 5:07:18 PM
Bear in mind there are already four channels for default. Now there will be approximately 2-3. Once we have 30,000+ players online, there is no way for it to work other than this new way. You've already been talking to only a subset of players in global for the last 8 months anyway :)

Private channels will be added in the future in the form of clans.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
An interesting patch, can't wait to see how it pans out.
kpop ... lmao ...dev of the year
@slangDontStop
"

Never can make everyone happy. I'll take separate chats if it means server stability and considering the amount of players that will be flooding come OB, I'm sure it will be needed.
Wait a minute.

So what you're saying is I can no longer "out-run", the OB onslaught of Normal?

Ouch.

EDIT: Is there any way that what lvl you are can act as a variable in determining what chat you're placed in? Or at least for 50% of the players? Something?

I really don't want to be playing in Merciless, and seeing items linked that are from Normal.......
Last edited by SL4Y3R on Jan 4, 2013, 1:59:39 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info